Onboard Eclipse Now. Big cutback in Classic Package Inclusions!

kevinyork

Too bad that people don't read the Topic or do a search before they hijack a thread. That would be so easy.

sorry about that!! Was just curious...obviously I'm not a suite passenger!!

sorry about that!! Was just curious...obviously I'm not a suite passenger!!
No need to apologize Anita, it's just the upper 5% that occasionally get their panties all in a bunch because they possibly can't have lunch everyday in their exclusive dining facility. ;)

No need to apologize Anita, it's just the upper 5% that occasionally get their panties all in a bunch because they possibly can't have lunch everyday in their exclusive dining facility. ;)

Now, now, lets not start. Celebrity is counting on those people to keep them afloat!

I am reliably informed that a further cut has been made to the Classic Alcohol Package.

The alcohol gel at the Ocean View Cafe entrances are free for use as a hand wash. However with effect from 1/4/2015 anyone drinking the gel will be asked for their sea-pass card. If you have a Premium Alcohol Package we are delighted to announce that the Gel is included. If you have a Classic Alcohol package or less then your seapass account will be debited $7 . for your convenience a gratuity of 18% will be added.

If the ship departed from UK the charge will be $9 including Gratuity.

Guests in Suites are asked to use the dispensers in Michaels Club, Bvlgari Branded of course.

Edited by gcgold

The OP here again, I did email Host Andy asking for this thread to be closed as its a year out of date and keeps being regurgitated but nothing has happened yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OP here again, I did email Host Andy asking for this thread to be closed as its a year out of date and keeps being regurgitated but nothing has happened yet.

Further evidence of cutbacks - even in CC now [emoji32]

• 1 year later...
I am reliably informed that a further cut has been made to the Classic Alcohol Package.

The alcohol gel at the Ocean View Cafe entrances are free for use as a hand wash. However with effect from 1/4/2015 anyone drinking the gel will be asked for their sea-pass card. If you have a Premium Alcohol Package we are delighted to announce that the Gel is included. If you have a Classic Alcohol package or less then your seapass account will be debited $7 . for your convenience a gratuity of 18% will be added.

Guests in Suites are asked to use the dispensers in Michaels Club, Bvlgari Branded of course.

Love it 😂😂😂😂

• 1 month later...
But haven't most gotten it "free" as part of Pick Your Perks or 1-2-3 Go?

As with anything with the cruise lines they can and do change things at a moments notice.

Nothing is for free. When they add these perks the price of the cruise is more expensive.

I know the cruise lines, not just Celebrity are now as bad as airlines with added fees and charges. Keep in mind, its the American way and will not stop until people stop falling for it.

However, 31 pages on this site about this subject of booze packages? Come on folks. Get a life.

Not penny pinching, just was looking to get what was promised when we booked and when we made final payment. Also trying to forwarn others so they dont get the same shock we did. Im one of many 'penny pinchers' on this cruise just trying to get what we expected our cruise fare included.

As has been said, the price levels quoted in my original post and shown on the wine list menu are incl the 15% grat. If the menu says 15% will be added then its a Celebrity oversight. So the $7 limit for a beer is $6 plus 15% (seemingly rounded up to $7 as it should be $6.90......).

I see the Celebrity info being put out is contradictory. You would think introducing a big change like this would be accompanied with all staff being notified and websites being updated.

I think the phrase 'it does what it says on the tin'....springs to mind.

We are all used to buying a product subject to its description and being able to complain and be reimbursed if it doesn't....

Personally, we are unaffected by this change (we book suites, have the premium package included and do most of our drinking in Michael's Club). However, this lack of sincerity to a pre booking promise is not good....I am sure some of the perks we enjoy could be subject to change without warning and consultation too.

Either Celebrity should change their descriptions (for example stating the classic package will include at least one branded Scotch, one branded Gin...) so that guests book knowing their choices will be limited or they should provide a definitive list and stick to it.

I honestly don't see the difference, other than scale, of purchasing a car you have been told does 40mpg and then on collection being told it only does 35mpg and being told not to worry 'it is still called the same'.....an inferior rose does not smell so sweet!

Kevin, sincere best wishes for a great cruise!

I think it's funny that a gibson is on the list but not a martini - the only difference is the garnish. A gibson has pearl onions instead of the martini's olives. While you might not be able to get a martini on the classic package at the martini bar, you could always get one at any other bar.

I think it's funny that a gibson is on the list but not a martini - the only difference is the garnish. A gibson has pearl onions instead of the martini's olives. While you might not be able to get a martini on the classic package at the martini bar, you could always get one at any other bar.

You can get a martini at the martini bar. You just have to pay the difference in price. I think we paid four or five dollars depending on the type of martini.

:'):')

No limit to the number overall. One at a time (although you often can get a mixed drink & a water at the same time) per card. And bartenders are not supposed to serve you if you are inebriated. But no other restrictions that I've seen!