Suite or more cruises?

dorisis

My husband and I disagree in which is the best way to spend our cruise budget money. He prefers to go in a suite and I prefer to go on more cruises. Seems we can do 3 cruises for the price of 1 in a suite. Any opinions???

My husband loves the suite. We had our first one this past May. I love to cruise so much I would rather do 2 or 3 a year in a cheaper cabin. :D

I also find I can usually squeeze my budget for 3 insides compared to 1 balcony, never mind suite. I tend to be less flexible because I'm either escaping winter weather or traveling with a group.

Could never understand why someone thinks they need all that space on a cruise ship. If you want to spend all that much time in your cabin, is cruising really the right choice for you? (Unless, of course, you want to boast that you have more money than you know what to do with.)

I also find I can usually squeeze my budget for 3 insides compared to 1 balcony, never mind suite. I tend to be less flexible because I'm either escaping winter weather or traveling with a group.

Could never understand why someone thinks they need all that space on a cruise ship. If you want to spend all that much time in your cabin, is cruising really the right choice for you? (Unless, of course, you want to boast that you have more money than you know what to do with.)

Don't expect you to understand just as we could never understand travel in an inside or without a balcony. The suites are always the first cabins to be booked because some people want the comfort, the service and the perks. Guess there is a reason and none of these people are booking suites to boast.......

We have been in cabins with 2 bunk beds and also been in Owner's Suites. It's like being rich or poor..."Rich is better". If I were a spender, I would go for the Suite with perks (not Carnival) every time. But I like to get value for money, so I book whatever I think is the best value at the time. And once in a while it can be a suite.

In Sept, we will be doing a B2B On a Princess ship in a full suite with perks for much less than we did last month on a Carnival suite with no perks and a VERY small cabin.

For us, cruising in a suite is a preference. We enjoy the space, comfort, and perks. We like coming back from a day ashore to the peace and tranquility of our stateroom and balcony, ordering dinner in our suite from the items available in the MDR. It's a choice for us, not a boast.

Happy cruising.

Edited by JimAOk1945

We have done two transatlantic cruises in inside guarantee cabins, one on the the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam and one on Celebrity Constellation - both cabins were perfect. We like bargains and would rather travel more often than travel with lots of (unnecessary) frills. We have three more cruises booked, two in the fall and one next spring, and all are in inside guarantee cabins. If we could afford small ships we would cruise on them - would never go on a ship over 20,000 tons - not for the implied luxury but just for the pleasure of being on a smaller ship.

My husband and I disagree in which is the best way to spend our cruise budget money. He prefers to go in a suite and I prefer to go on more cruises. Seems we can do 3 cruises for the price of 1 in a suite. Any opinions???

We did four world cruise with Cunard. We always had balcony. We did Alaska cruise last month on Hal. We had a suite. We will be going on a grand voyage next year on Insignia 180 days. A balcony a must -:).

Happy sailing

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

The type of cabin has very little to do with how much we enjoy a cruise. I'll take three weeks in an inside cabin in Alaska over a week cruise in the Caribbean on a balcony any day, never mind a suite. Just think of all the extra entertainment and meals you get with more cruises, not to mention exploring new ports. We will get balcony cabins when the price is right. We do book nicer cabins when using Carnival Early Saver, but tend to go inside or ocean view on Princess, RCL, or Celebrity.

To me the ultimate cruise "want" is having two bathrooms (1 1/2 bath is fine). We book whatever will give us that luxury cheapest we go with that. When we do land vacations we try to do the same. So this year we did one land and one cruise vacation for a week with the 2 bathrooms and then 2 two week vacations with only one. Works for us. There is no right answer here.

There is no right or wrong answer to this question, IMO

I agree. I have just booked an inside cabin on Oceania Regatta because the only accessible cabins they have are inside. The suites would work with the scooter but they are way overpriced for me. Next month we will be on a B2B in a full suite on Princess because the price was very very low at the time I booked and we found a TA who discounted it even further and gave us OBCs.

We have done and do both. We typically sail on celebrity and take a nice cc cabin. However, if a suite guarantee becomes available, and doesn't cost too much more, we upgrade.

However, if I was on a very limited budget, I would rather take three cruises a year in a decent balcony cabin vs. one in a suite. While my DH and I still work, (got to pay for the cruises!), I try to find bargains on either Celebrity or RC. We have stayed in a Central Park view cabin on both the Allure and Oasis and loved the cruise. The cabins were very cost effective. We have sailed in Celebrity Suites on Celebrity and love the amenities-