Star Mini Suites

Muscovites

Hi there, we are looking to book the Star Princess for a Hawaii cruise on 29 April 2015. firstly, is this date still okay weather wise for a Hawaii cruise? secondly, we are looking at Dolphin deck aft minisuites and wondered what like they were - D732 is still available - does it have the bigger balcony? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Isobel.

Thanks for that quick response. In your opinion then do you think we'd be better booking a mini on E deck then - to get a covered one? We are just off the Crown where we had E730, and although that one isn't available, others are - but just with normal sized balconies. Thanks again for your help.

Isobel

Hi there, we are looking to book the Star Princess for a Hawaii cruise on 29 April 2015. firstly, is this date still okay weather wise for a Hawaii cruise? secondly, we are looking at Dolphin deck aft minisuites and wondered what like they were - D732 is still available - does it have the bigger balcony? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Isobel.

Check the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959727

These are our pix from our Hawaii cruise in D733.

Loved the cabin!! Absolutely love the enormous bathroom!!!

Balcony is big enough for a party.

JF - as this cabin was originally going to be a handicapped one, is the sink in the bathroom lower?

I don't mind not having a tub at all, is the shower bigger than most Princess' showers?:D

The sink seemed to be at a normal height.

Some might find the shower is too big...you could get lost in there and never find your way out ;) :D

Just wondering . . . if a handicapped person needs this room, and if you are not handicapped, will you be moved to another room?

Even though it was originally designed for handicap - it didn't pass muster. I think it had to do with where the entry door is placed...hard to maneuver a wheelchair or scooter into the room (?).

Anyway, the short answer to your question is no.

Even though it was originally designed for handicap - it didn't pass muster. I think it had to do with where the entry door is placed...hard to maneuver a wheelchair or scooter into the room (?).

Anyway, the short answer to your question is no.

This is good to know. Although my wife isn't technically handicapped, she does have some mobility issues. She doesn't use a scooter or wheelchair. A stateroom like this would be something we would consider in the future.

Do you happen to know whether there is a way I could look at deck plans and find a room like this? Any ideas or tips will be appreciated.

Edited by JimAOk1945

This is good to know. Although my wife isn't technically handicapped, she does have some mobility issues. She doesn't use a scooter or wheelchair. A stateroom like this would be something we would consider in the future.

Do you happen to know whether there is a way I could look at deck plans and find a room like this? Any ideas or tips will be appreciated.

AFAIK - all of the ships in that class have the "handicap" mini. Someone who can remember this stuff can tell you which ships those are (I can't keep 'em straight).

If you look at the deck plans on Dolphin deck and click on the cabin, you will see this disclaimer "Special Notes:

NON STANDARD LAYOUT TWIN BEDS ONLY/ SHOWER ONLY/NO TUB/ NO SINK VANITY". That is the cabin.

Isobel.

Hi, Isobel. We are booked on this cruise. That balcony is HUGE!!!!!!! :eek:

If you do book this sailing, please come by and join the roll call.:)

Hi we were on the Grand (same class) to Hawaii on April 28th for two weeks and the weather was great. The first two days going to Hawaii we did have some rocking of the boat but it calmed down after a few days. I chose a cabin on Dolphin because I wanted to be able to go out on the balcony at night and see the entire sky. I did not want to be limited to half or none so we were very happy with the Dolphin mini suite. One night when I could not sleep I read outside on the balcony at 2:0 AM and it was beautiful. You will enjoy whatever room you chose and floor.