Alaska - HAL Westerdam - My Thoughts

LilacCruiser

I really enjoyed your review. We are thinking about taking another Alaska cruise and considering HAL since we want to visit Sitka.

Can you describe your accommodation on the ship? What type of cabin did you have? Did it have a tub/shower combo?

Thanks!

You can see pictures of lots of different HAL cabins along with comments about some, at Halfacts.com.

I really enjoyed your review. We are thinking about taking another Alaska cruise and considering HAL since we want to visit Sitka.

Can you describe your accommodation on the ship? What type of cabin did you have? Did it have a tub/shower combo?

Thanks!

I don't think you can go wrong with HAL in Alaska, I think they do it very well. And Sitka was lovely.

We were in cabin 1048 on the Main Deck - it was a J Category. There were four of us sharing it (my sister and my 16-year-old slept on the twin beds, my 14-year-old slept on the bed that comes down from the ceiling, and I slept on the pull-out couch/bed), and we had plenty of room! It was an inside cabin, we spared the expense here figuring we wouldn't be in the cabin much, which ended up being the reality. This cabin was VERY large for an inside cabin. My sister is a loyal Princess and Celebrity cruiser, and couldn't believe how large it was. She said she'd never seen a larger inside cabin.

Hope this helps! As an aside, my loyal-Princess-Celebrity sister is now a HUGE HAL fan. She was in awe of how wonderful our experience was :)

Hope this helps!

I don't think you can go wrong with HAL in Alaska, I think they do it very well. And Sitka was lovely.

Thanks for taking time to reply. We are doing a lot of research and you review is very helpful in the decision making process!

• 5 weeks later...

We were in cabin 1048 on the Main Deck - it was a J Category. There were four of us sharing it (my sister and my 16-year-old slept on the twin beds, my 14-year-old slept on the bed that comes down from the ceiling, and I slept on the pull-out couch/bed), and we had plenty of room! It was an inside cabin, we spared the expense here figuring we wouldn't be in the cabin much, which ended up being the reality. This cabin was VERY large for an inside cabin. My sister is a loyal Princess and Celebrity cruiser, and couldn't believe how large it was. She said she'd never seen a larger inside cabin.

Hope this helps! As an aside, my loyal-Princess-Celebrity sister is now a HUGE HAL fan. She was in awe of how wonderful our experience was :)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the information on your room. We leave in couple weeks and are in 1031 and think it's the same as yours. Glad to hear it is roomy. Great review of your trip

Thanks for the information on your room. We leave in couple weeks and are in 1031 and think it's the same as yours. Glad to hear it is roomy. Great review of your trip

Have a wonderful trip! I wish I was going back! I'm missing it immensely - it was a fantastic week. Enjoy!!