Gym on board the AOS

THere are also steam rooms and saunas inside the locker rooms at no charge.

For those following this thread with its ambiguous title, this is referring to Adventure of the Seas.

Allure of the Seas charges for her (co-ed) steam rooms and sauna.

Edited by Daghis

For those following this thread with its ambiguous title, this is referring to Adventure of the Seas.

Allure of the Seas charges for her (co-ed) steam rooms and sauna.

I didn't know the steam rooms and sauna were co-ed. There are no non co-ed steam rooms and saunas on Oasis class in the fitness center?

To add to the info already given, the minimum age to use the Fitness Center is 16 years. No kids under this age are allowed.

The gyms on RCI ships are wonderful - treadmills, ellipticals, stair-masters, stationary bikes, free weights, and some have rowing machines. There may be some complimentary stretch classes; these will be listed in your Cruise Compass. The classes that have a charge will have a little $ sign beside them.

Have fun. :)

I didn't know the steam rooms and sauna were co-ed. There are no non co-ed steam rooms and saunas on Oasis class in the fitness center?

That's correct. It's considered a downside to the pay-for "Thermal Suite" on the Oasis class by many who prefer the gender-separate steam and sauna rooms.

Edited by Daghis

That's correct. It's considered a downside to the pay-for "Thermal Suite" on the Oasis class by many who prefer the gender-separate steam and sauna rooms.

I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with that idea. Some things on Oasis class just make no sense to me.:confused:

Edited by clarea

• 1 month later...

I have recently managed to lose 22lb and really want to avoid piling on the pounds when boarding Adventure tomorrow. I am not a gym goer, but thought that I would venture into the one on AOS and maybe give it a go (you never know I may even enjoy it and continue when I get home :D). Really what I want to know is how helpful the staff are when it comes to people like me who aren't used to using the equipment etc? Thought I would also sign up to a couple of classes.

Edited by ClaireS

I have recently managed to lose 22lb and really want to avoid piling on the pounds when boarding Adventure tomorrow. I am not a gym goer, but thought that I would venture into the one on AOS and maybe give it a go (you never know I may even enjoy it and continue when I get home :D). Really what I want to know is how helpful the staff are when it comes to people like me who aren't used to using the equipment etc? Thought I would also sign up to a couple of classes.

Talk with the staff in the fitness center. You may be interested in a paying for a personal training session. The trainer can familiarize you with equipment specific to your particular goals.

I don't know what they were thinking when they came up with that idea. Some things on Oasis class just make no sense to me.:confused:

They were thinking, "How can we make more money?"

I don't like it, either, and that's why we likely won't be booking Oasis/Allure again in future.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

Hi Claire I know exactly how you feel, I have just lost 3 stone since the beginning of the year, and I board Indy in 7 days, a little worried I am going to undo all my hard work!

But I do intend to enjoy it and have accepted that I will probably put a few pounds on, but I am resolute in the fact I am going to "get back on it" when we get home.

I have been to my local gym today and got one of the staff to do me a basic program I can do when I am on the indy, so I intend to work out at least very other day. If nothing else just do some cardio stuff on the bike and treadmill and a couple of long walks around the jogging track each day.

I also don't drink alcohol anymore, I stopped about 6 months ago for a week and never started again as I felt so good, and I won't be drinking on this cruise.

Hope you have a great holiday,