Family of 5 pre cruise stay

twingles3

I need suggestions for my family of 5 to stay pre cruise in the Condado Beach area. Hotels seem to only accommodate 4 so I would need a vacation rental on the beach (or a block away)with a pool for 3 nights.

Could you consider two rooms for five people?

If the ages are young, get adjoining rooms, maybe?

Costs too much! For now I booked a 4 person suite, as it gets close I will call to see if they will let us get a rollaway. Still looking for alternatives that people have actually done. Thanks!

I need suggestions for my family of 5 to stay pre cruise in the Condado Beach area. Hotels seem to only accommodate 4 so I would need a vacation rental on the beach (or a block away)with a pool for 3 nights.

Try asking your question over on the family board if you haven't thought of that already. The only hotel that I stayed at in San Juan was the Intercontinental Hotel in the Isle Verde area and I loved it. It's perfect for a family as there is a great pool and beach and there are inexpensive restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

I always stay at La Concha Resort.

It seems that you can't reserve for 5 people in the internet. But perhaps you can call them and ask for an additional bed? They full size suites should be big enough for that - once we stayed there with 4 people.

I always stay at La Concha Resort.

It seems that you can't reserve for 5 people in the internet. But perhaps you can call them and ask for an additional bed? They full size suites should be big enough for that - once we stayed there with 4 people.

We stayed at La Concha last August with 4 people, when I tried to book for 5 it wouldn't let me. I guess I could call.

Try asking your question over on the family board if you haven't thought of that already. The only hotel that I stayed at in San Juan was the Intercontinental Hotel in the Isle Verde area and I loved it. It's perfect for a family as there is a great pool and beach and there are inexpensive restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Good idea, Thanks!

Although not in the Condado area, the Embassy Suites has 2 room suites that can accommodate 5. They also include a cooked to order breakfast and I believe a happy hour. I haven't stayed at this one but have stayed at others because we enjoyed the kids could be separated from us (and we often had 2 TV's). Check the reviews. Photos of the pool area look lovely with a pretty waterfall.

Although not in the Condado area, the Embassy Suites has 2 room suites that can accommodate 5. They also include a cooked to order breakfast and I believe a happy hour. I haven't stayed at this one but have stayed at others because we enjoyed the kids could be separated from us (and we often had 2 TV's). Check the reviews. Photos of the pool area look lovely with a pretty waterfall.

We have stayed here post cruise before, it was nice but... not a great location. AT least they do have 2 bedroom suites so I put a hold on it as it may be our only option. Thanks.

I was going to book the Embassy Suite for the five of us... decided to put a bid with price line; choice a 3 1/2 star for two rooms. Got the Radisson's close to everything, block from beach, tons of places to eat; Walgreens but no free breakfast.

Got both rooms for less than one night at the Embassy.

Cathy

Have you tried Homeaway dot com? We rented a condo that can sleep up to 8 for a couple of nights in January for $115 a night plus cleaning and security fees. It is over in Fajardo by the Bio Bay but I think I saw some listings for the san Juan/ Condado area also. We have also had good luck with Priceline in the past though. It never hurts to try bidding on a pair of rooms in your price range... if they say no, then no harm done. I know we have gotten Caribe Hilton for as cheap as $85 a night per room before and the Radisson Ambassador in Condado for $70. Good luck :D

What price did you get it for on Priceline?

I started low and up paying $75.00 plus fees.. think both rooms were under $200.00..

Did get the $5.00 insurance per room just in case I didn't like it. (know a lot of doctors and boss will give me a letter can't cruise....lol)

Also check out trip advisor and look under vacation rentals.. they do have house/condo's real cheap

Cathy

Edited by rjrice1

Have you tried Homeaway dot com? We rented a condo that can sleep up to 8 for a couple of nights in January for $115 a night plus cleaning and security fees. It is over in Fajardo by the Bio Bay but I think I saw some listings for the san Juan/ Condado area also. We have also had good luck with Priceline in the past though. It never hurts to try bidding on a pair of rooms in your price range... if they say no, then no harm done. I know we have gotten Caribe Hilton for as cheap as $85 a night per room before and the Radisson Ambassador in Condado for $70. Good luck :D

I'll take a look, thanks. We definitely want on the beach and a lot of those condos are off the beach but.... I will keep looking, thanks!

We love staying in Isla Verde at El San Juan Towers. There is a nice large pool and it is located right on the beach. Breakfast is also included with the rooms.

I'll take a look, thanks. We definitely want on the beach and a lot of those condos are off the beach but.... I will keep looking, thanks!

I booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo through a private owner at El San Juan Towers. It is a nice location right on the beach. I found her through one of the rental sites, either Homeaway or VRBO dot com.

We had 2 rooms booked at a hotel and this saved us just a few bucks but it was nice to have us all together in one place. It came with a kitchen also so we were able to go to Publix and buy a few things for us to eat.

I would definately book there again.

I booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo through a private owner at El San Juan Towers. It is a nice location right on the beach. I found her through one of the rental sites, either Homeaway or VRBO dot com.

We had 2 rooms booked at a hotel and this saved us just a few bucks but it was nice to have us all together in one place. It came with a kitchen also so we were able to go to Publix and buy a few things for us to eat.

I would definately book there again.

Thank you!

Anyone have any info on anything similar on Condado beach area, directly on the beach?