Greetings from on board Marina, 5/23/14

Mura

where we had an art auction this morning in Horizons. However, it wasn't all that intrusive. We were sitting at the back of the room but close to where the auction took place, and the talking (even with a mike) wasn't so loud as to disturb. Still, I'd rather it not be there!

We had a lovely M&G in Horizons in the morning, hosted by Don Horner, and it was a lively group.

Jim, I had lamb chops for breakfast ... just for you! We all miss you and wish you were here.

Mura

Your first comment begs the question........ why would you attend an art auction?

So happy to hear that Don Horner is on your cruise. He stopped in our city on the way to his Alaska cruise a couple of years ago. He and Betsy are delightful. If you have a chance, kindly give regards and a hug from Dennis and Jackie. Thanks so much.:D

Looking forward to further reports.

where we had an art auction this morning in Horizons. However, it wasn't all that intrusive. We were sitting at the back of the room but close to where the auction took place, and the talking (even with a mike) wasn't so loud as to disturb. Still, I'd rather it not be there!

We had a lovely M&G in Horizons in the morning, hosted by Don Horner, and it was a lively group.

Jim, I had lamb chops for breakfast ... just for you! We all miss you and wish you were here.

Mura

Mura-

We have So So So many wonderful friends on the Marina at this moment!

Please send Don, Betsy, Cenia, Glen, Deb, Jim, Jan, Stu, Shari, David, and Marcy and your ever loving Howard our very best wishes for a wonderful and most excellent transatlantic crossing! We are desolate that we missed this sailing but we hope to have many happy voyages with each of you in the years to come!

oceania-1.jpg

Hopefully, you enjoyed the lamb chops, because they really are heaven recipe-3312.jpg?1399334079 even more so with warmed stewed figs on the side.

Your first comment begs the question........ why would you attend an art auction?

Hi, Jackie,

The art auction was set up in Horizons, where we had the M&G at 10 am, with the auction beginning at 11 am. Many of usvwere still in the room, but we left as quickly ad we could ;)

I am onboard this week and had dinner at Jacques last night. The staff hit it out of the park. Services were seamless and attentive. A special cake for my daughter's birthday, and the escargots was perfectly prepared with the bread being amazing at usual. The chef was able to cook a steak medium well for darling daughter that she was able to cut with her fork.

This is our first sailing outside a PH and we do miss our butlers;)

Steward Ganna is always smiling and helpful. Our room is kept very clean.

The staff on-board seems very happy and .... No less than 8 good mornings from the staff today.

A special mention of John on the pool deck who greeted us as we sat waiting for our room. He seemed delighted with working for Oceania and enjoyed chatting with passengers.

Edited by dundeene

Hi all,

Since we have so many CC members on the ship..I wont be doing much writing....I do want to tell you Chef Christophe had purchased 400 lobsters in Bar Harbor on Saturday and yesterday (Monday) He prepared a Lobster fest in the Terrace Cafe for dinner by cooking lobster in every imaginable way..it was absolutely gorgeous and delicious..and I can say a huge success..

IMHO the ship is beautiful and service has been outstanding every where I have been..tonght we have a group going to La Reserve and am looking forward to it..

Jancruz1

Any idea what cabin he stays in when he's sailing? LuAnn

Even tho that is a personal question, I am sure he wont mind my telling you he is in an A ..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Missing you guys! Lots of people you know on board.

You know how people keep on asking for extra specialty restaurant reservations? On this cruise we're getting confirmations for reservations we never requested!

Still not sure what is going on ...

We're going to miss L'Anse aux Meadows, as last year's cruise did. But this was announced tonight, not last minute. The Canadian Coast Guard informed the ship there's just too much ice there. But it appears that we can still make our port call at Corner Brook.

Mura

We're going to miss L'Anse aux Meadows, as last year's cruise did. But this was announced tonight, not last minute. The Canadian Coast Guard informed the ship there's just too much ice there. But it appears that we can still make our port call at Corner Brook.

Mura

Too bad you will miss the port ..I had a feeling it would be skipped

This years cruise was earlier than 2013 & they had ice as well

Enjoy the rest of the cruise

Lyn

Since I was aware that the ship didn't get to l'Anse last year, I wasn't surprised at the announcement. But I was pleased that they told us a few days in advance.

It's a risk this far north at this time of year.

Mura

Can't believe we are missing all the action.

Lobster in the Terrace Cafe? Fantastic. Enjoying it with good friends? Priceless.

Miss all our buddies on board.

Stan & Marilyn

Mar ..all your buddies miss you and Stan like crazy..we were telling the orange story the other night and we were all rolling on the floor laughing..the trip is great but it is missing one thing..the two of you..Had a small Birthday party in Privee Tuesday night ..surprise for Stu at a big number

and the chef made a cake for him with a dog standing next to it that looked just like Bandit..everyone was hysterical..on to Corner Brook tomorrow, have no idea whats there..

Love,

Jancruz1

I would like to give all the Cruise Critic Members on the Marina a welcome to Corner Brook. I hope you enjoy your visit here.

We only get a few cruise ship visits each year mostly during September and October. I like to research each ship that visits here. I just discoveed that the Marina stopes here every year during its transatlantic repositioning.

If you go to see Captains Cook Monument you have to pass by my house and I just heard the first bus drive by.

Mura my son and I are looking forward to our visit to New York and our cruise in 30 days :D

swim 25 (Sherman)

Corner Brook Newfoundland

Sherman,

We are pulling out of Corner Brook now. Well, the engines started up about 20-25 minutes ago so we're still in sight of land.

We had a spectacular day here today. I had arranged a tour for 10 with GrosMorneVIPTours into the park and we had perfect weather. We all brought our sweaters and jackets but for most of the time we didn't need them. Our guide told us that they are going to be changing the name to "Scenic Tours" because "VIP" has a negative connotation for many. My guess is that people think "VIP" means it's expensive and exclusive, which it is not. Our guide was born in the Park area and gave us a lot of personal insight from his experience.

We loved it here! I hope you enjoy NYC as much as WE did.

If you want any personal suggestions about what to do in NYC, just email me!

Mura

Edited by Mura