Caribbean Princess Arriving in Fort Lauderdale

Hoosier-Cruiser

No worries...

I bleeping love that ship.. Not sure why it's my favorite amongst the line. Probably because it reintroduced me to cruising, and then a few years later it was my two daughter's first ever cruise ship...

....and I am glad they haven't hacked off the old-style Skywalkers....

It'll be my kids' first ship as well.

That's awesome, and it will be a great introduction...

My girls have been on a few cruises and 2 other cruise lines since, yet they still talk about the CB and prefer Princess, mainly because of the CB.

Why do we get so jacked about a moving cruise ship!?! I have been glued to the web cam watching her come in and dock. Are we all crazy!?! I just love watching cruise ships come in and out of ports. And don't get me started about watching sail away when ON a ship. :D

Why do we get so jacked about a moving cruise ship!?! I have been glued to the web cam watching her come in and dock. Are we all crazy!?! I just love watching cruise ships come in and out of ports. And don't get me started about watching sail away when ON a ship. :D

None of us know what you're talking about... :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's just you...

OK, I'll admit I'm jacked because I can see them dock from my office (well, the other side of my floor....) and I'll be on the CB in about 23 hours... and chances are my best friend is getting engaged on the ship later this week. But I am sure you and I are the only ones who get jacked about a ship's coming and going... No one else around here... :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

Griff, a Cruise-aholic...

Edited by SheepdogGriff

OMG - No Kidding.... I started watching when she was 3 1/2 miles out and followed her all the way in until just now. Of course - I am really excited because I will be on her tomorrow - so I am going Where I Belong to Escape Completely & Come Back New!:D And yeah, I am so excited!!

No worries...

I bleeping love that ship.. Not sure why it's my favorite amongst the line. Probably because it reintroduced me to cruising, and then a few years later it was my two daughter's first ever cruise ship...

....and I am glad they haven't hacked off the old-style Skywalkers....

Thank you so much! I have read and seen so many bad reviews of the ship I was getting nervous. And yes I know there are good ones too but the bad ones kind of stick out.

Now out of dry dock and the cruise is weeks away, getting a bit more excited.

Will now go back to counting the decks to scope out my room! :p

Thank you so much! I have read and seen so many bad reviews of the ship I was getting nervous. And yes I know there are good ones too but the bad ones kind of stick out.

I'm sorry to hear that. But I will admit my bias towards Princess and the CB....

Here's my take on how to have a great cruise, regardless of the ship and line:

1.) Talk TO each and every staff member, and not AT them.. You'll almost always get great service. If the opportunity presents itself, refer to them by name.

2.) Every ship and line has their pros and cons, even Princess. But unless you have a crappy mindset, it's difficult to have a bad cruise.

3.) As for some of the poor reviews on this forum (any cruise line sub-forum)... Many of the bad reviews come from simply cranky people... people who are going to find fault in anything. There are lots of people like that on internet forums of any kind... Folks tend to get an "internet bravado" and who love to "talk smack" with the anonymity of their PC... I call them Keyboard Commandos... Many are simply whiners... Princess has them too... (I'm Elite.. so I shouldn't have to pay for my drinks... and pool loungers should be reserved for me.. and I should never wait in line for ANYTHING)... ignore those folks... they are simply going to b!tch... that's how they feel important....

So when you see a bunch of conflicting reviews... Toss out the super great ones as they are from total loyalists, admittedly like me... Toss out the ones from the folks I mention in #3, and read everything in the middle. When a Princess loyalist says something nice about RCCL or X (our main rivals), that says something.. as does when an RCCL or X regular compliment Princess... those are the reviews you pay attention to as they are unbiased.

On Monday I will give some quick thoughts on the CB as I haven't been on her in years... but I am telling you this... I expect a great (albeit short) cruise on a great ship with a really good staff on the one cruise line that regardless of the ship I feel comfortable because there is a familiarity amongst all of their ships.

Dang.. .is it time to board yet?

Edited by SheepdogGriff

I'm sorry to hear that. But I will admit my bias towards Princess and the CB....

Here's my take on how to have a great cruise, regardless of the ship and line:

1.) Talk TO each and every staff member, and not AT them.. You'll almost always get great service. If the opportunity presents itself, refer to them by name.

2.) Every ship and line has their pros and cons, even Princess. But unless you have a crappy mindset, it's difficult to have a bad cruise.

3.) As for some of the poor reviews on this forum (any cruise line sub-forum)... Many of the bad reviews come from simply cranky people... people who are going to find fault in anything. There are lots of people like that on internet forums of any kind... Folks tend to get an "internet bravado" and who love to "talk smack" with the anonymity of their PC... I call them Keyboard Commandos... Many are simply whiners... Princess has them too... (I'm Elite.. so I shouldn't have to pay for my drinks... and pool loungers should be reserved for me.. and I should never wait in line for ANYTHING)... ignore those folks... they are simply going to b!tch... that's how they feel important....

So when you see a bunch of conflicting reviews... Toss out the super great ones as they are from total loyalists, admittedly like me... Toss out the ones from the folks I mention in #3, and read everything in the middle. When a Princess loyalist says something nice about RCCL or X (our main rivals), that says something.. as does when an RCCL or X regular compliment Princess... those are the reviews you pay attention to as they are unbiased.

On Monday I will give some quick thoughts on the CB as I haven't been on her in years... but I am telling you this... I expect a great (albeit short) cruise on a great ship with a really good staff on the one cruise line that regardless of the ship I feel comfortable because there is a familiarity amongst all of their ships.

Dang.. .is it time to board yet?

You are absolutely on point! She was my first Princess, and I was convinced from the start.... which is why I'll be elite after my next cruise.

I do like her "handle" and love Skywalkers day and night!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Watching the Caribbean Princess come into FLL... was wondering, if anyone thinks they'll ever remove her "shopping handle" like they did on the Grand?

They took off the handle on the Grand for practical reasons not aesthetic ones. It was creating drag on the ship. They improved it on the Golden and forward. No need to take it off. They will not spend the money if they don't have to.

They took off the handle on the Grand for practical reasons not aesthetic ones. It was creating drag on the ship. They improved it on the Golden and forward. No need to take it off. They will not spend the money if they don't have to.

Didn't realize that was the reason:)

If I recall, it wasn't just drag that was the problem, Skywalkers was also causing structural issues for the ship due to its weight. Lighter materials were used for subsequent ships.