Accent Inn Park n Cruise or Canada Place Parking?

BRDbabies

I have a quote from both - which would be a more safer and more secure place to leave the car? As we are traveling across the country to get to the port, we will have a roof top cargo carrier on the SUV, as well as a significant amount of "stuff" to leave in the car... which location would be a better choice? Price-wise its about the same for the five of us when you consider the transfers etc.

Thanks for the advice!

I have never used the Accent Inn parking, so please bear this in mind. You need to consider that Canada Place parking is in a dedicated parkade with 24/7 onsite security. Accent Inn will also have security, but it will be part of overall hotel security. Given this, I'd probably opt for Canada Place.

But really, cars can be broken into anywhere, regardless of security. Just make sure your "stuff" is not of the valuable, can't be replaced kind.

Canada Place is underground parking and as noted in the above post has 24/7 security. We'll be leaving our car here when we do a 1-day in September.

As for the Accent Inn, I'm assuming you are speaking of the one in Richmond. If so, parking is outdoors. Whether this plays into your decision making, I'm not sure. As for security, being that it is a hotel, I'm sure there is some but I'm not familiar with it.

As you driving out from Saskatoon, you are likely looking at the Accent Inn in Burnaby which is easily accessed from the 401 but all Accent Inns have only surface parking. The lots are well illuminated and monitored by cams but there is always a risk anywhere....I have had my SUVs broken into several times while parked in parkades downtown ..... one time they even stole my golf clubs.:eek: There is risk everywhere and particularly if you leave good in the SUV in clear sight. All that said if the economics are the about the same there is something to be said about getting off the ship, going directly to your vehicle and getting away ahead of traffic.

Thanks for the advice! We decided to go with the Canada Place Parking for the convenience after the cruise and the Accent Inn Richmond for the ease of access to the airport for the other members of our party who are not driving across the country first!

Putterdude, you are very helpful on all of these forums! Thanks so much for taking time out of your life to help others who have so many questions,. I am sure you must get tired from answering the same questions multiple times, yet you never seem to add "attitude" to your posts! We are actually driving in from Saskatoon via Victoria via Seattle via Spokane via Kalispell Montana...hahaha no direct route for this family! Ending up 10 days in a tent with two teenage girls with the luxuries of a cruise for this momma!

Putterdude, you are very helpful on all of these forums! Thanks so much for taking time out of your life to help others who have so many questions,. I am sure you must get tired from answering the same questions multiple times, yet you never seem to add "attitude" to your posts! We are actually driving in from Saskatoon via Victoria via Seattle via Spokane via Kalispell Montana...hahaha no direct route for this family! Ending up 10 days in a tent with two teenage girls with the luxuries of a cruise for this momma!

Hey if I didn't do this I would have to take up something new....like talking to DW.:D

Have a great family vacation and be sure and wave to me as you sail by, I am on the starboard side about an hour after you pass under the Lions Gate bridge...I'll be watching for you.