Stanley Cup Finals on Oasis?

I was on oasis last week. All the men were glued to the tvs in the globe and atlas and the karaoke bar. Football drafts. Lots of canadians also for the hockey stuff too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So yes....I'm a hockey head. The Stanley Cup Finals will most likely be happening while we are aboard the Oasis June 7-14th sailing. What bar is our best bet for being able to watch a game while on board? :D

In addition to bars, it might be on the screens in the cantilevered hot tubs.

In addition to bars, it might be on the screens in the cantilevered hot tubs.

Yes but think I have heard and read along these threads that they only get espn am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes but think I have heard and read along these threads that they only get espn am I right?

ESPN was the only sports channel on Brilliance. The only thing that may work is that the finals switch to NBC? I don't think there was a NBC reg. Channel though, but not sure how that works for football season. I don't remember a fox or cbs channel, they must switch up during seasons. Very few channels on the ship and I assume same fleet wide.

I hope you have better luck finding the games than we did on the Legend in Asia in 2012.

I was traveling with my parents, Kings fans from the 1970s. As an 8th seed, we felt pretty safe being thousands of miles from home during the Finals - wrong!! We did get a free bottle of wine as consolation from the staff for not being able to show the games. And imagine being on an all-day bus tour from Tianjin to the Great Wall to our hotel in Beijing, with no way to find out that the Kings had finally won the Cup. Well, I guess hiking the Wall was a nice alternative :D.

I hope you have better luck finding the games than we did on the Legend in Asia in 2012.

I was traveling with my parents, Kings fans from the 1970s. As an 8th seed, we felt pretty safe being thousands of miles from home during the Finals - wrong!! We did get a free bottle of wine as consolation from the staff for not being able to show the games. And imagine being on an all-day bus tour from Tianjin to the Great Wall to our hotel in Beijing, with no way to find out that the Kings had finally won the Cup. Well, I guess hiking the Wall was a nice alternative :D.

Awful. A bottle of wine hardly makes up for it. :-) I realize the NHL isn't as popular as baseball and American football here in the states or soccer on an international level, but being it's a championship and these Caribbean voyages tend to draw many North Americans and Canadians.

It would just figure this would be the year we get there. I'm thrilled we have gotten to the Eastern Conference finals, but if they make it to the cup finals, I think we'll definitely get the unlimited internet package and I'll try to find a stream online of the games for my ipad.

• 2 weeks later...

Last June we were able to stream the Finals via IPhone and IPad when we were on the Allure. We needed to buy the Unlimited internet package to be able to watch the games. Using the iPhone and IPad, it streamed pretty good! A little choppy at times but all in all a good feed. A little pricey but definitely worth it in the long run. DH loved wearing his sweater (jersey) in the Promenade as he high-fived everyone after the win! He also was able to stream the celebration parade since we were still on the ship. We potentially will be in the same boat (no pun intended) this year if the Blackhawks beats the Kings! We are on Oasis on June 14th. Hope this helps!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Someone else just told me that said they only have a running ticker with score updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Oasis and that is all they had. They told me that they don't have the channels to show hockey only NBA MLB and NFL

Huge hockey fan here so it hurt. But there was the ticker :)

Thank you to the person who posted that they streamed the games successfully last year because.....The NY Rangers are going to the FINALS! And yes, I'll be bringing my sweater/jersey no matter how hot it is...as well as t-shirts. I'm in disbelief. And I have mixed feelings since I won't be able to watch the games at home or on a TV at a bar. Bummer, but if I can stream, I'm good with that. You KNOW I'm buying the unlimited internet package now.

Last June we were able to stream the Finals via IPhone and IPad when we were on the Allure. We needed to buy the Unlimited internet package to be able to watch the games. Using the iPhone and IPad, it streamed pretty good! A little choppy at times but all in all a good feed. A little pricey but definitely worth it in the long run. DH loved wearing his sweater (jersey) in the Promenade as he high-fived everyone after the win! He also was able to stream the celebration parade since we were still on the ship. We potentially will be in the same boat (no pun intended) this year if the Blackhawks beats the Kings! We are on Oasis on June 14th. Hope this helps!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

THIS is greatly comforting and tonight's win settles that we'll be buying the unlimited internet package. Thank you!