New Restaurant On Island Escape

Oh-But-Is-It

I seem to think that I have read somewhere that the IE has created another restaurant ............. I was curious , Is it another regular buffet, or an a la carte ............. is it a book and pay option,,, and if so has the original a la carte restaurant which you paid for been removed ???

Thanking you in advance for your info :)

I seem to think that I have read somewhere that the IE has created another restaurant ............. I was curious , Is it another regular buffet, or an a la carte ............. is it a book and pay option,,, and if so has the original a la carte restaurant which you paid for been removed ???

Thanking you in advance for your info :)

Are you thinking about the Black Rock Grill. It was set up, I believe, by the Beachcomber Restaurant but you checked availability during the day at the entrance of the Island Restaurant. From what I understood it was a grill the food yourself kind of thing but the people we talked to briefly about it seemed to have really enjoyed it. I believe they had had lobster, I'm not sure what other food you could have and I'm not sure how much it costs, although, I seem to remember seeing around £15.

Perhaps next time we will try it.

Mollythedolly

Edited by Mollythedolly

It's in the space that has a few tables on the left hand side of the entrance to the Beachcomber. They put curtains up across the length of it for the evening and black tablecloths with white napkins etc. We didn't try it as it's a bit of a thoroughfare. The food smelt ok though as it wafted up onto the deck above. The trouble with the IE is that there is no spare space to improve facilities, such as the library, although they could reorganize the internet and games rooms to make it a bit more restaurant like. The Oasis restaurant is still there but this one looks a lot less stuffy.:)

Jan

Thank you to all for your information, initially sounds quiet interesting, however to be positioned near the regular buffet (I think I know where you mean the noisy busy entrance near the toilets :( ) behind some curtains :confused:

............. I don't think id be tempted, dosn't sound like theirs much in the way of ambience :( !!!!! But I will have a good 'nose' when I board in June :)

It might be moved before then ;)

A clue? does anybody ever use the internet room :rolleyes:

Just me on the night before we left trying to connect for the tickets. Apparently they turn the internet off before departure day. Total waste of my time, I thought there was a fault.:eek:

Jan

RR the font of all knowledge - if the internet room is going, have they made a wi-fi area? 24/6 can't come soon enough before we get on board. Anyone else going then, please say hi. M &J

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We noticed a couple of laptops in the library/coffee shop area so perhaps that is the plan....in two weeks on board we only saw one person in Internet room, so it is underused.. We always found free wifi ashore.:)

Sent from my C5303 using Forums mobile app

JW, font of all knowledge, (RR your sacked lol) cheers for update. We are just waiting for some important new when we are away. Like you say, we will find a hot spot a shore. Ty for reply. M &J

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jenny is right, there are computer screens in the library (ha, ha) but expect to stand up and a waiter will always be snooping over your shoulder, as they do. Go to MacDonalds in Palma and the Porto Pi shopping centre for free wifi. Always follow the crew for the best places in any port.:)

Jan

I would follow Mary and Dannie anywhere :D

This sounds vaguely disturbing.:eek: There's a name for men like you who follow women around. Where do you live again?:D:;)

Jan