October 2015 29 day Tahiti/Hawaii booked!

Lsmith52

I am on this same cruise this October 2014 :) I can't wait! We have a very nice roll call going too.

Tips: Book Patrick's on Bora Bora early, he will sell out. Make early contact with Tisa (Pago Pago) Also start looking at other ports private tours and lock in early.

Tips: Book Patrick's on Bora Bora early, he will sell out. Make early contact with Tisa (Pago Pago) Also start looking at other ports private tours and lock in early.
I agree 1,000%. Both are great tours and were the highlight of my Sydney > LA cruise several years ago. Don't delay! Book with them as soon as you can.

Patrick: (do the lunch) http://www.maohinui.net/en/a-propos-de-maohinui/item/42-patrick-tairua

Tisa's Barefoot Bar: (do the tour and lunch): http://www.tisasbarefootbar.com

The CC pundits were right! The October 2015 round trip from LA to Tahiti/Hawaii is now online and available. We are booked!!!!!!!!!! Just 522 days until we sail. It is on the Crown.

Did you book online or directly with Princess or your TA? Pricing is not available on the website.

Thanks

I booked online. If you go to search cruises and enter "greater than 16 days, departure from LA, and Tahiti as destination you will get the 2014/2015 booking. You have to click on "view all dates and pricing"

Edited by Lsmith52

Anyone else book a suite on deck 14? We will be in R410. It looks like 3 other midship suites have been booked on this deck. This is the first time we have not booked on the Caribe deck. I sleep with earplugs so I shouldn't have a problem with noise.

I booked online. If you go to search cruises and enter "greater than 16 days, departure from LA, and Tahiti as destination you will get the 2014/2015 booking. You have to click on "view all dates and pricing"

Must be a glitch on the website right now - pricing is there for the 2014 sailing but for the 2015 sailing it says..."Voyage departure date is too close to complete this booking. Please select a different departure date or contact us for assistance"

I'll call Princess directly.

Thanks,

Ron

My wife and I are considering booking this particular cruise on the Crown, as we’ve already done the identical itinerary since 2011 (all prior aboard Sapphire) and are booked on the same October 2014 voyage on the Crown. We thoroughly enjoy Hawaii and the South Pacific and the many sea days associated with the transits. However, what has confused us this time is that Princess has listed the duration of the October 2015 voyage as 29 days. All prior identical voyages, including the one later in 2014, have been for 28 days. I’m not confused by back and forth crossings of the International Date Line (which in this case cancel one another out), and, upon analyzing, I calculated that the actual duration of the 2015 Crown cruise (10/17/15 departure LA, 11/14/15 return LA) is still only 28 days—based on five sea days to Hawaii (including departure from LA), four days in Hawaiian waters, four sea days to Samoa, two days in Samoan waters, two sea days to French Polynesia, three days in French Polynesia waters, and the concluding eight sea days back to LA (5+4+4+2+2+3+8=28). Does anyone else agree? If Princess priced this cruise at 29 days, and the correct figure should be 28 days, they may have overpriced it by one day.

My wife and I are considering booking this particular cruise on the Crown, as we’ve already done the identical itinerary since 2011 (all prior aboard Sapphire) and are booked on the same October 2014 voyage on the Crown. We thoroughly enjoy Hawaii and the South Pacific and the many sea days associated with the transits. However, what has confused us this time is that Princess has listed the duration of the October 2015 voyage as 29 days. All prior identical voyages, including the one later in 2014, have been for 28 days. I’m not confused by back and forth crossings of the International Date Line (which in this case cancel one another out), and, upon analyzing, I calculated that the actual duration of the 2015 Crown cruise (10/17/15 departure LA, 11/14/15 return LA) is still only 28 days—based on five sea days to Hawaii (including departure from LA), four days in Hawaiian waters, four sea days to Samoa, two days in Samoan waters, two sea days to French Polynesia, three days in French Polynesia waters, and the concluding eight sea days back to LA (5+4+4+2+2+3+8=28). Does anyone else agree? If Princess priced this cruise at 29 days, and the correct figure should be 28 days, they may have overpriced it by one day.

I see what you are saying (didn't count the total days). I don't think Princess miscalculated. It is probably just a misprint. (I hope)

Edited by Lsmith52

We booked this itinerary yesterday for the second time. If you booked also, join our roll call that actually started 2 weeks ago.

About that 28-day vs 29-day, it could be the fact that we cross the International date line twice. In home days it's a 28-day cruise. Can't remember where I read it but it said there's 24 smart casual and 4 formal nights.

I am on this same cruise this October 2014 :) I can't wait! We have a very nice roll call going too.

Patrick's are the best tours in the South Pacific. We did a similar cruise on the Sapphire several years ago and enjoyed the ports and the sea days. Nice balance.

Originally Posted by Uncle Sugar

I thought I would follow up my above posting on the cruise length issue with additional information. I did call Princess yesterday to inquire directly, but the rep I spoke with wasn’t interested in pursuing, advising that the October 2015 cruise was indeed accurately listed as 29 days in length (after conversing with a supervisor). However, I’ve rechecked my calculations. I remain convinced that the cruise is 28 days, not 29. The number of sea days from Papeete to LA is still eight—the same amount as on all prior identical itinerary voyages dating back to 2011. Regarding crossing the International Date Line, which bisects the narrow channel of open water between Apia (Samoa) and Pago Pago (American Samoa), Apia is on the west side of the Line, Pago Pago on the east side. We lose a day on the calendar when going into Apia, but we gain it back immediately when crossing over to Pago Pago (so we’re actually in both ports on the same date). The transit from Apia to Pago Pago is overnight; no sea day is involved. Plus when you count the total cruise nights we’ll be gone from LA, it’s also 28 (not 29), 15 nights in October, the 17th through the 31st, and 13 nights in November, the 1st through the 13th. November 14, the day of disembarkation isn’t counted (no overnight involved). One of the key factors Princess uses in pricing a cruise is the precise length of the cruise—i.e., number of elapsed nights a booked passenger is actually aboard. This year’s identical October 2014 itinerary (also the Crown) encompasses the period October 18 to November 15 (one day later on the calendar on both ends), and the cruise length is advertised/priced at 28 days. Am I correct, or am I wrong on this issue? Perhaps I’ve missed something obvious. If so, please advise.

I thought I would follow up my above posting on the cruise length issue with additional information. I did call Princess yesterday to inquire directly, but the rep I spoke with wasn’t interested in pursuing, advising that the October 2015 cruise was indeed accurately listed as 29 days in length (after conversing with a supervisor). However, I’ve rechecked my calculations. I remain convinced that the cruise is 28 days, not 29. The number of sea days from Papeete to LA is still eight—the same amount as on all prior identical itinerary voyages dating back to 2011. Regarding crossing the International Date Line, which bisects the narrow channel of open water between Apia (Samoa) and Pago Pago (American Samoa), Apia is on the west side of the Line, Pago Pago on the east side. We lose a day on the calendar when going into Apia, but we gain it back immediately when crossing over to Pago Pago (so we’re actually in both ports on the same date). The transit from Apia to Pago Pago is overnight; no sea day is involved. Plus when you count the total cruise nights we’ll be gone from LA, it’s also 28 (not 29), 15 nights in October, the 17th through the 31st, and 13 nights in November, the 1st through the 13th. November 14, the day of disembarkation isn’t counted (no overnight involved). One of the key factors Princess uses in pricing a cruise is the precise length of the cruise—i.e., number of elapsed nights a booked passenger is actually aboard. This year’s identical October 2014 itinerary (also the Crown) encompasses the period October 18 to November 15 (one day later on the calendar on both ends), and the cruise length is advertised/priced at 28 days. Am I correct, or am I wrong on this issue? Perhaps I’ve missed something obvious. If so, please advise.

Go to the website and pull up the sailing. Click on the title and you'll get the exact itinerary and compare to this years... very odd.