Jewel internet WiFi in-cabin

ctrlbrk

Is there wifi in-cabin on the Jewel?

What is the cost for internet on a 7 day?

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro

Internet runs from $.40 to $.75 per minute, depending on package you buy, for somewhat slow service. Same price no matter how you get it. Laptop, tablet, phone, or their computers.

Internet runs from $.40 to $.75 per minute, depending on package you buy, for somewhat slow service. Same price no matter how you get it. Laptop, tablet, phone, or their computers.

Can you point me to a list of packages with prices? I wasn't able to find it on NCL's website.

Also does this mean there is wifi in cabin?

Just googled it - here you go.

Thank you. I am used to Royal's unlimited package, not by the minute. It concerns me a little because if I forget to disable wi-fi on my phone it could use all the minutes in the blink of an eye and cost me $100!

They don't seem to have an unlimited option.

But there is in-cabin wifi on Jewel which is nice.

Also does this mean there is wifi in cabin?

There should be connectivity in cabins - if not and using a computer with ethernet port, there is also an ethernet port by the sockets near the power outlets (no cable though, I always travel with my own, one can also be borrowed from the internet cafe).

Edited by Demonyte

Thank you. I am used to Royal's unlimited package, not by the minute. It concerns me a little because if I forget to disable wi-fi on my phone it could use all the minutes in the blink of an eye and cost me $100!

They don't seem to have an unlimited option.

But there is in-cabin wifi on Jewel which is nice.

Even if your wifi is turned on, you have to LOG IN to use it. You do have to logout, or the minutes will keep running though.

Sorry, no unlimited. Personally, I am surprised the few ships that have offered unlimited can do that. People can get very hooked on the pc/laptop/phone and spend lots of hours.

Even if your wifi is turned on, you have to LOG IN to use it. You do have to logout, or the minutes will keep running though.

Sorry, no unlimited. Personally, I am surprised the few ships that have offered unlimited can do that. People can get very hooked on the pc/laptop/phone and spend lots of hours.

OK, I will make myself some sticky notes "REMEMBER TO LOG OUT!!" hehe.

I have a piece of software for Windows that lets my notebook become an access point, so when I was on Allure of the Seas for example I got the unlimited internet but it let me have my notebook, phone, and my friends tablet all share wifi in-cabin.

The unlimited thing was more a convenience than a requirement. Just easier to not have to worry about how many minutes you are online. But for per-minute charge, I will compose emails off-line and upload them all at once for example.

• 10 months later...

I saw a post somewhere else on this site that said Jewel was now offering an unlimited wi fi plan. The person posted had sailed fairly recently so information should be good.Said it is a new option but is not yet listed on NCL website

I saw a post somewhere else on this site that said Jewel was now offering an unlimited wi fi plan. The person posted had sailed fairly recently so information should be good.Said it is a new option but is not yet listed on NCL website

I am the one that posted. I was able to purchase it on day two of a seven-day cruise for $149 for unlimited it was great.