Live from Regatta June 7

pacheco18

[quote name='pacheco18']Just went into polo. Unchanged. Here is photo of smokers' cage in horizons[/quote]

Too funny.....they will look like they are in a viewing area at a zoo!! People walk by and peer in at the "dangerous...."

That is fantastic Laraine! We're in an OV, and it's lovely, and got to visit the Vista today to take a look.

Look forward to meeting you later today! I've invited Kunal (Oceania's prez, who is onboard) to join us....

Carolyn

[quote name='pacheco18']You have no idea how lucky.

Just got bumped up to a vista suite from an Ov. Will share lovely story later. I am over the moon. Not sure I will be leaving the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Alas there is no on board jewelry designer this cruise. I will use part of my large obc for laundry. New machines are nicely placed at either end of the room. They look like the machines that are on the o ships

[attachment=251067:name]

Thanks so much Larraine for the picture - it appears to be in the center of the line that backs up to the wall. This is where they had the carving station on our cruise. The section that backs up to the outer wall and the outdoor eating verandah appears to have stayed the same. Is the pizza oven still around the corner?

Hope you are having beautiful sunny weather!

[quote name='las313']Thanks for all the updates. DH will not like having to smoke his cigars in a fish bowl. Can they still smoke outside near the pool?
We sail on June 27th.[/QUOTE]

[B]Cigars were not allowed indoors anyway[/B]

[quote name='basor']Thanks so much Larraine for the picture - it appears to be in the center of the line that backs up to the wall. This is where they had the carving station on our cruise. The section that backs up to the outer wall and the outdoor eating verandah appears to have stayed the same. Is the pizza oven still around the corner?

Hope you are having beautiful sunny weather![/QUOTE]

Pizza station in same place

We had a great CC Meet & Greet with Carolyn and Kunal in attendance. A real treat. Carolyn is posting photos on Facebook so u might take a look

Captain's welcome cocktail party is this evening followed by dinner in Polo.

Sitka tomorrow

[quote name='las313']Where on Facebook does Carolyn post?
Love you review so far.[/QUOTE]

No idea. Assume cc has a Facebook page

Lyn. Baristas becomes a bar only at 6 pm

Just left captain' s welcome party. Not that well attended. Ship is rocking badly and I am guessing lots of folks weren't anxious for a cocktail even if free.

[quote name='orchestrapal']OMG, Dimitar must have lost 25 pounds during the dry dock.....
We left him last cruise at the beginning of it.[/QUOTE]

They all worked hard so everyone probably shed a few pounds

He looked the same as he does now last May

By the way, WORST thing about the VISTA suite.
There's a SCALE in the bathroom. Are they kidding???

So far, nowhere :(

Spent an hour yesterday doing an album on cabins and ... Facebook ate it. Will try again this morning and post a link when it's up.

Wish me luck!

Carolyn

[quote name='las313']Where on Facebook does Carolyn post?
Love you review so far.[/quote]

Dinner in polo was terrific--both food and service
I asked about changes and only carpet was replaced
Everything else is unchanged

As I have posted in the past we have never been fans of the GDR but we decided to have breakfast there today. Ship is rolling so I preferred to have servers deal with it. Lol.

I had amazing scrambled eggs with lox and onions. Just like my mother made on Sundays. One of the cooks must be Jewish:)

Kunal suggested that we try the GDR for lunch as the menu has completely been changed. Currents included a handout with the new menu. Apparently some things change daily but u can get an idea. I will scan it and post when I get home. I cannot compare it to previous menus. I have only eaten lunch in the GDR once on marina to have a salade nicoise and I did not like it. I remember asking the chef why the salade was not authentic ( it has some unexpected ingredients if I recall) and he told me it was jacque's recipe and it could not be tampered with. Lol

The dinner menu has one dish each from Jacques and red ginger

We will NEVER drink our six bottles of booze. I had a single glass of wine at dinner. Bob had iced tea. This cruise is only ten days Going to share in specialties with fellow passengers

Laraine, thanks for the great photos! And congrats on your wonderful upgrade. Much appreciated as I shall be on Insignia in Sept and no one has posted anything post refurb.

Question, though: While seated on your veranda, can you see the water or just the sky? I'm not a tall person, and that is something that has kept me from booking the aft on the R-ships. My up-coming will be the fourth - both AZ ships and the Regatta already, with the Insignia next up. Love those R's!

Donna