Excursion for Dad and 3 year old son.

Gaprofitt

Hi All,

Going on the Breeze for 8 day eastern carribean at the end of the month with my little guy and some family. I was looking for an excursion for little man in St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan or Grand Turk. I was looking at the train in St. Kitts. It's 8:30 AM until 11:30 AM. Think it's too much for little man?

Thanks

Hi All,

Going on the Breeze for 8 day eastern carribean at the end of the month with my little guy and some family. I was looking for an excursion for little man in St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan or Grand Turk. I was looking at the train in St. Kitts. It's 8:30 AM until 11:30 AM. Think it's too much for little man?

Thanks

In st Maarten you can take a dab to Le Gallion. It is a nice beach that locals take their families too. Very relaxing and the water is not rough. Headed back for the 2nd time in November. It's just before orient beach.

Hi All,

Thanks

I think that would be cool. I have four 3 year old grandchildren...2 are boys and they would love it. Question is.. will it be too long for you.. lol. You will need to keep him entertained with the things that are going on, point things out on the train itself as well as what's going on outside. If not, he will loose interest and want to run around. Also, bring some hand toys to entertain,just in case. Have a great cruise! :D

The only ones I can comment on are San Juan and Grand Turk. San Juan is a tough one. We went when our son was 14 months and 3. First time we walked around on our own with him in the stroller and didn't get a lot out of it. Last time we did the walking tour with the forts and it was great. Lasted a bit long, but was very informative. Our sonwas mostly in the stroller, but liked the forts and the sights.

For Grand Turk, the beach is right there at Margaritaville. We rent a cabana, but if you don't do that it's free and you have access to the beach with loungers and pool. Easiest port in my opinion for a little one and a lot of fun.

I would recommend walking down to Jacks Shack in Grand Turks. It's right on the beach and there are chairs available. You can get a drink and the beach is awesome. There is also Topher a local dog that everyone knows. He's great with kids.

We took our 6&7 year old last year and they loved it. Less crowded than Margaritaville. We even met up with some other families from the ship.