Running shoes?

jjflipt

I always take a pair of running shoes that slip on, so no socks needed, and can be worn in the water as well. Very handy and as someone else has said...your feet will thank you!

Depends what you'll be doing! I'm not into the physical excursions, so I've never needed or brought athletic shoes on a cruise! Not ever.

I can walk great distances in flip-flops or sandals...dont' need "walking" shoes, unless you'll be hiking uneven terrain.

Im just taking flip flops and shoes for our formal night...

Personally, I think the shoes would look better on Formal Night. :D To climb Dunns Falls you need to rent shoes for that, or bring your own water shoes with you. You can't climb in flip flops.

Do I need running or tennis shoes?

I honestly think you should take something else. Your feet will be miserable after a week in flip flops. Why don't you wear them (shoes of choice - runners, cute ballet flats, sandals) and then you don't have to pack them in your suitcase. Are you worried about the weight?

But yes, definitely at least 4 pairs of shoes, in my opinion.

Only to the beach and dunns falls

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

You've just introduced the necessity of at least one more pair: you cannot do Dunns Falls in flip flops, and even you could use your formal night shoes for the falls, you could not then use them for formal night. For any sort of shore activity you will need some sort of comfortable sport shoe. If you are thinking of a formal night, you will need some less formal shoe for other occasions.

Whoever said four pair was thinking.

Im just taking flip flops and shoes for our formal night. Do I need running or tennis shoes?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

some shore excursions will require closed toe shoes., and depending on where you are cruising to, the terrain may make walking in flip flops troublesome at best. Split the difference and wear dressy tennis shoes to formal night and also have them for when ashore!

Depends on what activities your ship offers......

For example, the rock climbing wall and the ropes course require close toed shoes.

A rock climbing wall and ropes course on a ship. Merchant mariners of yore turning over in their graves!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A rock climbing wall and ropes course on a ship. Merchant mariners of yore turning over in their graves!

Not just them. Whatever happened to just sitting in a deck chair and reading? I'm waiting for two cruise ships sailing side by side to offer a zip line between them. "Hey! Sign up now for the Bosun's Chair Experience!"

Edited by Langoustine

Personally, I think the shoes would look better on Formal Night. :D To climb Dunns Falls you need to rent shoes for that, or bring your own water shoes with you. You can't climb in flip flops.

I honestly think you should take something else. Your feet will be miserable after a week in flip flops. Why don't you wear them (shoes of choice - runners, cute ballet flats, sandals) and then you don't have to pack them in your suitcase. Are you worried about the weight?

But yes, definitely at least 4 pairs of shoes, in my opinion.

If they are particularly comfy flip flops it could work. I walked a few miles in Nassau doing the walking tour in mine. Also walked that long way from the bus drop off to the Tulum site in them. But since the OP is doing Dunns, you have to bring one more.