Classic Drink Package - Significant Cuts in what's included (Threads Merged)

ghstudio

What a deal...free drinks included in the price (pick a perk/1-2-3). True, but compare the package as currently shown on the Celebrity UK web site(you can't find it posted on the US site) to that just published here from a current Eclipse cruiser:

UK Site:

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/images/classic-beverage-package_tcm20-58906.pdf

Aboard the Eclipse:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42721387&postcount=48

Note: the UK site shows drink price with tip included at the bottom...$8 plus $1.20=$9.20.

Significant reductions in every category. Be prepared to give celebrity more $'s for that "free" drink package to cover the drinks you thought you were going to enjoy.

Note: the UK price sheet you are looking at is as of the day you look at it...it's directly from their site. The eclipse list was posted today by another user in a different thread on CC today.

Edited by ghstudio

That site doesn't list any brands...as far as I can see..it just talks about drinks under a certain price. Is there a US page that lists brands included on Celebrity's web site?

I haven't done an in-depth side-by-side comparison of the two lists but I don't see changes that will have a significant impact on my desired beverages. On the UK list, it shows an assortment of flavored Barcardi rums. On the printed list, it simply lists "Barcardi flavors". Perhaps some of the variance is because what's available from different ports of embarkation.

That site doesn't list any brands...as far as I can see..it just talks about drinks under a certain price. Is there a US page that lists brands included on Celebrity's web site?

Found this list above the labels

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Bottled Water, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Heineken, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jim Beam, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Beefeaters, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Gosling's Black Seal, Jose Cuervo, Cazadores Blanco, Milagro Silver, Disaronno Amaretto, Frangelico, Drambuie, Kahlua, Campari.

I had no luck finding a list on the UK site. It must have been a handout or something

Edited by Christine Frances

Found this list above the labels

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Bottled Water, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Heineken, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jim Beam, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Beefeaters, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Gosling's Black Seal, Jose Cuervo, Cazadores Blanco, Milagro Silver, Disaronno Amaretto, Frangelico, Drambuie, Kahlua, Campari.

I had no luck finding a list on the UK site. It must have been a handout or something

If you just click on the URL in my post, you'll find the UK list...it's a PDF file on http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk which is the celebrity UK web site.

As far as the list on the US site, that list has always been a representative list, as was the list you found in the reflection lounge (and elsewhere) on the ships, check the new list....I haven't done a detailed comparison, but looking at the current list from the ship, you can no longer get dewars, J&B Cutty Sark, Smirnoff even when you compare the on-board list to the US web site. I'm sure there are more differences, but I am a vodka/scotch drinker.....and there are a number of other brands such as Ketel 1 that were on the classic package, are on the UK list and now aren't on the classic package copied from the current ship's list.

Edited by ghstudio

Got off the Eclipse this morning - the link to the 'live from Eclipse' post is the new correct list of what is included.

Several drinks and cocktails that used to be in the 'Classic' package are no longer and have been priced up in to the 'Premium' level.

This cruise which left on the 2nd May was the first one with the new pricing levels. Took a few days for the drinks menu's to appear everywhere while they were changed over.

There was several arguments in bars from passengers who have come over on the Transatlantic and then done a B2B and found that drinks they had the day before were no longer included - we were a bit miffed as several cocktails & beers we had planned to try were priced up and no longer in our Classic package :("

If you just click on the URL in my post, you'll find the UK list...it's a PDF file on http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk which is the celebrity UK web site.

I could open the pdf file and I could open the Celebrity UK link but I can not find the pdf on the Celebrity uk website.:confused: I could not find any list of included drinks on the X uk site. Looking to see what was included in their Premium pkg. Not saying it doesn't exist lol - probably just me.

Edited by Christine Frances

I could open the pdf file and I could open the Celebrity UK link but I can not find the pdf on the Celebrity uk website.:confused: I could not find any list of included drinks on the X uk site. Looking to see what was included in their Premium pkg. Not saying it doesn't exist lol - probably just me.

Christine...you are correct. I seem to remember checking a week or so ago when the UK page first appeared on CC and the description of the classic/premium liquor packages was pointed to that page (I too thought it was just an old page...but it was still being referenced). Celebrity has changed the page now and no longer refer to the PDF document I included...although the document does still remain on the celebrity web site.

However there still is a mismatch with the information on the US web page...which I guess we've become accustom to.

Oh well...the message remains that the classic package has far fewer selections today than it had a few weeks ago....and now at least, everyone who reads this thread (or the report from the eclipse) has the new list. I have no idea if the premium package beverages are the same....I'm afraid to ask.....

Not concerned at all. If I cannot find enough to drink (looking at the most recent Eclipse offerings) then I am in real trouble!!! :D

I think this is one area where Celebrity does not deserve to be criticized. Those who want all the "high end" booze & beers are going to opt for the Premium package anyway.

Is this change of the classic package just on the Eclipse or all the ships? Just a typed sheet does not look very professional :eek:

It would matter to me if these changes are in place JUST on the Eclipse out of the UK.

Now Baileys appears on that "classic " list and folk who have just returned to the UK on the Eclipse are saying that it isn't! I am now getting confused !

ATTENTION CELEBRITY OFFICIAL!!!!!!!

We know that you monitor these boards so why dont you comment officially?

Poor very poor!:(

Can anyone post up to date price lists from each ship for drinks please. I have just read that Baileys is $10.50:eek: on the Eclipse.

Wondering if all other drinks have increased so significantly:(

Is this change of the classic package just on the Eclipse or all the ships? Just a typed sheet does not look very professional :eek:

It would matter to me if these changes are in place JUST on the Eclipse out of the UK.

I can't answer that for sure, all I can say is that I was told when I was given the list that is was for my cruise and it could change depending on which cruise you took

I will say the process was a bit of a shambles as the bar staff didn't know what was included in the list and obviously some of the tills which gave them the information had not been corrected hence the refusal of drinks on the list

Also there was not enough stock of the included beers, the kept running out

I would recommend that you check your bill daily as were were charged for drinks that we didn't have , this was a mistake that was corrected

London Pride was $10.50 and Boddingtons was $9, neither were on the classic package

I can't answer that for sure, all I can say is that I was told when I was given the list that is was for my cruise and it could change depending on which cruise you took

I will say the process was a bit of a shambles as the bar staff didn't know what was included in the list and obviously some of the tills which gave them the information had not been corrected hence the refusal of drinks on the list

Also there was not enough stock of the included beers, the kept running out

I would recommend that you check your bill daily as were were charged for drinks that we didn't have , this was a mistake that was corrected

London Pride was $10.50 and Boddingtons was $9, neither were on the classic package

It certainly does sound like a shambles! Also rather concerned about 'it could change according to which cruise'

We need official confirmation of drinks prices and what is included in each package

Edited by Jenna109

For those in the |UK trying to get onto the US X website, and any other site that redirects you to the UK site such as CC itself, (I presume the opposite will work for US citizens) CC member Nomad068 suggested the following :-

Hi

If you are using google chrome browser on a computer go to the app store and get "zenmate" this allows you to set where you are browsing from. I use it to watch American tv and I know some Americans use it to watch iplayer. Set to America and browse, it may ask if you wish to use google.com or google.co.uk use .com, turn off when you not browsing other countries sites

Damon

It works too

It certainly does sound like a shambles! Also rather concerned about 'it could change according to which cruise'

We need official confirmation of drinks prices and what is included in each package

I agree!:(

ATTENTION CELEBRITY OFFICIAL!!!!!!!

We know that you monitor these boards so why dont you comment officially?

Poor very poor!:( quote.gif

Celebrity need to make their prices and packages very clear before people cruise as this does put staff in a very difficult position. Advance information means BEFORE passengers pay for the packages - not after!

Angry passengers will cancel daily gratuities even though none go to bar staff.

Can anyone post up to date price lists from each ship for drinks please. I have just read that Baileys is $10.50:eek: on the Eclipse.

Wondering if all other drinks have increased so significantly:(

I doubt that, they are normally $6 (plus gratuity). Here is a drink calculator thread that has a spreadsheet attached. have a look and see what you think. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038767

I doubt that, they are normally $6 (plus gratuity). Here is a drink calculator thread that has a spreadsheet attached. have a look and see what you think. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038767

Baileys was 10.50 and not on the classic package, just got off Eclipse yesterday, don't know about the other ships

Another thing I think that Celebrity should have done is to put the list of drinks on the packages in the cabin, I only requested a list from guest relations after Bacardi was refused, I know of 2 people who did not get a list and accepted that they could not have it, they were happy when I showed them the list

Another thing I think that Celebrity should have done is to put the list of drinks on the packages in the cabin, I only requested a list from guest relations after Bacardi was refused, I know of 2 people who did not get a list and accepted that they could not have it, they were happy when I showed them the list

I agree - It would hopefully stop the obvious confusion on board - Strangely I ordered Bacardi from day one to day eight in a variety of bars on the May 2 Eclipse sailing and was never once refused it on the Classic Package.