Comparing breakaway haven suites

I am booked in an H7 penthouse suite on the BA and I want to know why someone would pick the penthouse courtyard suite rather than the forward facing penthouse suite. Seems to me the FF suite has a separate bedroom the courtyard does not the FF suite has a separate shower and tub the courtyard does not. it actually looks like the courtyard PH people might have a problem stepping I and out of the tub/shower. The FF cabin looks larger mainly because there is a separate bedroom with a window that obviously the courtyard cabin doesn't have. And to boot the courtyard is more expensive than the FF suites.

You bring up some very good points. I am booked in a forward penthouse on Getaway. When I booked the Haven penthouse was more expensive and I could not understand why other than it being in the Haven. The Haven penthouse looks like a standard balcony cabin with some nicer touches and a bit more room. The forward penthouse is quite larger and has a separate bedroom and much larger bathroom.

But boy have things changed for my cruise. My category has went up in price $600 and is now more expensive than the Haven penthouse.

But other sailings the Haven penthouse is more expensive. The forward penthouse seems to get more bang for the buck IMHO. Big deal, I will take the elevator 3 floors to the Haven.

You bring up some very good points. I am booked in a forward penthouse on Getaway. When I booked the Haven penthouse was more expensive and I could not understand why other than it being in the Haven. The Haven penthouse looks like a standard balcony cabin with some nicer touches and a bit more room. The forward penthouse is quite larger and has a separate bedroom and much larger bathroom.

But boy have things changed for my cruise. My category has went up in price $600 and is now more expensive than the Haven penthouse.

But other sailings the Haven penthouse is more expensive. The forward penthouse seems to get more bang for the buck IMHO. Big deal, I will take the elevator 3 floors to the Haven.

That's what I figured the only thing the courtyard PH has is that it's in the courtyard. My money's on the FF suite definitely more bang for the buck. I just don't know how they justify that the courtyard penthouse is more expensive doesn't make sense.

On our Getaway cruise (Sister ship, sorry not directly breakaway but I think they are the same) the FF is much more expensive than our courtyard penthouse (like 1000 to 1500 total for the 3 of us).

Also, I noticed no floor plan or good pictures on NCL of the FF so I didn't know if it was worth the extra $ even if I had it. If it has an extra room or bath, and prices come down I would consider upgrading. Do you all have floor plans? Good big front balcony or a side one or both?

If I was not going to be in the Haven ( it does have some advantages including a bar steps from your room) I would and did book a H6 aft. Separate bedroom and the smallest balcony is at least 2X the largest H7 hulled balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

If I was not going to be in the Haven ( it does have some advantages including a bar steps from your room) I would and did book a H6 aft. Separate bedroom and the smallest balcony is at least 2X the largest H7 hulled balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

The only hulled balcony is on deck 13 I'm on deck 11. The H6 is much more expensive

On our Getaway cruise (Sister ship, sorry not directly breakaway but I think they are the same) the FF is much more expensive than our courtyard penthouse (like 1000 to 1500 total for the 3 of us).

Also, I noticed no floor plan or good pictures on NCL of the FF so I didn't know if it was worth the extra $ even if I had it. If it has an extra room or bath, and prices come down I would consider upgrading. Do you all have floor plans? Good big front balcony or a side one or both?

Look on YouTube.

I got to see the forward facing penthouse on the Breakaway last summer because my brother stayed in it. I and several others were in the DOS with adjoining PH on deck 16. I honestly liked the forward PH almost better than the DOS for two or even three people. It has a great layout, with tons of storage, and lots of light. The PH suite is a bit bigger than some non suite rooms, and very comfortable, but the FF penthouse is really much nicer in my view. If I ever sail on the BA again (or the GA) I'm going for the FF penthouse hands down! Unless...of course...I go aft, which I've never sailed! :)

They aren't in the Haven. They are smack in the middle (well, not middle) of the regular cabins. No key card access, etc. I guess it's personal preference, but I'd rather be in the Haven (unless the balcony was bigger. The balconies in the Haven are horribly small).

Edited by SissasMomE

Are these the same suites that NCL was saying had balconies, but they really don't? Or am I thinking of a different category?

Are these the same suites that NCL was saying had balconies, but they really don't? Or am I thinking of a different category?

FF penthouse suite on deck 13 has a hull balcony. The other decks have regular balconies

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've done the FF & the aft. Loved the large balcony in the aft but they have too much furniture in the suite. The FF was the best, loved the bathroom with the bench in the shower.I use a scooter and the hallways are very narrow. We had a terrible time getting places from the front, & the rear. We decided on the Escape to book the courtyard. I've been in a 2 bdrm, I know this will be smaller, but it will be much easier getting around the ship from there. :)

Pat

Yes and no ;)

I believe the controversy was people thought it was a forward balcony. The balcony is standard size off the living room BUT on the side of the ship. The porthole in the bedroom looks forward. These are in the front corner of the ship so it sort of is weird but check out this video I found. They are much less expensive than the aft penthouses. You pay about $1000 more for that huge (aft) balcony.

Forward penthouse

Edited by david_sobe