Liberty from Galveston Prices

Wow!......I'm glad I booked our Liberty cruise when I did! The price of a junior suite has gone up over $400 since March. I keep checking to see if there's been a price drop but it's going in the wrong direction! :eek:

I suspect the demand will be high, since Liberty is replacing another RC ship, right? It's not ADDING another one, just replacing it (which was a smaller class ship).

I just read that Carnival is adding a 3rd full time ship out of Galveston. Might want to look there for pricing?

Not looking to make this a Carnival vs RC thread, but just throwing that out there.

Glad we booked the repo when we did. JS has gone up $500/each:eek:

Liberty is replacing the Navigator, which a Voyager class - not necessarily small;)

Carnival will have 3 ships here, but RCI has signed a 5 year contract with the Port of Galveston.

Galveston is to greatly improve the pier for RCI. Maybe then they will consider a 2nd ship - to go through the Panama Canal:) Wouldn't that be nice:D

Liberty is replacing the Navigator, which a Voyager class - not necessarily small;)

Carnival will have 3 ships here, but RCI has signed a 5 year contract with the Port of Galveston.

Galveston is to greatly improve the pier for RCI. Maybe then they will consider a 2nd ship - to go through the Panama Canal:) Wouldn't that be nice:D

Yes, it would! BTW....I'll pay the higher price before I'll ever go on another Carnival cruise. :p

Maybe then they will consider a 2nd ship - to go through the Panama Canal:) Wouldn't that be nice:D

The prices went up with the BOGO:eek::rolleyes:

Defiantly would like to see another ship doing anything longer than 7 days out of Galveston :D

I suspect the demand will be high, since Liberty is replacing another RC ship, right? It's not ADDING another one, just replacing it (which was a smaller class ship).

I just read that Carnival is adding a 3rd full time ship out of Galveston. Might want to look there for pricing?

Not looking to make this a Carnival vs RC thread, but just throwing that out there.

Sorry, I have to ask, what carnival ship are they adding?

The prices went up with the BOGO:eek::rolleyes:

Defiantly would like to see another ship doing anything longer than 7 days out of Galveston :D

I think a lot of people booked under the BOGOHO sale an therefore the demand increased making the prices higher. I guess we'll see when the sales are all over. I would expect though a higher than normal cancellation rate which could result in price drops because I know quite a few people reserved multiple cruises early on in the sale and plan on making a decision as it gets closer to final payment time.

Yup! seen the same thing....we are holding the 9 day when she gets to Galveston.

We are holding that one too and have noticed a nice hefty price increase. We booked as soon as the sailing opened.

I think a lot of people booked under the BOGOHO sale an therefore the demand increased making the prices higher. I guess we'll see when the sales are all over. I would expect though a higher than normal cancellation rate which could result in price drops because I know quite a few people reserved multiple cruises early on in the sale and plan on making a decision as it gets closer to final payment time.

There may not be that many suites coming back into inventory. I am not so sure people will book multiple sailings in a GS or above when you have to pay the double deposit. Whenever I am looking at my finances I always add back in the $1000 out there for each RCCL suite booking. that I am holding. I usually don't end up getting the $$$ back. I either change the sail date or book another cruise line and then the charge and credit on the credit card is a wash.