Vision of the seas

We are on the feb 7th 2015 sailing out of tampa and I am a little concerned about a few things been mentioned about this ship,are my worries warranted or is it a great ship

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

We are on the feb 7th 2015 sailing out of tampa and I am a little concerned about a few things been mentioned about this ship,are my worries warranted or is it a great ship.

Recent threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2047946

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2043460

Did two weeks on Vision in February and absolutely loved it. Just booked a B2B this morning for July. Can't wait! This is a great ship. They are aware of the current complaints and they are being addressed. We'll see first hand next month!

We loved our first cruise on Vision. The only problem I saw was not enough barpersons in the Centrim. Because of this the the R Bar was inundated and not fun to sit at.

As with all weekend cruises I suggest that families be aware that there are usually an inordinate number of drunks on such cruises.

We are on the feb 7th 2015 sailing out of tampa and I am a little concerned about a few things been mentioned about this ship,are my worries warranted or is it a great ship

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Hi,

I am also booked on Vision for first part of Dec, 2014.

I have read most of the recent reviews ...... and even wrote one from our sailing on the Vision ( before the dry dock improvements) in Dec 2012.

I am not worried or concerned ..... short sailings are different than the little longer ones.

Our sailing in Dec and yours in Feb. 2015 ..... that is still a long time away ..... many things can change ..... we might have a different experiance .....perhaps better or may be even worse ...... but I am sure we will still enjoy it ..... and I believe you will like your cruise as well.

It is a very elegant (IMO) ship.

Was on the Vision in April and in early May, the May cruise was the 2nd cruise (and the first 5 day) after it repositioned from Panama. I experienced of some of the complaints that were mentioned here on some of the Cruise Critic threads. In the overall scheme of things IMO they were very minor and did not seriously impact the cruise... just a couple of hiccups.

Scotty G mentioned an inordinate number of cruisers that perhaps were "over served":rolleyes:... that is always a danger on the short 4 and 5 day cruises. At least when the Vision is running out of Tampa you will have a 7 day itinerary, usually less of the party til you puke crowd.

Edited by BillB48

Was on the Vision in April and in early May, the May cruise was the 2nd cruise (and the first 5 day) after it repositioned from Panama. I experienced of some of the complaints that were mentioned here on some of the Cruise Critic threads. In the overall scheme of things IMO they were very minor and did not seriously impact the cruise... just a couple of hiccups.

Scotty G mentioned an inordinate number of cruisers that perhaps were "over served":rolleyes:... that is always a danger on the short 4 and 5 day cruises. At least when the Vision is running out of Tampa you will have a 7 day itinerary, usually less of the party til you puke crowd.

We just got back from a 5 day - wasn't a drink till you puke cruise at all, even the dress in MDR for the most part was very respectful. The ship is nice but not spectacular in my opinion. I think the bar service issue was a letdown. With all the specialty restaurants on such a small ship, it takes away from other possibilities for use of space too.

Like it has been said, any cruise is a great cruise, wouldn't seek out a cruise on Vision again. Much prefer freedom class.

[quote name=WishIwerethere;43027377.....

Like it has been said' date=' any cruise is a great cruise, wouldn't seek out a cruise on Vision again. Much prefer freedom class.[/quote]

I should switch ships with you....... got reservation for Freedom for dec 7, 14.... that I got at very good rate (PR for 369 p/p plus tax/port) that I will have to cancel...... and keep the reservation for Vision.

Nothing wrong with the Freedom..... we enjoyed our cruise on that ship.