Same day flight next Saturday (Carnival Breeze)

Gaprofitt

Hey All,

Not a fan of flying the same day for a cruise but that's what we are doing, group of 8. Flight leaves Atlanta at 10:30 arriving at 12:30 in FLL. We have SAS Transportation booked for a drive to the port of Miami. Would we be safer taking the cruise provided shuttle? Meaning if we are running late, etc? It's $30 versus $15 per person.

Thanks.

Do you need tickets for this? I paid, no tickets, only it shows transfers on my boarding pass. Is that all we need? Where do we go? I assume a huge sign will be near the baggage pickup? Surprised they didn't want airfare info.

You should be fine. I am flying to FLL the same day of the cruise 10/26/14. It is a direct flight from CT. I get to FLL at 10:35 am, than taking SAS transportation to POM. A direct flight is ok during the non winter months IMO but during the winter I would fly to Florida a day or two before the cruise no matter where your from. Have Fun!!!!!

Gary

I assume that your flight from Hotlanta is originating there not a connection. The biggest issue flying out of Atlanta is thunderstorms. Forecast for both Atlanta and Miami area is for clear skies on Saturday. Assuming no mechanical difficulties, you should be okay. Do take Carnival's 800 number with you in case of a delay. And also get an idea of what backup flights might be available to you, even directly to Miami. And even if you have to pay extra for flight changes. You may want to grab some travel insurance too, but that's up to you.

Look to be on board the Breeze by 2PM. Enjoy the ship, she's a beauty.

Edited by crewsweeper

We flew from Atl to FLL via Spirit. Made it in plenty of time, however Spirit is known to cancel and delay flights. "our trip back was delayed for three hours" Don't know I would do it again. Also, we rented our own car. There were 4 of us so it was cheaper to rent a car than to take shuttle. It was easy and we had plenty of time to get there. Only about 30 minutes. Gas hand didn't even move in car.

Definitely have other flight information. We were 8 minutes late due to a 3.5 hour delay in a flight from Den to Orlando and missed the ship!! (It was RCI) Since you are flying from ATL there should be plenty of options if the flight is delayed due to mechanical issues. If you know what they are you have a better chance of finding an alternate.

But if it is weather?

As for SAS explain the situation and I am sure they will be more than accommodating. We used them in March and were very impressed. plus if you are delayed and need to take a taxi, you haven't paid anything for SAS yet. Although I am sure that if you were late SAS would do their best to accommodate you.

I would also look at trip insurance. If 8 of you miss the ship it would be more expensive than changing your flight now, and or having trip insurance. Missing the ship cost us (2 people) over $2,000. If we would have changed flights it would have been $200.

Have a great time!!

Last cruise I had to fly day of. (Wedding was day before) I would arrive to the airport super early and attempt to stand-by for an earlier flight.

You should be fine though.

To me, flying in the same day is what nightmares are made of. I could never do it. For me, being in a constant rush doesn't seem like a vacation.

I always fly in at least the night before, but for my next cruise I'm flyng in 2 nights before, to extend the vacay.

Can't you maybe take a redeye so at least you get in super early in the am??

Just an example , today in Chicago all flights were halted do to smoke many miles away in the air traffics controller building . Turned out to be a overheated exhaust fan.

Anything can come up when traveling and it's best to give yourself extra time.

Returning home from Breeze our connecting flight was hit by lightning and we were delayed 2 hours.....things happen.

Just an example , today in Chicago all flights were halted do to smoke many miles away in the air traffics controller building . Turned out to be a overheated exhaust fan.

Anything can come up when traveling and it's best to give yourself extra time.

Returning home from Breeze our connecting flight was hit by lightning and we were delayed 2 hours.....things happen.

Today was a good example of how something far from the airport can affect flights. So it's not always about a mechanical issue with the plane or weather.

We have flown on the very first flight out, arriving at FLL before 9:30, and SAS always called us a soon as we landed letting us know they were nearby, and to call back when we have our luggage. Never had an issue with making it to the port in time, even with little traffic.