Royal Birthday Picture Review on Jewel 5/17/14

Fantastic review and photos. We will be on the Jewel next year for one of the popular Pacific coast cruises, in a deck 7 center aft cabin . I understand there is no Diamond lounge on this ship - do they have an evening event for Diamond members?

Yes Hollywood Odyssey and it's a full CL style bar

You know The Freewinds is the Church of Scientology, Flag Vessel.

Question were you invited to the Captain's Table, for being in the Royal Suite?

Wow I didn't know that. We were not, there were a number of Pinnacles on board.

Hey Ken!!

Great to see another review from you! And the Royal Suite!! Good for you!

Love the Jewel....we'll be on her in Nov/Dec this year for a B2B. Like to see all the beaches ...you know that's what we love!! Thanks for posting the pictures.....I know how tedious that is.

It's always amazing when the Queen of cruise critic reviews reads one of my reviews. I'm loving your B2B2B review.

A great review and I really enjoyed all the photos - for a few moments I felt like I was on the cruise with you. The Royal Suite experience looks very very special indeed.

I love Radiance class ships and my first two cruises were on Brilliance and Jewel. I will be going back to my 'roots' next May with a cruise on Radiance. I can't wait.

Thank you for sharing your holiday with us :)

It's always amazing when the Queen of cruise critic reviews reads one of my reviews. I'm loving your B2B2B review.

Ken.....you are too funny! Sounds like you guys had a great trip! Loved your pictures from Valley Church Beach....one of my favorites....and the coconut shrimp!!! Yum!!!

Glad to hear that Capt. Gustavo was on board. I hope he will be there in December when we are. We ate breakfast with him on the Freedom in August when he had just gotten the word of his promotion. What a nice guy!!

What's up next for you?

Ken.....you are too funny! Sounds like you guys had a great trip! Loved your pictures from Valley Church Beach....one of my favorites....and the coconut shrimp!!! Yum!!!

Glad to hear that Capt. Gustavo was on board. I hope he will be there in December when we are. We ate breakfast with him on the Freedom in August when he had just gotten the word of his promotion. What a nice guy!!

What's up next for you?

2 short Enchantments over the summer but really looking forward to the Oasis Westbound Transatlantic in Oct. What do you and John have up next?

14333893144_510b80d9b1_z.jpg

This was our first time on a Radiance Class ship and we understand why it is a cruise critic favorite.

Capt – Capt Gustavo was fantastic. He was very nice to us on Freedom when he was Staff Capt. We are very happy for his promotion.

Concierge – Diego was spectacular. He is one of the top concierges in the fleet – Our Top 3 - Willie / Mario / Diego (not in any order) Bartender Kevin was fantastic.

Diamond event – The nightly Diamond event was held in the Hollywood Odyssey. Felipe did an amazing job keeping everyone’s glasses filled and filled and filled. He did let a few non diamond members in, but no one made a fuss. It’s tough with only one bartender and no concierge. We spent most evenings hanging out there due to the CL being standing room only.

Food – Subjective – Overall very good (minus Chops) Chops had old menu. Windjammer chef stations were amazing. The made to order burgers at dinner were better than Johnny Rockets.

Our suite attendant – Jo was ok – Nothing special, nothing awful. Always greeted us by name and always had a smile on her face.

Bar service – With so many ports and a great DL and CL staff, I think we only bought 2 drinks the entire week. I didn’t even have a guavarita.

Room Service – Excellent – I had the best steak sandwich I have every had at sea. Honey strung chicken was very fresh. When we ordered the champagne for the M&M after party they made sure to send 25 champagne flutes - Nice touch

Internet Service – No ship wide internet but good signal and bandwidth in the Centrum. Skype video, and imessage worked, Facetime didn’t.

CD - Carly Boileau was very visible and friendly. Activities manager Elvis was excellent.

C&A benefits – Jewel has electronic coupons but no 3 drinks in the evening.

Entertainment – Singers and Dancers were not as bad as other reviews have indicated minus singing Nessum Dorma in english . John Joseph & Johnny B were amazing. Comedian Louis Johnson was very funny. Levent was awful. We missed Joey Van and The Quest.

Misc – No problems bringing on water or a power strip

Shout outs – Skiiergirl and Mr Ski, Chef Jen, J & the Moms, Buggs Bernie & Katherine and Heather & Kelly and all of our after party friends.

Rating – I can’t use my normal rating system due to being totally biased by the Royal Suite. This cruise gets a 100% Plus….

The week was fantastic!!!!!

Another amazing RCCL vacation, we remain Loyal to Royal!!!!!

This is Ken Jarvis and I approve this review.

Shout out back to y'all! What a great week. Thanks so much for hosting the"after party" in your beautiful suite. We had so much fun with y'all all week. We really Hope to cruise with you both again! Fantastic review!!!

Shout out back to y'all! What a great week. Thanks so much for hosting the"after party" in your beautiful suite. We had so much fun with y'all all week. We really Hope to cruise with you both again! Fantastic review!!!

Thanks so much. Enjoy Allure!!!!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Great review, Ken. We will be on the Jewel for a B2B in late January. We are Diamond+ but we are not in a suite (oh how I wish). Who gets to use the Yacht Club and when is it opened? Is it located right next to the Concierge? Does it function like the Concierge Club? Loved your pictures and recommendations for some great beach days. Thanks for a great review.

Great review, Ken. We will be on the Jewel for a B2B in late January. We are Diamond+ but we are not in a suite (oh how I wish). Who gets to use the Yacht Club and when is it opened? Is it located right next to the Concierge? Does it function like the Concierge Club? Loved your pictures and recommendations for some great beach days. Thanks for a great review.

My pleasure. The Yacht club is an open area in ths Centrum right outside the Concierge. Anyone can sit there. A lot of the time its used as an overflow area for the CL since the lounge is small. Here are some pics I took. Have a great B2B.

14189501780_131ac3bbcd_z.jpg

14189448158_d382490ec6_z.jpg

Hi Ken and Paulette!

Just wanted to thank you for the afterparty in the Royal Suite! The suite was amazing! Your hospitality was awesome. My friend Pat and I enjoyed meeting you and everyone else at the Mix and Mingle. I was the one who won the bottle of wine! :-) . We had on those awesome caftans.

Looking at your pictures makes me cruise-sick! I am ready to travel again already. Thanks again for everything, and I hope to see you on another cruise.

Janelle

14333893144_510b80d9b1_z.jpg

This was our first time on a Radiance Class ship and we understand why it is a cruise critic favorite.

Capt – Capt Gustavo was fantastic. He was very nice to us on Freedom when he was Staff Capt. We are very happy for his promotion.

Concierge – Diego was spectacular. He is one of the top concierges in the fleet – Our Top 3 - Willie / Mario / Diego (not in any order) Bartender Kevin was fantastic.

Diamond event – The nightly Diamond event was held in the Hollywood Odyssey. Felipe did an amazing job keeping everyone’s glasses filled and filled and filled. He did let a few non diamond members in, but no one made a fuss. It’s tough with only one bartender and no concierge. We spent most evenings hanging out there due to the CL being standing room only.

Food – Subjective – Overall very good (minus Chops) Chops had old menu. Windjammer chef stations were amazing. The made to order burgers at dinner were better than Johnny Rockets.

Our suite attendant – Jo was ok – Nothing special, nothing awful. Always greeted us by name and always had a smile on her face.

Bar service – With so many ports and a great DL and CL staff, I think we only bought 2 drinks the entire week. I didn’t even have a guavarita.

Room Service – Excellent – I had the best steak sandwich I have every had at sea. Honey strung chicken was very fresh. When we ordered the champagne for the M&M after party they made sure to send 25 champagne flutes - Nice touch

Internet Service – No ship wide internet but good signal and bandwidth in the Centrum. Skype video, and imessage worked, Facetime didn’t.

CD - Carly Boileau was very visible and friendly. Activities manager Elvis was excellent.

C&A benefits – Jewel has electronic coupons but no 3 drinks in the evening.

Entertainment – Singers and Dancers were not as bad as other reviews have indicated minus singing Nessum Dorma in english . John Joseph & Johnny B were amazing. Comedian Louis Johnson was very funny. Levent was awful. We missed Joey Van and The Quest.

Misc – No problems bringing on water or a power strip

Shout outs – Skiiergirl and Mr Ski, Chef Jen, J & the Moms, Buggs Bernie & Katherine and Heather & Kelly and all of our after party friends.

Rating – I can’t use my normal rating system due to being totally biased by the Royal Suite. This cruise gets a 100% Plus….

The week was fantastic!!!!!

Another amazing RCCL vacation, we remain Loyal to Royal!!!!!

This is Ken Jarvis and I approve this review.

Hi Ken and Paulette!

Just wanted to thank you for the afterparty in the Royal Suite! The suite was amazing! Your hospitality was awesome. My friend Pat and I enjoyed meeting you and everyone else at the Mix and Mingle. I was the one who won the bottle of wine! :-) . We had on those awesome caftans.

Looking at your pictures makes me cruise-sick! I am ready to travel again already. Thanks again for everything, and I hope to see you on another cruise.

Janelle

Hey Janelle - It was great meeting you and Pat. All the best...

Thanks, so much, for the wonderful review and spectacular pictures! We are going on the Jewel in September. After reading your review and seeing the pictures, I'm ready to go now!

Caren

Have a great trip

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 year later...