How to make a complaint to Princess

SeaTheWorldBySea

I sent an email from a link on their website. I believe it is called customer relations. I got an automated email quickly confirming receipt if mt email with an explanation it might take a week or so for an actual response. They called me about a week later and I was very happy with their offer and apology.

Just want to add if a problem arises during the cruise it is best to discuss it in person on the ship rather than after disembarkation. Many times the issue can be resolved and I believe it gives the passenger more leverage as a current paying customer. :)

Probably should have explained a bit more.

There is a live thread from the new Regal. :eek:They are charging $3 for room service and there is a $10 cover charge for Alfredo's. Neither of those things were in effect on the Royal. We now have 34 cruises with Princess and next year on the Regal is the first time we have booked a balcony. We have always done inside, obstructed OV or OV. I was looking forward to having breakfast delivered on nice days and could not wait to try Alfredo's. Bummer they have implemented these new charges!

Hi All

If you have problems onboard and can not resolve them while on your cruise make notes of names times and take photos if required

Have had a few issues over the years every time Princess has done the right thing

Often the hardest thing is finding the right person to make your point to

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

There is a live thread from the new Regal. :eek:They are charging $3 for room service and there is a $10 cover charge for Alfredo's. Neither of those things were in effect on the Royal. We now have 34 cruises with Princess and next year on the Regal is the first time we have booked a balcony. We have always done inside, obstructed OV or OV. I was looking forward to having breakfast delivered on nice days and could not wait to try Alfredo's. Bummer they have implemented these new charges!

maybe they need some more revenue

Edited by rkmw

Someone on the Regal needs to point out the FAQ on the Princess website that says: "Passengers may call for personal complimentary Room Service at any time of the day or night." I doubt if calling the toll-free number or sending an email to customer relations would do much good yet.

I hope the $3room service is just for pizza and not every delivery. My boys will be very disappointed!

If these new charges are accurate, I wonder if this is what we will now expect with larger and larger ships. The bigger the ship, the more crew is required, therefore a larger revenue stream is also needed.

I did notice on our recent cruise that it felt like here is more "nickel and diming" on Princess than in the past. I hope he OP is incorrect, but I have a feeling they are not. :(

I hope the $3room service is just for pizza and not every delivery. My boys will be very disappointed!

If these new charges are accurate, I wonder if this is what we will now expect with larger and larger ships. The bigger the ship, the more crew is required, therefore a larger revenue stream is also needed.

I did notice on our recent cruise that it felt like here is more "nickel and diming" on Princess than in the past. I hope he OP is incorrect, but I have a feeling they are not. :(

NO! It's now for any room service delivery & while things may change it was posted that included bringing a bowl of fruit to our cabin & charging $.50 for drink mixers at the bar. :mad:

Princess customer relations is about to hear from me about my opinions on these changes. Because it's "too popular" is a garbage excuse because many times it's nearly empty. They doubled the Sanctuary price to $40 per day which I could understand more than charging a $10 fee for Alfredo's. I've read that includes a drink so if someone planned to have a glass of wine with their meal they may get close to breaking even. However to force everyone to pay $10 & maybe only get a soda (something those who a soda sticker do not need) is ridiculous.

Doubling the Sanctuary; charging for Alfredo's, room service & drink mixers...the new president's sales & marketing background is creating a more expensive cruise. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

For whatever it's worth, go visit the Celebrity boards. A lot of recent posts are complaints about very similar things on Celebrity ships. Increased pricing and more nickel and dining. It is all about generating more revenue.

Unfortunately this seems to be the direction cruise lines are going in.

A group of 4 of us all had Balcony staterooms for an upcomming British Isles Cruise. When the price stayed over 3k per person even though there are 100 Balconies unsold, we rebooked and took Obstructed view Rooms and saved 1k each.They sold all the insides to Brits for about $900 pp. So they are getting a deal. We are not, and having to pay high airfare to get there.

We also feel the food is not as good and there are not as many chocies as before, so we are no longer willing to pay a premium price to Cruise.It is a floating hotel and we will treat it as such.We still enjoy Princess. It is just different.

The Room Service charge may be used as tips for the people that do it. No one I have ever cruised with has tipped room service extra, and maybe thats the problem. We have always left the auto tips on and even tipped extra for extra service but were told by room service their tips were inlcuded in the pool of auto tips.

I have always enjoyed getting my cup of coffee from room service in the morning, along with a pastry. The last few cruises the pastries were bad and the Chocolate croissants were just ok.They can't decrease the quality and increase the price. It just won't work. I may not use room service much anymore. We will see.

was this your very own experience or something you read here on CC? If it was something you read, could you direct us to the posts with their experience?

It was not my experience but that of a person doing a LIVE from the Regal & a review from the current Regal cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42857356&postcount=60

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42857109&postcount=894

These links should get you directly to their posts about these troubling changes that both mention & you can view more of the posts by going to the threads.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It was not my experience but that of a person doing a LIVE from the Regal & a review from the current Regal cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42857356&postcount=60

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42857109&postcount=894

These links should get you directly to their posts about these troubling changes that both mention & you can view more of the posts by going to the threads.

Thank you for directing us to the posts.

It's possible that this will eventually go fleet-wide and it really won't be a hardship or issue for us because we always tip $3 for room service so this will save me from having to carry a wad of $1 bills on future cruises.

As for the pizza, I'll gladly pay the extra $10 if I they include a glass of wine with my pizza. Of course, it's a different story for those who don't wish to have a wine.

Princess already offers tapas and/or sushi while paying for a glass of wine in Vines so I guess it's going to go that route.

It certainly would have been more fair if Princess had made everyone aware of this change, however.

I'm really surprised and disappointed by this. I wonder if we'll see this fleet wide. Is this charge meant to tip room service people? We've always tipped for room service as I had heard they were not included in the tip pool. We always get a fruit bowl and have it replenished regularly. I certainly wouldn't do that if they charged me $3 every time. Nwhat's up Princess? Please don't tell me this is the kind service we should expect in the future.

First I would like to know if the $3.00 is a delivery fee or it is a tip. If not the tip for delivering then I would have to say Princess has figured out how to pay for the complimentary selection of deluxe canapés for Elite passengers. lol

First I would like to know if the $3.00 is a delivery fee or it is a tip. If not the tip for delivering then I would have to say Princess has figured out how to pay for the complimentary selection of deluxe canapés for Elite passengers. lol

Good point:eek:..... IMHO the deluxe canapes for Elites are not worth $3....at least the ones we've gotten:D:D:D