Carnival Dream Cove 2268

Gaprofitt

Hi All,

How is this location? It's a connecting room, it's just me and my son, is that a huge con? Not many to choose from on this particular sailing. What's the difference if I go forward more or back. Never had a Cove balcony.. Any preference to port or starboard?

Good location. It is underneath the lobby sitting area, so it's possible that there could be some noise from above at some times, such as when the breakdancers do their atrium show. But overnight, it should be quiet above you. If you were to go just a few rooms further back, that would put you under the midship dining room, which would be absolutely perfect. It's totally empty all night long, and even during the day, almost no noise gets through. Just don't get a room under the galley, which starts near the midship elevators.

I haven't had a connecting room on a cruise. Most people say it's not a problem. I guess it depends on your neighbors. Port or starboard usually doesn't matter. When I sailed the Dream out of Port Canaveral 3 times, starboard was a better side for how they parked the ship in the ports. Typically though, it's about 50/50, so it doesn't matter.

Edited by k2excursion
because I'm awesome!

We've had connecting rooms with our kids before, and it isn't a problem. There are two doors that need to be opened for the connecting rooms to see each other. One in each room. So even if the other room opens the door, just keep yours locked and they can't see/get in your room.

We have a Cove balcony booked on Dream so just curious how you find out what is above you? We are in 2288. our adults kids are interior across the hall 2292 2296 2300 2304. Anyone familiar with these rooms?

We have a Cove balcony booked on Dream so just curious how you find out what is above you? We are in 2288. our adults kids are interior across the hall 2292 2296 2300 2304. Anyone familiar with these rooms?

I'm also booked for a cove balcony. What I did was check the floor plans on Carnival's site, find the stateroom that I booked, and then just move up or down a level to see what was around me.