Muuga, Tallinn - how to get into town?

MrsBear52

We are on Celebrity Constellation, out of Amsterdam on 21 May. Just noted we are scheduled to dock at Muuga terminal. Will Celebrity run a shuttle service into town? How far is it, etc?

I understand that its meters to the town.

Check out the port section where this thread will get moved to.....

To quote:

Where You're Docked

Cruise ships dock at the commercial port, which is a 15- to 20-minute walk on flat pavement to the heart of Old Town. The cruise season lasts from mid-May to mid-September, with roughly 300 visits a year by cruise ships. As of 2013, a new pier is under construction that will accommodate the industry's largest ships -- and even more tourists. There is also a movement afoot to develop a Christmas markets season for cruise passengers, which would extend the cruise season from late November to the middle of January.

Also

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/ports/newport.cfm?ID=87

Edited by SWORRUB1
Further info added

Are you sure it is going in to Muuga. Our cruise was listed by Celebrity as going in to Muuga too but when I contacted Tallinn Tourist Information office I was assured that no cruise ships are docked there. They are always docked in the town centre. Hope they are right as Muuga is 17km east of Tallinn. Celebrity do put on a shuttle bus, even when docked in the centre as it is still a good walk to old town if you are not a good walker.

When we stopped in Tallinn a few years back we were within a 10-15 minute walk of the town. I suspect Celebrity lists Muuga in case there is no room at Tallinn on a specific cruise.

Should Celebrity dock at Muuga (which I'm guessing is unlikely) you can be sure there will be a bus/shuttle of some type as well as numerous taxis.

Enjoy your cruise, we are on the same sailing in August.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. I thought it unlikely they would dock at Muuga but wanted to check as my walking is limited due to a knee condition. Fingers crossed we dock at the harbour!