5 day vs 7 day cruise

Were in central FL and have never bothered with anything less than 7. Between taking time off work, packing, making sure everthing is taken care of around the house, driving(gas), paying for parking, and just the hassle of getting over there it doesn't make sense (for us anyway) to only do 3-4-5 night cruises.

I might consider a 4 night bahamas if the prices drop back into the low-mid 100's as they have in the past but all the stars would have to align!

The longer the better!

I like 5 night cruises and don't sail anything less than that. I prefer 7 night cruises but we can usually take cruises more often if we do some of each. On the 7 nights, you get more nights, :) more shows, :) more time to relax, :) and 2 more days of food throughout the ship, :D and finally 2 more days to put on those extra pounds we all so desperately crave aboard a cruise ship. :rolleyes:

We loved 5 days! We've only done 1 7 night cruise (and have our next one coming up in 2 days), so we don't have a lot to compare to, but we were also "ready" to go home by the end of the 7 day cruise. Whereas, with the 5 day, we were still swept up in the excitement when we went home. It had a different feel to it, but more exciting, I'd say :).

I have 2, 5-day cruises booked for this winter. The January cruise is with our older daughter. She's only been at her job for one year (first job out of college), and she's saving her PTO days for other travel with friends. We wanted to do a mother/daughter trip, but this way she won't have to use too many days. The second trip is with our younger daughter, and another mother/daughter trip. It's her spring break in early March, and a shorter cruise makes it possible for her to travel home from college to go on the cruise, without having to miss any school.

I've been on a 4-nighter, and it was a nice break from the Chicago winter. :)

The longer, the better! If you live within driving distance of the port, by all means, lots of short getaways would be great. If I'm paying for airfare, I want the longest cruise I can afford to get my money's worth!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Longer is better! We once went on a 6 day cruise because the itinerary included a port we had not visited before. We enjoyed the cruise, but it just felt too short!

Also, we noticed there seemed to be a more rowdy atmosphere on that particular cruise that we had not seen on the longer itineraries.

Happy cruising!