USB connection/Inputs on flat screen TVs in rooms

Has anyone tried the WatchOn app that's preinstalled on some Samsung devices on the ship? Since the app acts like a universal remote at home and you just test every code for tv, satellite/cable, surround sound system, etc and choose whichever one works.

I think the cellular charges for your own hotspot would be rather pricey. Can you could connect your laptop to your TV and use it as a large monitor for the slide show presentation? Perhaps someone else can give some ideas or guidance.

Actually, my goal is just to set up a mini-network that would not really use the internet but just go between my phone/hotspot, the chromecast, and whatever wanted broadcast to it, be it another phone or laptop. I've already disabled mobile data for international/non-US travel, and I'm debating about getting the ship's internet at all, as I have teenagers I want to separate from their phones, aside from using them as cameras. But on the other hand, I should perhaps divorce myself from my IT job and just enjoy the cruise too!

I think the cellular charges for your own hotspot would be rather pricey. Can you could connect your laptop to your TV and use it as a large monitor for the slide show presentation? Perhaps someone else can give some ideas or guidance.

Actually, my goal is just to set up a mini-network that would not really use the internet but just go between my phone/hotspot, the chromecast, and whatever wanted broadcast to it, be it another phone or laptop. I've already disabled mobile data for international/non-US travel, and I'm debating about getting the ship's internet at all, as I have teenagers I want to separate from their phones, aside from using them as cameras. But on the other hand, I should perhaps divorce myself from my IT job and just enjoy the cruise too!

Has anyone tried the WatchOn app that's preinstalled on some Samsung devices on the ship? Since the app acts like a universal remote at home and you just test every code for tv, satellite/cable, surround sound system, etc and choose whichever one works.

My experience is that these remote control apps don't function without a functioning Internet connection.

That all makes sense. I do my best to separate from work, as I am married to it on land.

Hope all goes well and enjoy for cruise!

My experience is that these remote control apps don't function without a functioning Internet connection.

Well if I had Internet cause I'll purchase the unlimited Internet. Has anyone tried it?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app