Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of the Week by djgravity, mld685, suebaker, Liat & buffygirl!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Glory Carnival Glory, March 30, 2014 by djgravity

Where do I start? We'll break this down into a few key details. The ship, The staff, Entertainment, Cabin & Stewards & The Food. Our cruise was busy but not sold out so our experience may be very different depending on what time of the year that you cruise. THE SHIP: Our last cruise was on the Freedom so the conquest class was very familiar to us. When you walk onto the ship you enter the grand atrium as always. We did not really spend much time there but it was beautiful as always and was pretty active. There was a very diverse selection of entertainment and many times I saw people hanging over the rail from 6 decks above watching what was happening downstairs, I was guilty as well. Continue reading... Carnival Glory, March 30, 2014

Celebrity Reflection The hits, the misses and a few tips. :) by mld685

San Juan, St. Thomas, St Maarten Aqua Class cabin 1576 and 1574 Ages range from mid 30's - early 40's We got to the pier 10:45 and we were on ship by 11:15. Check-in was a breeze. One of the Aqua Class perks is priority embarkation, so after check-in we went to a little waiting area until we were able to board. Once on board and received our welcome aboard mimosa, we checked out the ship. It was everything you would expect from Celebrity, it was beautiful, modern and pristine. We enjoyed our week on board, here are some of the things we felt were hits, misses and a few random thoughts. Hope you find them helpful. Continue reading... The hits, the misses and a few tips. :)

Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean on Allure, handicap/disabled cabin 12166 by suebaker

We flew in from UK on the Thursday to Orlando (cheaper flights), then drove to Fort Lauderdale where we stayed with friends for 2 nights until embarkation on the Sunday. Embarkation was very slick, no issues at all. (However, a quick note here, Virgin Atlantic managed to LOSE the battery to my mobility scooter, causing me huge problems, they claim to be still looking for it, four weeks later)! We were four people, myself, my adult daughter, and two young granddaughters aged 8 and 5. The cabin was great, a better size than I'd expected, with a double bed, a single pull out sofa bed, and a bunk that came down from the ceiling. Nice to have a balcony although we never actually used it apart from looking out each morning to see if we'd docked! Continue reading... Eastern Caribbean on Allure, handicap/disabled cabin 12166

Statendam A unique itinerary by Liat

Why This Cruise? The principal appeal of this cruise was the itinerary. Except for Cabo San Lucas, we had never visited any of the ports of call offered. We had sailed on Veendam, Zaandam and Eurodam among our 32 prior cruises, and thought that Holland America provided a decent, if not exciting, on board experience. The previously unknown ports were Huatulco and Puerto Chiapas, Mexico; Fuerto Amador, Panama; Salaverry/Trujillo, Peru and Lima, Peru. So we boarded at San Diego on March 16, and were on our way. Continue reading... A unique itinerary

Norwegian Gem Wonderful cruise on a Gem of a ship!! by buffygirl

Embarkation on 4/5/14-out of New York was a breeze! Lines moved quickly and check in was easy. Me and my pal Mauricio located our cabin and quickly made our way to the very nice Garden Cafe Buffet. I was in HEAVEN!! It was a lush garden of FOOD!!! LOL. The Buffet offered a variety of food-asian,indian,american, grilled foods-hamburgers, hot dogs, assorted pastries, assorted icecream-( butter pecan, chocolate, vanilla ) and SPRINKLES!! My previous cruise with another cruise line didnt offer sprinkles & I was sorely disappointed. Continue reading... Wonderful cruise on a Gem of a ship!!

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin

Sign in to follow this