Hyatt Pier 66 or Embassy Suites on 17th

CaliPhil

My Wife and I have found great rates for these locations that both include breakfast. We would be flying in on a Fri afternoon and leaving on a Sat cruise. If they were the same price basically, which would you pick?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Forums mobile app

If you read down the board you will find dozens of threads on both of these hotels.

Given the criteria as you say, you should know Embassy Suites rooms are much larger- a two room suite- than Hilton, and two hours of free drinks every night are included at Embassy Suites.

You're looking at the Hyatt Pier 66 as opposed to the Hyatt Place...versus the Embassy Suites...and you found a rate at the Pier 66 with breakfast?

Even though the rooms at the ES are larger, and it's right next to Publix/total wine, etc...I would go with the Hyatt Pier 66....closer to the pier, if you're in the tower you'll have a better view of ships..and you can cab it, or http://www.suntrolley.com (or walk but it's UP the high causeway, down, a few blocks...and then back... to the Harbor Shops where the stores are..

I also think the Hyatt is more resort-like....though the ES is very nice...

I will be different and go with the Hyatt Pier 66

If you want to go to the store to buy wine and toiletries, Embassy Suites is more convenient. If you are looking to relax by the pool, Hyatt Place is a larger more interesting property.

I meant Hyatt Pier 66.:)

If you want to go to the store to buy wine and toiletries, Embassy Suites is more convenient. If you are looking to relax by the pool, Hyatt Place is a larger more interesting property.

I meant Hyatt Pier 66.:) NOT Hyatt Place.:eek:

Embassy suites is not ALL THAT imop. We stayed there pre and post cruise 2 weeks ago. On the second stay we attempted to check in at 1pm and was told rooms were not ready and they would call us. We went and ate at Lauderdale grill and returned at 2.30. Front desk was very snoby and told the wife that check-in was not until 4 pm:eek: We walked out and were about to get on the SunTrolly and 5 min later were told our room was ready. The week before we had checked in at 12 noon without any problems. We had an early flight the next morning 7.20, and had found out that the room we had on the top floor on the poolside of the hotel had loud music playing until well past midnight, no sleep as a result. We will be returning to Hilton Marina or the Hyatt pier 66 on any future visits, cleaner and air conditioners are much quieter.

I stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt before my cruise last week. I booked the AAA deal which included breakfast for $125/night. Considering the 2 days of breakfast buffets was worth $96 ($20pp+tax+tip), this was a great rate. My main reason for choosing this hotel was for the pool area....and I was not disappointed! We had an outer marina room...if you don't want to walk a lot, and might be annoyed by hearing luggage rolling on concrete, choose the inside tower.

The only negative for me, is that there is nothing within walking distance. We ordered in pizza for dinner :) I would go back there if the price was right, and I was staying for more than a day. If I just needed a room to sleep the night before the cruise, I would probably choose somewhere else.

I stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt before my cruise last week. I booked the AAA deal which included breakfast for $125/night. Considering the 2 days of breakfast buffets was worth $96 ($20pp+tax+tip), this was a great rate. My main reason for choosing this hotel was for the pool area....and I was not disappointed! We had an outer marina room...if you don't want to walk a lot, and might be annoyed by hearing luggage rolling on concrete, choose the inside tower.

The only negative for me, is that there is nothing within walking distance. We ordered in pizza for dinner :) I would go back there if the price was right, and I was staying for more than a day. If I just needed a room to sleep the night before the cruise, I would probably choose somewhere else.

Walgreens, Bimini Boatyard, Bravo, Chipotle, Market 17, PeiWei, and Shula Burger are all within walking distance unless you cannot walk a few blocks. They are just over the bridge. On the Hyatt property there is both a nice restaurant (Grill 66) and a very casual restaurant (Pelican's Landing).

The Sun Trolley goes right down SE 17th Street. I think it's a buck per person? We have used it many times and it worked great. As a matter of fact, the last time we stayed at ES (about 5 years back), we got on the trolley to go to the beach. You can hop off and off, it's quite easy.

If you are staying at the Hyatt, the trolley should go right past the Access Road area where you pull in. If it were me, I would much rather do the Hyatt then ES any day. I have yet to stay there but it looks fabulous online, especially the pool area.

My family are all walkers, we walked last year from the Lago Mar down to the strip (via the beach). Now that was a hike! But we had a blast doing it and i've had 3 knee surgeries. :D

We just spent 2 nights at Pier 66. We booked because of price and the water taxi stop at the hotel. When we arrived we saw that Pelicans Landing is closed for Construction until furhter notice....in other words the water taxi stop was closed as well as the restaurant! Other than that we had a lovely stay it is a beautiful place. Great food for room service too. Dont miss the huge Banyan tree on the west side of the main building!

We just spent 2 nights at Pier 66. We booked because of price and the water taxi stop at the hotel. When we arrived we saw that Pelicans Landing is closed for Construction until furhter notice....in other words the water taxi stop was closed as well as the restaurant! Other than that we had a lovely stay it is a beautiful place. Great food for room service too. Dont miss the huge Banyan tree on the west side of the main building!

I see that closure due to pier construction is announced on the water taxi website. So if anyone is staying at Pier 66 and wants to ride the water taxi, you will have to cross the bridge, turn right, and go under the bridge to the stop at Hilton Marina Resort.