Free Speciality Dinning

theslaz

Sailing on a Alaskan cruise May 13 via the Pacific Princess from Vancouver. Just reading some of the fine print and I'm a bit confused with the information on "For Free: T&C's - Free Specialty Dining and Reduced Deposit" It basically states that Princess will make on your behave a reservation for a complimentary dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant. One offer per stateroom. That I understand. The last line of the information states " Reduced deposit of $100.00 per person applies to all passengers in the stateroom" That I do not understand. Actually, I do understand. They want $100.00 per person in the stateroom. What I don't understand is; for what is this deposit??

Sailing on a Alaskan cruise May 13 via the Pacific Princess from Vancouver. Just reading some of the fine print and I'm a bit confused with the information on "For Free: T&C's - Free Specialty Dining and Reduced Deposit" It basically states that Princess will make on your behave a reservation for a complimentary dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant. One offer per stateroom. That I understand. The last line of the information states " Reduced deposit of $100.00 per person applies to all passengers in the stateroom" That I do not understand. Actually, I do understand. They want $100.00 per person in the stateroom. What I don't understand is; for what is this deposit??

We have the same deal. That is a deposit of only $100 per person when you book, rather than the normal higher deposit of $??? My first time on Princess so I don't know what the normal deposit is, except that it is more.

The deposit was for the cruise booking. Since you are sailing so soon you will have already paid for the cruise in full and the dinner may not be part of your package. Ask your Travel Agent or if you booked with Princess.....ask them to clarify. Some enticements like what you read are for new bookings only.....ask if this applies to your booking or not.

Thanks. Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. I thought I would get a email notifying me of any response. And yes; I do have the instant reply via email checked.

Now I know about the $100.00 deposit. Now I question the complimentary meal. The reason I ask; and the reason I even looked at this; is because we want to book several meals at a speciality restaurant. Should we book before we board ( as in right now ) or is it safe to wait until we are on the ship?

You can't book specialty restaurants until you board. If you call the "Dine Line" to make a reservation and they are closed, you can go directly to that restaurant and make the reservations in person ( assuming the restaurant is open).

Now I question the complimentary meal....Should we book before we board ( as in right now )...?

From the way I understand your question you booked a promo that provides 1 complimentary dinner per person in a specialty restaurant, which is either the Sterling Steakhouse or Sabatini's (Italian). The fine print states that the matrie'd wil assign you a day and time. Once on board, either visit the the main dining room which should be open for questions during the afternoon on boarding day, or call the DINE line to make your reservations. You can not make specialty reservations in advance on Princess. I believe that on the Pacific Princess the two specialty restaurants are open on alternate evenings, not at the same time.

The fine print states that the matrie'd wil assign you a day and time. Once on board, either visit the the main dining room which should be open for questions during the afternoon on boarding day, or call the DINE line to make your reservations. You can not make specialty reservations in advance on Princess.

For this promotion, Princess makes the reservation for you and does this before you board the ship. It is done this way because so many passengers will have the promotion it would be difficult on board to start making the reservations.

You may or may not like the restaurant picked for you, the evening picked for you, or the time picked for you (or even all three). You might or might not be able once on board to change the reservation Princess made for you for another restaurant/day/time.

Edited by caribill

I just disembarked from the Emerald's transatlantic crossing yesterday and we had a promotion featuring the free specialty dinner, as did all of our tablemates at our table in the traditional dining room.

We were given a reservation in the Crown Grill, which is what I was hoping for as I had not tried that in the past. It was fantastic, and we both felt it was worth paying the $25 cover charge to eat there again in the future (and I am a cheapskate who does not believe in paying extra for food onboard when I am happy with the dining room food).

One of our tablemates got the day mixed up on his reservation and realized that they had missed their assigned day and time. He was able to speak to the maitre'd and was given a new reservation so they were able to take advantage of the promotion.

And BTW, I was given the $50 OBC for this promotion right away on my stateroom folio, so if we had not used the reservation I would have had the $50 applied to my general onboard charges.

From what I have been able to understand (as I have the $100 for restaurants as well) the dinner is $25 per person so you will have $50 left to spend at the dinner. Also, when you get into your room there will be a card with you confirmed reservation for a specialty restaurant. I do understand you can request a change but they may try to deny you but be firm and requested to speak to manager if required.

From what I have been able to understand (as I have the $100 for restaurants as well) the dinner is $25 per person so you will have $50 left to spend at the dinner. Also, when you get into your room there will be a card with you confirmed reservation for a specialty restaurant. I do understand you can request a change but they may try to deny you but be firm and requested to speak to manager if required.

My original information is incorrect. You do not have $100 for the dinner, the dinner is covered but any drinks you have to pay (at least this is what I understand.

Where does this $100 credit come from?

Where does this $100 credit come from?

IF it is the same deal I got (big IF), I got a free specialty dinner AND and $100 excursion credit.

The $100 credit shows on my account already, we are suppose to get the dinner info on board.

IF it is the same deal I got (big IF), I got a free specialty dinner AND and $100 excursion credit.

The $100 credit shows on my account already, we are suppose to get the dinner info on board.

Ok, I saw the posts for the extra $50 from dinner and I was wondering. :confused:

We just returned from a 25 day cruise on the Sapphire Princess to Asia and had booked a 3 for 1 cruise that included the Specialty dining for 2. There was some mixup, because our travel agent had gifted us dinner for 2 also. Finally settled, we received letters in the state room indicating we had the 4 dinners, but we were given two $50 credits to be used anyway we wanted. We ate in Sabatinis on night, but it was very disappointing. Bland baked whole fish and two very small lobsters that were tough. We did not book another Specialty dinner and used the credit for other charges.