Is this right ?

Thomson pay out compensation to a couple who thought it would be ok to roam the decks with a fag in mouth as they felt OK as it was the partner who was ill :confused:

Wait until you see the pay- out ... (Don't look Linda:rolleyes:££££ You could buy some well cooked fish with that! ;))

Read this LINK :eek:

Edited by kalos

Cheeky Monkey kalos :rolleyes::D

Already had a discussion on fb about this, but things can get a bit heated on there when noro is mentioned :eek: I did mention the undercooked fish, but some people will not have it that food poisoning is Thomson's fault and Noro is OURS :D:D

Anyway I promised a while back not to mention THAT cruise any more. 12 months have passed, so consigned to the dustbin of history ;)

Cheeky Monkey kalos :rolleyes::D

I know ;)

If true, surely being locked in their cabin was a fundamental breach of health and safety rules ?

That's why I chose the title "is this right"

Same time and ship as Linda, the wife took ill and we were both told we were confined to the cabin and she was given an injection just in case it was Noro ..Thankfully it was not,

as a few hours later she was fine again . We were informed our cards had been stopped so we could not use the bars or leave the ship.

At no time was we locked into our cabin. Next morning we were told cards were in use again .

We also found out some who had Noro were walking around the ship regardless of being told to stay in their cabins :eek:.

I think the paper may be guilty of spicing the story up as as far as I know we on here have never had anyone say the were actually locked in a cabin

The amount of times of the TA we saw people - both ken and women coming out of the toilets and not washing their hands never mind sanitising them! Disgusting!

I know ,we have seen it ourselves even some crew members were guilty of this:mad: .

Edited by kalos

:)

The amount of times of the TA we saw people - both ken and women coming out of the toilets and not washing their hands never mind sanitising them! Disgusting!

Me_Ken_sarah.jpg

"I think the paper may be guilty of spicing the story up"

The Daily Mail ?

I would never believe that.

Just ask J.K.Rowling, Elton John, Alan Sugar and Diana Rigg for confirmation !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan
info update

think the paper may be guilty of spicing the story up as as far as I know we on here have never had anyone say the were actually locked in a cabin

Totally made up I would say.

My friend went down with Norovirus on a cruise we did 3 years ago. After contacting the doctor we were both confined to cabin even though I had no symptoms at all.

Shortly after I was given the full dinner menu from the main dining room and could choose what I wanted. Also asked to order breakfast for the following morning - again from the main menu. Cabin stewards brought it up to us and told me just to ask for anything we needed.

My friend did not want any dinner - she had a more limited menu to choose from which was suitable for those who had been ill. She chose a simple breakfast.

My friend slept most of that evening and night whilst I watched TV for a bit but settled down early as I was tired from being up during the night with my friend.

Following morning after breakfast we contacted the doctor who checked the last time my friend had been sick etc. As it was longer than 36 hours we were both told we could resume normal activities.

At no time was our cabin door locked and at no time was it just crackers and cheese!