LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing April 27th!

Remember that the $189 price is for one device at a time. More than one simultaneous device is higher.

Thanks for adding that Clarea. That is correct... for 189 you can only use one device at a time. If you change devices you have to log off of one and then log in on the other. To be able to use two devices at the same time will be 229 for the week

Chris:

Thanks for taking the time for the wonderful review. It has all of the information a person needs to plan a cruise on Allure.

Does the $189 include the 20% C&A discount?

Chris:

Thanks for taking the time for the wonderful review. It has all of the information a person needs to plan a cruise on Allure.

Does the $189 include the 20% C&A discount?

No, the $189 is the full price, before discount.

Hi Mary ~ I am a Boardwalk balcony fan. Having sailed on Oasis class 9 times (7 Oasis sailings and twice on Allure) this type of balcony is my 'go to' cabin for a few reasons.

When I sail on one of the Big Sisters unique ships in themselves I like to choose a cabin that you can only experience on this type of ship. I am lucky enough to cruise often enough and save the ocean view balconies for other ships.:) That is my personal thinking on the matter :)

I think the Boardwalk offers the best of both worlds. A view of the ocean and the activity of the Boardwalk. I have never been bothered by the noise and when there is noise it is minimal.

My favorite deck is deck 11 and the best cabin in my eyes is 11329 or 11729 the very last aft boardwalk balcony. My first choice would be 11329 port side as it is the same side you can wave to the webcam from that large public balcony like Bugsy ( Chris and friends) did on Sunday. You are steps away from the large public balcony that is rarely used during the day. Deck 12 offers this as well.

Curiously I have never been able to secure that cabin 11329 but have stayed in 11327, 11325 and twice on deck 10 in similar cabins.

This is the sunset view as we sailed away on Oasis from 11325

10154202_10152093775886693_8078055674436601606_n.jpg

I know I am late joining this thread. I too am enjoying Chris's review tremendously. I gree with you about booking the Boardwalk balconies because of the uniqueness of their locations. I am booked on Allures' August 24th sailing and I have Stateroom 9729. As you pointed out, it is the last balcony at the end of the ship and I wanted to be on this deck to observe the activity on the Boardwalk closer and maybe watch the Aqua Show without having to jockey for seats in the theatre there. Really excited about my room.

I know I am late joining this thread. I too am enjoying Chris's review tremendously. I gree with you about booking the Boardwalk balconies because of the uniqueness of their locations. I am booked on Allures' August 24th sailing and I have Stateroom 9729. As you pointed out, it is the last balcony at the end of the ship and I wanted to be on this deck to observe the activity on the Boardwalk closer and maybe watch the Aqua Show without having to jockey for seats in the theatre there. Really excited about my room.

Good Morning ~ I am on Allure's sister ship Oasis doing a transatlantic in October and have cabin similar cabin location on the port side 9325. I have usually stayed on Boardwalk cabins a deck or two higher so should be interesting to compare the difference. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally appreciate the tremendous efforts Chris has put forth in posting live. He is taking precious time to upload photos for all of us to enjoy. I am sure you didn't mean any harm, but I don't think anyone should be critiquing his contents.

I think he just wanted to brag about what camera equipment he has. "Grunt grunt grunt"-Tim Allen

Chris, FANTASTIC Live review. Like everybody else said, Thank you! Just wanted to ask: Is there French Toast available at Windjammer, Johnny Rockets, and the Wipeout Café? And if there is, can you get 2nd or 3rd helpings? As you can guess, I LOVE French Toast!!!:D

Chris, FANTASTIC Live review. Like everybody else said, Thank you! Just wanted to ask: Is there French Toast available at Windjammer, Johnny Rockets, and the Wipeout Café? And if there is, can you get 2nd or 3rd helpings? As you can guess, I LOVE French Toast!!!:D

They did have it at Johnny Rockets and I imagine they would have it at the Windjammer since that's the buffet. Can't answer the second part as I never went to the Windjammer or Wipeout and never ordered it at JR's

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Now that is interesting as I do also....but Johnny's and Windjammer's toast was soggy and limp. I bake my French Toast...I like the edges all crispy....and I only put confectioners sugar on it, no syrup. That's the way my Mom did it. More French. I ask them for it but you have to say "Baker's sugar or Icing sugar" they don't understand "Powdered sugar".

I hesitate to bring my own baggie full....:D

We enjoyed 11729 but when we go again we'll do the oceanview. I was all bummed about the glass balcony. It was never clean, too much salt creep and even though I asked, they never came to clean it. I tried with a towel, but ya can't get down the glass far enough. I never had a clear view of anything!:mad: The noise bothered us a tad also cuz we retire early. So my next booking will be still outside the secret balcony, but maybe cabin 11728 across the hall.

Now that is interesting as I do also....but Johnny's and Windjammer's toast was soggy and limp. I bake my French Toast...I like the edges all crispy....and I only put confectioners sugar on it, no syrup. That's the way my Mom did it. More French. I ask them for it but you have to say "Baker's sugar or Icing sugar" they don't understand "Powdered sugar".

I hesitate to bring my own baggie full....:D

We enjoyed 11729 but when we go again we'll do the oceanview. I was all bummed about the glass balcony. It was never clean, too much salt creep and even though I asked, they never came to clean it. I tried with a towel, but ya can't get down the glass far enough. I never had a clear view of anything!:mad: The noise bothered us a tad also cuz we retire early. So my next booking will be still outside the secret balcony, but maybe cabin 11728 across the hall.

Uh-oh! I guess I can expect more noise then since I'm 2 decks lower than you were. Hopefully, a closed balcony door will make it bearable. Maybe bring glass wipes too. And rope to tether myself and climb out there to clean the outside glass wall! :eek:

• 10 months later...

Well, I'm kind of late to the party....:D

Started your LIVE on Quantum, and liked it, and since I've seen you've done the Allure, got here and read it all :)

I know a trip report is soooo time consuming, and I want to thank you for taking the precious time in your vacation, it was entertaining, helpful and interesting.

I wish u many more enjoyable cruises, Dani[ela]