Confused latitudes # email

Ok totally confused now. I just got an email from NCL as follows....

We recently noticed you had multiple accounts on file with us. No worries. We’ve merged them into one account and captured all your cruise history in one convenient place.

Your current Latitudes number/Client ID: xxxxxxxxx )I Xed out the number

Use it every time you book a cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line, and we’ll be sure to record your loyalty. In the meantime, simply register or log into ncl.com/myncl to review your account information. If you have any further questions, call us toll-free at 800-327-7030.

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line!

The confusion is I have only taken One cruise with NCL and the latitudes # I had is the one from my cruise in March. The new number they gave me I have never seen before. What could this be? And does it matter? Will it effect my CAS history from my last cruise?

Edited by GeriC

it happens every now and then. NCL system is can be horrible at times. What could of happen is that you created a NCL account before the cruise giving you a number and then after the cruise NCL automatically enrolled you in the program with a new number

Did you happen to sign up for the HSN promo? I received the same email & it was because of this promo. I also had only taken one previous NCL cruise but my account all looks fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just actually signed up for that this week. Why it affects my latitudes number I have no clue. Hmmmm

I have lost track of the number of times our Latitudes number has been changed. They are aware that this happens with every HSN promotion. If a new number is auto generated, you would think they could just figure out how to avoid that, OR make an internal adjustment back to the original number, not have to send out any e mails, and we would be none the wiser.

Edited by punkincc