Sorry, CCers

First of all, I love my job and the children I teach;makes it easy to get out of bed each morning! I never felt entitled to anything, much less a discounted cruise, I simply asked a question if one had ever been offered. So thank you to those who provided pertinent answers and I apologize that the thread took a turn for the worse shall we say:) I will continue to cruise each summer always looking for best available pricing because I love cruising almost as much as I love the job I do....

First of all, I love my job and the children I teach;makes it easy to get out of bed each morning! I never felt entitled to anything, much less a discounted cruise, I simply asked a question if one had ever been offered. So thank you to those who provided pertinent answers and I apologize that the thread took a turn for the worse shall we say:) I will continue to cruise each summer always looking for best available pricing because I love cruising almost as much as I love the job I do....

No apologies or explanations needed. It was a legitimate question which - at least early on in the thread - received legitimate answers. But very frequently threads take on a life of their own straying far from the original question, ultimately with comments addressing points of view with little or no relevance to the original question or topic.

Kind of like the old "whisper down the line" game as kids where the last person in line's statement has little relation to the statement made by the first person.

Just take the answers from your thread that you need and ignore the rest. :)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

From your tone, it sounds like you've been hassled on a prior post about you searching for the lowest price(s). Hey, I do the same and enjoy snagging a good balcony price. I got a great deal on our upcoming Oasis for a C1 cat. for less than $800 per, plus OBC's and Specialty Restaurant for 2.

From your tone, it sounds like you've been hassled on a prior post about you searching for the lowest price(s). Hey, I do the same and enjoy snagging a good balcony price. I got a great deal on our upcoming Oasis for a C1 cat. for less than $800 per, plus OBC's and Specialty Restaurant for 2.

There are suite snobs, there are balcony snobs and many other flavors of snobbery. I am pleased to meet another committed price snob.

Don't sweat it, message boards on these here interwebs sometimes attract people who get out of bed every day searching for something to get offended by. They'll seize any opportunity to play the righteous indignation card. Luckily they're easy to spot and ignore ;)

The problem was with them, not you or your post.

I thought I had seen discounts for teachers as well as firefighters, military etc.

It's a nice way to thank the people who make our society a better place. My daughter is a teacher and I understand now what a thankless profession it can be at times (and the monetary compensation isn't always so great either).

I hope you get a great discount!

I certainly wouldn't fault some one looking for a discount. Who doesn't look for any available discounts? Your question might lead to MY next discount.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise! :)