Question on Koo Roo

Caroldoll

I haven't heard of Koo Roo island, but we were on the Sojourn from Hong Kong to Singapore in March, and we made a stop at Koh Kood island in Thailand. It was where the beach barbecue was held.

There are some pictures here - not mine - of the Pride anchored off Koh Kood.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/c-j-b/sets/72157623504950757/detail/

One problem with these lesser known Thai islands is that the spelling of their names is rarely consistent when translated into English. I believe 'Koh' is the translation for the word island.

I just had a quick Google and there seems to be an island called Koh Ru which is in Cambodia, did your cruise stop there?

Do you mean Ko Kood ? Yes they are still going there - usually for a day on the beach and caviar in the surf plus water sports. Was there in March on Sojourn.

secoma I was writing as you posted!

It was a pity the tide was so far out that day, my own photos didn't make the beach look very pretty!

It was Koh Kood. Now I have to check the cruises to see if they are doing them in 2015 or so. This was something that my DH and I loved more than anything. I also have to check to see which ship is going there. We were on Pride and it wasn't our best moment! LOL...However the passengers were wonderful. We met so many wonderful people. And the burgers, french fries and bread sticks were to die for!