Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Reviews of the Week by mtmnj221, 1313steve, shaheen6, RatherBeSailing & Shayna20!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Liberty Excellent Cruise on the Liberty - Eastern Caribbean a favorite! by mtmnj221

This is a long review, so grab a cup of coffee and enjoy. We are a family with 3 kids ages, 15-12-8. We really enjoy cruising Carnival not only because the price point allows us to afford to go on a 7 day cruise, but we can get two balcony connecting rooms and we’re almost guaranteed there are a lot of other families with kids which makes it nice for our kids to make friends and have a better cruise experience. It’s the best vacation for us and the difference in our kids ages. There’s always something to do, no arguments about where to eat and what to do. And the activities for the kids at night actually give us parents flexibility to do what we want to do for just a few hours. Continue reading... Excellent Cruise on the Liberty - Eastern Caribbean a favorite!

Celebrity Reflection A very enjoyable week on the Reflection by 1313steve

About us We’re mid 50’s, have cruised several times before, and I’d consider us experienced travelers. We also enjoy great food and service and have been fortunate to eat in some of our nation’s finest restaurants and stay in some really great hotels. We shy away from most chain restaurants in favor of smaller, local places to dine. Our kids are either grown or about to finish high school. A typical hotel stay for us would be at a Marriott or Hyatt, but we've stayed in several of the best 5 star hotels as well. Our décor tastes lean more toward the clean contemporary style and not towards older furniture or antiques. Continue reading... A very enjoyable week on the Reflection

Norwegian Epic My (VERY LONG) Epic Rave Review by shaheen6

When I was researching and preparing for our trip, I pored over CruiseCritic for hours and hours, and searched by topics – and I don’t believe there was a review I didn’t read multiple times – both good and bad. I kept a running list of “secrets” and “Must do’s” – and printed everything and brought it with me – including the slot play coupon. I would love to pass that love along to all of you – and share with you our “Epic Adventure”! (Until this point, we had been LOYAL Royal Caribbean cruisers – we love everything about Royal Caribbean, and we took the Carnival Dream when it was brand new about 3 years ago and HATED it). Our traveling companions had never cruised before, and since I planned the whole thing, I was praying that they would love it! Special shout out to Ismay and Alan for posting so much fun and anticipation on the Roll Calls – such wonderful people! Thank you to EVERYONE on Cruise Critic who helped me prepare with your reviews – both good and bad. Continue reading... My (VERY LONG) Epic Rave Review

Carnival Sensation Kansas Concert Cruise by RatherBeSailing

Overall, this was a great cruise. With a diamond status on RCCL, I haven’t been on a Carnival cruise in nearly 14 years, but was looking for something “New”. I stumbled across their Carnival Live concert series entirely by accident. Being a huge Kansas fan, I decided to give them another try. My expectations were low, but was genuinely impressed. For those who haven’t heard of the Carnival Live Concert series, heres a quick rundown. Carnival has booked a dozen or so major acts to perform a live concert in the ship’s main theater. They extend the stay in port long enough to allow the band time to do a night show after the second seating dining and get off the ship to do another show the next night on a different ship. The Sensation was scheduled to stay in Nassau until 1 A.M. They seem to have targeted the 3-5 day cruises, which makes it economical for those who are primarily interested in the band and not the ports of call. They offer a VIP price that included a photo with the band, autographed pictures, first 3 row seating. Normal tickets aren’t bad for the concert which ran $20, and VIP ran $100, but these prices vary with the band. After seeing this band many times in large arenas in the many years past, it was quite nice to be able to see them in a more intimate environment of the fantasy class ship theater. The show is a one set show, about 90 minutes long, and Kansas proved they can still rock a boat after 40 years! I’ve booked the Chicago cruise out of Tampa for the end of May. Continue reading... Kansas Concert Cruise

Caribbean Princess Princess: still phenomenal! by Shayna20

We flew from Oakland to Houston Hobby on Friday, April 18th and took the free shuttle to the Marriott. Hotel and room very nice. Our shuttle driver helped us make taxi arrangements to the port for the next morning. We traveled with two other couples, so there were six of us. We had to use two cabs with all the luggage. Bayport Embarkation: This was very smooth and efficient. We are Platinum so very little wait. I think we were on the ship by 12:15. We dropped off our carry-on luggage in our cabin and went to the International Café for lunch. This was so much less crowded than the buffet usually is at that time. We relaxed and just soaked it all in. Continue reading... Princess: still phenomenal!

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin

Sign in to follow this