Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

How exactly does it work? "...ready to receive Oasis 3 blocks for Painting" ?

I think that the structure is lowered over a Oasis 3 block. You can see it on the ground in some photos and videos (the new piece in post above?).

At Meyer Werft they appear to attach white protective covering over scaffolding(?).

Edited by Lloyd555

I think that the structure is lowered over a Oasis 3 block. You can see it on the ground in some photos and videos (the new piece in post above?).

At Meyer Werft they appear to attach white protective covering over scaffolding(?).

Thanks. I think I see what you are talking about in one of the photos above (#3 of the set of 4).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I hope they don't use Passion of the Seas or Pulse of the Seas. I would feel terrible about referring to a RCI ship in forum shorthand as POS! :eek::p

Eric

Thank you for the laugh of the day. :-) I'm watching the info on this ship with great interest. Not interested in Quantum, but I'm excited about another Oasis class ship.

Thanks for sharing your great info (as always) on Oasis 3 - you seem to provide the best photos and information as these builds take place, and for that we are appreciative.

By the looks of things...this build is moving along well, and at a brisk pace much like Anthem.

Despite all they hoopla surrounding the Quantum ships...and after the shifting of locations for those vessels...many people are now focussing their attention on Oasis 3 as the newest flagship of the fleet.

We'll all continue to watch how this fine ship comes together.

Despite all they hoopla surrounding the Quantum ships...and after the shifting of locations for those vessels...many people are now focussing their attention on Oasis 3 as the newest flagship of the fleet.

But as soon as the Anthem floats out, the attention is likely to turn to the other O, the Ovation.

But as soon as the Anthem floats out, the attention is likely to turn to the other O, the Ovation.

For some people perhaps yes...

...but history has proven that a lot of people follow the Oasis class happenings, and with Oasis 3 being "somewhat different"...it'll likely have a loyal and significant following during the build and launch process.

It would be great if they could. I have seen posts saying it cannot make it under the Verrazano and others that say it can. On the internet I found details that said

" All ships at sea are built to pass under three major gateway bridges: the Golden Gate in San Francisco, which has a clearance of 220 feet; the Verrazano in New York, with a clearance of 228 feet; and the Store Belt west of Copenhagen, which has a clearance of 213 feet."

Of course that would mean that they would have to retract the funnels and run at full speed which I have heard actually drops the ship deeper into the water. Not sure if that would be acceptable in a harbor as busy as New York/New Jersey.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to this ongoing question?

We have no bridges here in So CA., so it's probably coming here! ;)

We have no bridges here in So CA., so it's probably coming here! ;)

The same holds true for south Florida. ;):)

Both existing Oasis class ships fit real nicely into the Port Everglades harbor, as well as the specially-constructed large terminal facility there too.

We'll see if one of them gets ported elsewhere to open things up for Oasis 3.