Upgrade on Coral E206

CDay

I had an inside cabin on the Baja deck for my upcoming AK cruise. Princess upgraded me to E206. I was wondering if anyone had some input on this cabin. It looks a bit bigger than the standard OV because it is next to balconies.

Princess also offered me an upsell to a balcony for $99/pp, but since I am traveling alone it would be $198. I don't think a balcony in May is that important. I decided to decline that since I am already paying double for the cruise. Princess would not tell me the location of the balcony ahead of time.

Just wondering if I should keep E206 or go back into the pool. :confused:

I had an inside cabin on the Baja deck for my upcoming AK cruise. Princess upgraded me to E206. I was wondering if anyone had some input on this cabin. It looks a bit bigger than the standard OV because it is next to balconies.

Princess also offered me an upsell to a balcony for $99/pp, but since I am traveling alone it would be $198. I don't think a balcony in May is that important. I decided to decline that since I am already paying double for the cruise. Princess would not tell me the location of the balcony ahead of time.

Just wondering if I should keep E206 or go back into the pool. :confused:

I would stay with the OV.

We use our balcony for hours in Alaska, but the Coral has lots of great deck viewing areas.

I have sailed Coral twice -- never in a forward OV, but I have a pretty good idea of how she sails. Alaska tends to be pretty calm, so the forward location is not a big problem. You are directly over the stage of the Princess Theater, so you may have some noise issues if you are early-to-bed or (like me) like to sleep in [rehearsals].

Emerald is a great location for the scenic viewing: one deck up for the first forward balcony, one deck down to the Promenade deck. You won't miss the balcony.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Thanks for the replys so far. I was wondering if anyone had some specific information about cabin E206 or the other O6 OV's. It looks like they are larger than the regular OV cabin and on the picture it states "your premium OV stateroom and layout will differ from what is shown here."

I was a little worried about noise from the theatre as Jazzbeau mentioned, but I am usually up and out early. I will just try to go to the last show of the evening and then I can avoid theatre noise when going to bed. ;)

Thanks for the replys so far. I was wondering if anyone had some specific information about cabin E206 or the other O6 OV's. It looks like they are larger than the regular OV cabin and on the picture it states "your premium OV stateroom and layout will differ from what is shown here."

I was a little worried about noise from the theatre as Jazzbeau mentioned, but I am usually up and out early. I will just try to go to the last show of the evening and then I can avoid theatre noise when going to bed. ;)

This is a no brainer. Stop pondering. Light is better than constant darkness. Enjoy!