Sick Sea Princess

Eaglemad

Just been notified of issues with the Sea Princess, communication from Princess reads:

Please be advised that Sea Princess has experienced technical difficulties which have resulted in our inability to operate at full speed. This in no way compromises the safety of our guests and crew which is our highest priority; however, our technical experts have determined that it is necessary to advance our departure time from Brisbane to 3 PM.

Hope our 1st June cruise is not cancelled :(

An unfortunate choice of titles, I assumed that there was a Noro problem onboard.

It doesn't sound real serious if they only have to leave a little earlier to make the next port.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

An unfortunate choice of titles, I assumed that there was a Noro problem onboard.

It doesn't sound real serious if they only have to leave a little earlier to make the next port.

Terry

As did I. I guess the OP figured the title would get folks' attention.

YEP. I too expected to read about a ship full of very sick passengers.

Actually "Sea Sick Princess" rather than "Sick Sea Princess" might have been a fun title!

Are you off the Ocean Princess June 6 Pia or staying on for more? How has Stu the CD been? We're joining up with him again June 6 through July 6.

(Sorry to hijack the topic!)

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

Actually "Sea Sick Princess" rather than "Sick Sea Princess" might have been a fun title!

Are you off the Ocean Princess June 6 Pia or staying on for more? How has Stu the CD been? We're joining up with him again June 6 through July 6.

(Sorry to hijack the topic!)

Terry

Terry, I'm not. Had to cancel due to husband's accident. Also had to cancel the one after that on the Emerald. I know Stu. He's an ok guy.

Hi, have friends on board at present...an engine problem...left Brisbane an hour early (everyone notified), they received $100.00 per person compensation.. arrived first stop, Noumea 2 hours late, so it looks like a slow journey...

kind regards, Lorraine :):)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, have friends on board at present...an engine problem...left Brisbane an hour early (everyone notified), they received $100.00 per person compensation.. arrived first stop, Noumea 2 hours late, so it looks like a slow journey...

kind regards, Lorraine :):)

we were onboard. didn't receive any email however about early leaving so fortunately we were on board in time. Yes we got $100 each first day, then next morning they cancelled noumea altogether and gave us another $100 each. We had only booked the cruise last minute on the wednesday so ended up with a very cheap few days break! So we didn't mind at all as we had done the trip before and was just using the unexpected break in great weather instead of being in cold melbourne! We didn't see any sickness on board save the usual people finding their sea legs, it was overall a very smooth journey and everything else was the usual top class princess service we love.

we were onboard. didn't receive any email however about early leaving so fortunately we were on board in time. Yes we got $100 each first day, then next morning they cancelled noumea altogether and gave us another $100 each. We had only booked the cruise last minute on the wednesday so ended up with a very cheap few days break! So we didn't mind at all as we had done the trip before and was just using the unexpected break in great weather instead of being in cold melbourne! We didn't see any sickness on board save the usual people finding their sea legs, it was overall a very smooth journey and everything else was the usual top class princess service we love.

Hey a cruise is a cruise! :D

Thanks for the update.