Is there NOTHING positive about Celebrity any more? (Threads Merged)

K.T.B.

I agree with comments so far. Having been on other lines while still very loyal to celebrity I still say it is the best for us. Change is always hard. Some is good and some is bad for others.

As long as the positives are still there I will sail with X.

One of the things I love best about Celebrity is the wonderful friends I've made on board over the years. And I love seeing favorite crew members from a previous cruise!

Celebrity is so bad, I currently have 4 cruises booked. :D

Hi Linda,

I couldn't agree more, and it's one of the many reasons we love sailing with Celebrity. Always a pleasure meeting our wonderful community members, and enjoy meeting them onboard at the sailaway, and the Cruise Critic meet and mingle.

As for the officers and crew ? They are "simply the best" (anyone remember that X slogan ?), and we've made many wonderful friends over the years. I certainly feel my life is richer & happier, due to the friendships made onboard.

Hope to see you again in the near future.

I cannot figure out how some curmudgeons find so many negative issues on their cruise. I don't know about you, but I go on vacation to have a good time, not to criticize the experience. Focus on the positive side of your cruise. Something is bound to go awry. $#!+ happens unfortunately.

I base my cruise purchase on time/price/itinerary. Bad reviews have no influence on my purchase. Ok, maybe if there is a significant amount of them. If anything, I find the negative reviews entertaining. I find it amazing how some people can be so petty. I travel at least 200 days/yr all over the world, so I've seen it all.

There should be NO “free” champagne, period. They could save what, $2000 per cruise every week for every ship? I hope the free champagne goes away. As someone who drinks NO alcohol, I question why that should be built into my fare. I’ll be sure to write in my comment card : No free champagne please.

Want not, waste not. Also, certain religions are offended by free champagne.

So don’t just reduce it by an ounce. Reduce it by 100%. The complainers will complain no matter what.

I'll have yours please

If we can all list what we would like them to cut out ......can I vote for not sailing out to sea please it will save thousands and I get sea sick :D

Yes I realise cruising probably isn't for me , but I'm going to Alaska so will enjoy it if it kills me .....and I'm sure free champagne will help lol

I love reading the reviews some of the complaints are hilarious , saw one complaining about a south Asia cruise saying the beaches aren't the caribbean ......wow! really ?:rolleyes:

I like to expect the worse and always be pleasantly surprised. I have paid 5 star prices so why would I expect a five star ship ?

#23 - Those wonderful cool towels they hand out when returning from a hot day on shore...

#24 - The words "Welcome Home" everytime I come back from shore....:)

#25 - The free champagne at embarkation(mentioned but not listed!!:) )

#26 - Best Spanish Coffee's at sea!!!

Edited by Gracie115

One of the things I love best about Celebrity is the wonderful friends I've made on board over the years. And I love seeing favorite crew members from a previous cruise!

Celebrity is so bad, I currently have 4 cruises booked. :D

I agree. Most of the passengers are lovely people, diverse, and most do not grumble. Sometimes, I think that some of the negative posters are dealing with other issues in their lives, and so are projecting their personal problems onto what they think is safer ground.

if we take away everything that some people or religions don't partake in then how about pork? What about those who are against all animal products. Everyone needs to look after themselves.

I think the chocolates on the pillow are a waste of money but some like it

Lol! and some lines no longer do that-fine by me-there is enough food on ship I am not going to miss a chocolate! I also don't care about welcome aboard champagne or orange juice for that matter.

It is interesting, there is so many negative posts on this board, but I was just on NCL and will stick to Celebrity as much as possible going forward. Our Celebrity experiences have been so much better. We love the food in the main dining room and the service, and the service around the ship (comparing it to NCL is like night and day, we found the food in the main dinning room on NCL terrible and paid for specialty restaurants every day, while on Celebrity we at most do one pay restaurant a cruise as we are more than happy with the Celebrity main dinning room food). We like the atmosphere on Celebrity better as well. We had the Garden Villa on NCL, so the only thing better on our NCL experience then Celebrity were our butler and concierge, who treated us like royalty, but we paid a very high premium for that. I would take my regular balcony (with the free classic drink package) on Celebrity for significantly less than we paid for the garden villa any day!!

I love Celebrity and can't wait for our Summit cruise in Nov (and hopefully changing our Jan cruise to the Summit again as well!!)

Sue

Sometimes, I think that some of the negative posters are dealing with other issues in their lives, and so are projecting their personal problems onto what they think is safer ground.

Is this to be considered a negative or positive post? :confused:

As I travel solo (..thus single), X offers me security and safety and total comfort that I have absolutely nothing to be concerned (worried) about. I am 'free as a bird'. Any concerns that I might have discussed with Staff were addressed without me feeling like a weirdo...(I am sure I gave Staff their daily laugh for the day)

Calm cool and the best holiday that I could ever have.

From where I come from, imagine walking around outside (!) at 4.30am enjoying the early sky. Thank you X

(Plus thank you CCritics for the enjoyment)

#23 - Those wonderful cool towels they hand out when returning from a hot day on shore...

#24 - The words "Welcome Home" everytime I come back from shore....:)

#25 - The free champagne at embarkation(mentioned but not listed!!:) )

#26 - Best Spanish Coffee's at sea!!!

#27 - Best non alcoholic drink packages (for me)

#28 - Best alcoholic drink packages (for my DH)

#29 - Great pictures packages!!

Love Celebrity and we are looking forward to our cruise on the Reflection in July!! Can't wait!!:)

One of the things I love best about Celebrity is the wonderful friends I've made on board over the years.

I couldn't agree more, we love sailing with Celebrity. Always a pleasure meeting our wonderful community members, and enjoy meeting them onboard at the sailaway, and the Cruise Critic meet and mingle.

I agree, and the waffles aren't bad either. ;)

I have always found that the officers on Celebrity are not only much more visible during the day and evening and are genuinely friendly and additionally participate in the pool volleyball game and other activities around the ship.

This is totally different than HAL, RCI, CCL and NCL where the officers typically are invisible or when they are seen typically ignore passengers since they are "too busy". The crew on Celebrity are also typically great but we have seen similar on all of the cruise lines above except for CCL and NCL where they score the lowest.

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

Hi Kevin,

With all due respect to our wonderful community members, (and IMO), I think the bulk of what's going on, is an overreaction. Sure, there are some things which have some of us a bit concerned, but overall, Celebrity continues to offer a WONDERFUL cruise experience. The overall experience remains stellar, and their officers & crew are amongst the best I've ever experienced.

If I didn't feel this way, we wouldn't have about 10 future cruises booked. Counting our entire family, we probably have about 20-25 Celebrity cruises booked, as my family almost always sails with us.... so that's a lot of bookings !

I think it's just that so much is happening so fast, that it's getting folks confused, and it's tough to see what's ahead. I remain hopeful that all will be fine. I think the best thing, would be for Celebrity to tap on the brakes a bit, and evaluate the recent changes, before moving forward at such a rapid pace.

I'm not panicking, and continue to have faith in Celebrity !

Re: the bolded part. I agree. And then people just feast upon it.

Also, I'm not not panicking either. My wife and I are planning a big trip in 2016 for our 20th anniversary, part of which is a Celebrity cruisetour in Alaska. So regardless of the "Debbie Downers" of the board, I have no plans of searching for another cruise line.

It's just nice to see positive comments for a change. :)

I love most everything about Celebrity! My first and only complaint about Celebrity this cruise on the Summit was the food, especially the buffet…Otherwise, the service, the crew, the officers, the guests, the shows etc were all very good.. Did I mention the free drink package?? I did fine with the Classic, DH upgraded mainly for the better wines…

Must just point out that we discovered, on our recent Reflection cruise, that there is now a sign at the Mast Grill that says they will cook hamburgers rare or to order! My husband loves a rare hamburger (shudder) and previously wasn't all that happy with the well done burgers sitting under the lamps.