Post Hotel for Vancouver

Roustie

My husband and I are doing our first cruise ever. We are doing the Vancouver roundtrip to Alaska.

We are staying only on night post trip in Vancouver. I don't need to stay close to the ship. We have never been to Vancouver so would like to stay somewhere close to Stanley Park, shopping. We want to maximize the most out of the day and have the hotel close since we won't have a car.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the area or a hotel?

Thanks

Michelle

If you get a hotel room around Robson Street, that's the happening place to be. Try calling 1-800-hellobc, its been a while since I have known anyone to use this but they have been helpful to others in the past. Vancouver is a wonderful place to spend some time. Stanley Park is a great spot, you certainly will love it.

Michelle go over to the Ports of Call board under Alaska and there is a wealth of info there. Just do a search and all sorts of hotels come up. I know that Vancouver is in Canada not Alaska but it seems those two are closely assocated with each other. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

We just returned from our Alaska cruise yesterday....awesome trip. We stayed in Vancouver for four days prior to our cruise. We stayed in the Westin Bayshore Resort in Vancouver. It is right on the water and directly beside Stanley Park. The hotel was quite pricey but the location was superb if you like being on the water.

I have stayed at the Coast Plaza on Comox Street. Two blocks to Stanley Park and the Seawall Walk along the bay and beaches. I don't know about shopping nearby but lots of restaurants and a short taxi ride to Canada Place pier.

Archived