NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11184

Stateroom Category – MA - Midship mini suite with balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? – Quiet - we were very near the elevators and it was still amazingly quiet. We did sleep with white noise but that's because we always do.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - We were happy with it. No obstructions of any sort.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I think it was normal. It had 2 chairs and a table. We brought a folding chair so we could have an extra seat and it fit there fine. Also we are both "plus sized" and the chairs were not super comfortable for us because of the arms. The kids were fine.

Was wind a problem? - I don't think it was a problem vs. anywhere else. When it was windy, it was windy. But during normal cruising, you could sit out there just fine.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None that I can think of

Any other comments?

We were a family of four so this is all based on 4 person occupancy.

The photos I'd seen of the mini suite had the couch closer to the balcony but our layout had the bed by the balcony and couch (that turned into bunk beds) closer to the entrance and bathroom. The bathroom was a really nice size and had a big shower with jets. There were two deep drawers in the vanity that easily held all of our things.

There was plenty of storage. The closet is a bit difficult to access because it's right next to the couch, particularly if the bunk bed is set up. But it was fine. We were able to put all of our things away easily and didn't have need for additional storage. I did bring some magnetic hooks for the walls and some over door hooks that we put on the bathroom door (facing into the room as there were already hooks in the bathroom side). We used the hooks for our lanyards and jackets, and I had a few things in a reusable shopping bag on a hook (gloves, hats, etc). All of these things could have gone in the closet or on the top shelf of the closet.

It was a really convenient location. Our steward was very nice and he left cute towel animals for the kids. This was our first cruise and I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and we were able to relax in there without feeling cramped. The kids LOVED the bunk bed.

Edited by lantzalot
to add photos

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11184

Quiet Stateroom? – Quiet - we were very near the elevators and it was still amazingly quiet. We did sleep with white noise but that's because we always do.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I think it was normal. It had 2 chairs and a table. We brought a folding chair so we could have an extra seat and it fit there fine. Also we are both "plus sized" and the chairs were not super comfortable for us because of the arms. The kids were fine.

Was wind a problem? - I don't think it was a problem vs. anywhere else. When it was windy, it was windy. But during normal cruising, you could sit out there just fine.

Any other comments?

The photos I'd seen of the mini suite had the couch closer to the balcony but our layout had the bed by the balcony and couch (that turned into bunk beds) closer to the entrance and bathroom. The bathroom was a really nice size and had a big shower with jets. There were two deep drawers in the vanity that easily held all of our things.

There was plenty of storage. The closet is a bit difficult to access because it's right next to the couch, particularly if the bunk bed is set up. But it was fine. We were able to put all of our things away easily and didn't have need for additional storage. I did bring some magnetic hooks for the walls and some over door hooks that we put on the bathroom door (facing into the room as there were already hooks in the bathroom side). We used the hooks for our lanyards and jackets, and I had a few things in a reusable shopping bag on a hook (gloves, hats, etc). All of these things could have gone in the closet or on the top shelf of the closet.

It was a really convenient location. Our steward was very nice and he left cute towel animals for the kids. This was our first cruise and I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and we were able to relax in there without feeling cramped. The kids LOVED the bunk bed.

I wasn’t able to add photos from my computer so I’m trying from my phone.

3275426bc4f7bad1399ad24a8fa697ad.jpg

Bunk set up:

a9e294def8ec96dddf888d5628a8e8cf.jpg

Balcony:

045cb63164a0cb33ffcbbdcb6547c5bf.jpg

Looking forward from the balcony:

d3bcf0998ef38d8b3ef6872b4bc12085.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

Ship - Jade

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11106

Stateroom Category – MB - Mini Suite with a Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? – Yes. It was right below the Garden Cafe but we never heard anything unless we were sitting outside.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No

Balcony View - Great viewm no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Regular sized, I believe. There were 2 charis and small tanle on the balcony.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -Only issue was that you couldn't open the closet door fully as the bed was next to it.

Any other comments? N/A

Ship - Sun

Deck - 4

Stateroom # - 4208

Stateroom Category – OV - ocean view

Quiet Stateroom? – Not really. Noises could be heard at all times even late in the night from the machine rooms below. Also A/C fan inside the room was loud.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No

Balcony View - N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A, but the port window was a great size even though it was not a picture window.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Just A/C fan.

Any other comments? N/A

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 17726

Stateroom Category – H5 - Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. Haven Restaurant above but no noticeable noise inside cabin that impacted. Noise from Ping Pong table, pool events - at times - noticeable on Balcony.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view, no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was much wider than normal. Had room for 2 Chaise Lounges (requested from Steward), 2 chairs, side table and still walk around. (Balcony appears to utilize next door storage locker width.)

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not really.

Design of one of closets (FWD side) - sliding door "fights" with clothing (closet narrow) and 2

bottom drawers on non hanging side can't open if sliding door is not completely shut.

Lights are very functional but under electronic control. Took a while to figure out how to turn

on/off some of the lights due to lighting "modes" and multiple electronic switches.

Fold out bed (small couch) is right in front of balcony door. Use would make things a bit tight.

Any other comments? -

Room:

Cabin has a lot of storage for 2.

Comfortable bed. Pillows are a bit tall and firm for my taste. Lots of storage for suitcases under.

Linens/towels were changed regularly. Always fresh. Room kept very clean.

Portable telephone that can be used around the ship is very convenient for staying in touch. Bliss

option for texting via mobile app seemed to not work or was not obvious. Thus, having this offering

was wonderful vs paying for CellAtSea.

Buttons to indicate Do Not Disturb, Make Up Cabin were great.

Similar to the Fairmont Gold experience, the Haven Staff provided an amazing quality experience.

o Haven Butler and Steward constantly checked in, offering assistance. Not overbearing but present.

Very personable. First day, asked if we had any special requests. From then on, regularly brought

trays of snacks, ice, iced tea, etc. - plus any requests we had indicated. Great towel animals!

o Haven Bar service friendly and efficient. Again, present but not overbearing. Very entertaining with

great senses of humor. Always smiling

o Haven Restaurant provided warm welcomes, friendly service, great views and excellent food. (Same

menu all week with daily special. Also has morning buffet offering.) We found that the restaurant

earned our loyalty and eliminated desire to go elsewhere.

o Horizon Lounge provided beautiful views and snacks during most waking hours - starting around 7am.

Seating can be limited and some folks would "save" multiple seats for family members that were not

there. But that's not the fault of the Lounge.

o Allowed one to be removed from the chaos of the main ship, when desired, but be only a few steps from

it when wanted. Benefit of both a small ship and the massive one that the BLISS is.

Ship - Escape

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10220

Stateroom Category – BC

Quiet Stateroom? – NO! For being the sister ship of the Breakaway, this ship was the noisiest one we have ever been on. We could hear our neighbors' talking, their movements and their TV both above and on each side -- continuously. Did not experience that on the Breakaway. The Escape has very thin walls. Also, the stateroom doors are ridiculous and there was constant door slamming up and down the hallway and even above! The balcony was slightly larger than the Breakaway, but the room was smaller.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes.

Balcony View - the red lifeboats are one deck down, so you cannot see directly down into the water, but it did not affect our enjoyment of the balcony and there is plenty to see when looking out at sea.

Balcony Size? Bigger than on the Breakaway

Was wind a problem? - We noticed that the Escape balcony doors did not shut and seal as well as they did on the Breakaway. We heard constant whistling and rattling from the balcony door!

Any specific problems with this cabin? - It is much further away from the elevators than it appears on the diagram. The shortest walk to the elevator is to go to the forward elevators rather than aft. The shower is ridiculous -- if you drop the soap, forget trying to bend over to pick it up -- you have to open the door and step partly out as the shower is a very tight space!

Any other comments? - The couch in the room is the cheapest material and design we have ever had. It is very wide to sit on and makes for an uncomfortable seat area -- especially if you are a short person. And the cushion were a very cheap material (and itchy) and it was too small and left an inch gap of wood under it -- causing one to constantly bang their leg or knee. We also didn't like the location of the air vent -- right over the closet, which is aimed right at the bed. Trying to sleep was difficult as the air flow would get very cold and you'd wake up uncomfortably cold!

Finally, for some bizarre reason, the sheets on the bed were too small. They didn't fit width or length wise and left very little room for coverage -- and kept coming off the mattress as you slept. We were constantly trying to arrange them so we both had coverage -- annoying!

Overall we liked the Breakaway better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ship - Escape

Deck - 15

Stateroom # - 15752

Stateroom Category – B9

Quiet Stateroom? – We never heard either of the neighboring rooms or talking in the hall but during the day did here the ding of the elevator arriving to the floor as this room was the first room when entering the hallway from the elevator “lobby.” In addition, the ping pong tables on deck 16 are right above this room and you could often hear the players jumping/running and sometimes deck chairs. It was a bit annoying but only my fault for not reviewing the deck plans more carefully.

Balcony View - View good looking out but not up due to overhang. Never had sun on balcony because of overhang but this is good for fair-skinned people.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Only noise as stated above

Any other comments?

This was the closest cabin to the spa and since it was a spa cabin includes thermal spa access which was wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2014 at 8:32 PM, jordans mom said:

We just returned from an Eastern Caribbean Cruise-October 14-21, 2018

Ship -NCL Getaway

Deck -14

Stateroom # -14754

Stateroom Category –spa balcony mini-suite

Starboard or Port Side -starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –There were some problems. We were under the beginning of the pool deck. We could hear crew putting out chairs in the morning about 6 am-a lot of scraping and banging. This noise lasted for about 20 minutes. Some mornings I slept thru the noise, but several mornings it woke me up.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -normal

Was wind a problem? -no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -no

Any specific problems with this cabin? -no

Any other comments? -we enjoyed the spa privileges and the nice sized bathroom, but I would not pick this room again.

Ship -NCL Bliss

Deck -14

Stateroom # - 14832

Stateroom Category –BA

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet inside, balcony noisy from music playing in the pool area.  Not a big issue.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View is good, balcony is slanted so relatively wide angle view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Oversized.  Fits a small table, two chairs and a chaise lounge.

Was wind a problem? -  No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  Not an aft cabin.  No soot issues

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Closet design is less than optimal.  Obstructed at left end, narrow space between couch and closet.

Any other comments? - Would book this stateroom again.  Only 110 V outlets are on one side of room, had to obtain extension cord to use CPAP machine.  Shower is a nice size.  

• Like 2

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 17124

Stateroom Category – H5

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet, no problems.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was glorious, no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - If you use the shower be sure to put towels around the outside of the drains, as this is an accessible cabin and there is no barrier. Towels worked fine!

Any other comments? - This is an accessible cabin and quite roomy.

Edited by valleyvillage

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 16

Stateroom # - 16010

Stateroom Category – Haven, H4 (2 BR, 2 BA Suite, called the Lily Villa)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - (no, although the second bedroom can apparently be made into a separate single suite as it has a separate cabin number on it’s door).

Balcony View - Yes. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Not huge, but a very good size and deep (holds two padded outdoor club chairs in faux wicker and two small side tables) and was very adequate for 3 view-loving adults and awe were often all three out there.

Was wind a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - it’s important to lock the heavy and large sliding door between the den area and the master bed/bath when the door is opened (a lock is there that allows it to be locked in place) so it does not slide with rough seas.

Any other comments? - loved it, hands down the best suite we have ever had. The very fast access to the private observation deck from this cabin (for those who love the view, especially on Alaska sailings) makes it rather perfect (and has equally fast access to the pool/hot tub area and elevator, but without any associated noise).  We would (and have) selected similar suites again, highly recommend!

5E52B819-4270-458F-9939-4D7915963F5C.jpeg

EBAAC563-E658-46D9-BA55-132A6CD422C1.jpeg

BEC2F7DF-00BE-45D8-8312-3D7D2B4CEE4D.jpeg

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

Ship - Gem

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9588

Stateroom Category - BA

Starboard or Port side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? - yes

Balcony view - unobstructed 

Balcony size - normal

Was wind a problem? - some nights the wind caused the balcony door to whistle and creak

Any specific problems with this cabin?  - the toilet clogged on the first and last day. The plumber came right away and drained it from the outside. We had little hot water on the last day but I think that was a ship wide issue.  A bit dark at night and needs another side table by the bed. The toilet is ridiculously tight. I’m small and could barely fit. It’s nice to have a shower with a sliding door but no need for a door by the toilet too.

Any other comments? - good location close to elevator/stairs but not close enough to be bothersome. Very clean, bed pretty comfortable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Escape

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 17122

Stateroom Category – H5

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet, we didn't hear any noise at all

Balcony View - Port side view, no obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No issues with cabin during our cruise

Any other comments? -

Ship - Escape

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5706  (same/true for 5708 and 5106 or 5108 portside)

Stateroom Category – Oceanview large picture window, accessible

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard (Midship/Fwd - ahead of forward elevators/stairs) 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – not applicable

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - not applicable

Was wind a problem? - no, lowest passenger deck

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - not applicable 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - toilet didn't flush on last sea day, likely due to clogged sewage plumbing line somewhere in the area.  Guest Services called, confirmed "no" flushing & notified plumbing,  services restored about 2 hours later when we returned mid-afternoon. 

Water pressure seemed low flow, probably from conservation measures.

Beware that late night, you will probably heard noises from overhead around 11 pm to as late as 12:30 AM as it is the area below the Escape Theater, with heavy furniture & equipment being moved around ... not sure whether it's stage sets or what.  Being late night owls, it really didn't trouble us.  

Any other comments? -

This is a very "spacious" oceanview stateroom, oversized & well designed for cruisers with acccessible needs, the door will open automatically and closed on its own, but safety sensor will reverse it if you are slow.  There is a switch behind the entry door to tap to open & close it; and, a 3 prong 110 volts outlet to recharge motorized scooters, wheelchairs or other gears.  If you need to connect a CPAP on the far side of the bed or any other equipment to the TV area, best to bring your own 10' to 12' electrical extension cord (15' will be fine & probably better) 

Unlike almost all other Inside/Oceanview & even Balcony staterooms in the Breakaway/Plus class ships, this come with a chair with a seat-back, much more comfortable than the "storage" stool.  There are no USB charging port(s) - yet - under the LED swivel bed reading-lamp.  With 3x 110 volts outlet next to the bed plus 1x 220 volts outlet (bring an 220-110 round plug adapter) and you have 4 outlets to use nearby; plus a 5th one near the entry door.  6th outlet inside the bathroom is for shaver & electric toothbrush, or low amp charging use only (i.e. smartphone)

The mini-safe is "universal"  and standardized, and smaller than the ones on the Breakaway,  with the Gem/Dawn/Jewel class ships having a much larger min-safe.  This one will be just enough for a mini iPad, a regular iPad probably won't fit. 

Plenty of closet and storage space, a TSA-compliant 22" rollerboard will fit inside one of the several shelves.  Storage space inside the well-designer bathroom is however, very limited - here, a hanging organizer would be useful at the "proper" user height.  Beware of wet floor during/after using the shower, despite the floor drains as some water might get splashed around the movable shower curtain with the folding seat; and, safety grab bars are well placed - help/call button within easy reach, if needed.  

Unlike other staterooms, there is no "deadbolt" to lock the door for privacy when one is inside the room, i.e. sleeping at night, etc. - by design, so that staff and/or Room Steward can quickly enter for emergency and to give help when called upon, without needing to breakdown the door.  When the extra-wide entry door is wide open, anyone walking by can see into the cabin, it is a compromise with privacy. 

Collage 2018-10-30 16_08_03.jpg

Collage 2018-10-30 16_11_00.jpg

Collage 2018-11-06 10_49_46.jpg

Collage 2018-11-02 23_18_03.jpg

Collage 2018-10-31 15_30_23.jpg

Collage 2018-10-30 16_11_00.jpg

Collage 2018-10-30 16_08_03.jpg

Collage 2018-10-30 16_14_41.jpg

Collage 2018-10-30 16_15_47.jpg

Collage 2018-10-30 16_18_48.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Ship -     Breakaway

Deck -    5

Stateroom # - 5142

Stateroom Category – O1

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Right under a Crew Only type of room and can hear chairs being dragged sometimes.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  NA

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - NA

Was wind a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? – Bed is right in the middle of the room and long. The walk way from front to back of cabin is small (see picture). Larger luggage cannot be pulled to the other side of bed; had to be carried over.

Any other comments? – Toilet button had to be pushed a couple of times before working correctly. Lots of storage spaces. HDMI can be plugged into TV for the kids to play games on their PS4.

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2018 at 9:56 PM, lantzalot said:

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11184

Any other comments?

How do you know if you get a bunk bed?  Everything on the rooms seems to say 2 lower beds that make one queen.  We have 2 teenagers and we've always had bunk beds in the past, which works great!

Ship - Norwegian Spirit

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11078 - mid ship

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Deck 12 is above that includes pool area, seating, bar, etc. Around 4am each morning I could hear chairs being moved around. You could also hear people walking and running on the deck above. Would not recommend for light sleepers. Also, could hear noise between cabins on either side. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Since Deck 11 is just below Deck 12 with all the amenities, Deck 12 overhangs Deck 11 around mid ship. So, you're looking up at the overhang. Gives one a closed in feeling.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - not applicable

Any specific problems with this cabin? - desk was a bit small, otherwise no other issues

Any other comments? -

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Getaway   Nov. 25, 2018 sailing

Deck - 16

Stateroom # - 16108

Stateroom Category – 2 BR suite

Starboard or Port Side - didn't matter since the ship docked forward and backwards - depending on the port would determine what side you were on. 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  Overall was quiet.  Every now and then you could hear a chair move on the sundeck above but that was minimal. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Perfect balcony view - no obstructions

Balcony Size? -  not very "deep" ....smaller than other NCL ships with the same cabin.  May be hard for someone who is tall to sit in front of the railing directly and not on an angle. 

Was wind a problem? -  Depending on the day you could feel the wind

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Window in master bath above the soaking tub had a seal broken so it was very foggy and full of condensation.  We were told it would take 6 months to order a new window as it had just been replaced a few weeks prior.  Obstructs the lovely view you are supposed to get.  This was a total bummer.  Probably won't get fixed until dry dock spring 2019.

Any other comments? -  Good location - close to the pool and lounge.  Lots of storage for a family or multiple adults. 

Ship - Pearl

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9020 (also same comments for 9040)

Stateroom Category – BC

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great location, and could see into the bridge overhang, which was kind of cool! 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal.  Space for 2 chairs and a teeny tiny table.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - We LOVED it, especially the balcony!  Just enough room for 2 (I don't know how more than 2 ever enjoy a standard size stateroom though!), closet had plenty of hangers, lots of shelf space, 3 well-sized drawers.  I liked that there was a light in the closet, but I didn't even notice it until halfway through the cruise!  Enough outlets, and the USB ports in the bedside sconces were great!  Asked for foam mattress topper after first night, bed was perfectly soft and comfy after that.  I wish there had been room for a second bedside table, but hubby made do with putting his stuff on the adjacent sofa bed.  Shower mixing valve seems a little crazed... when the ship would move side to side, the temperature would increase or decrease slightly... More of a quirk than a real issue for me.  Air conditioning was never quite cold enough for our tastes, but we like it cool!  Walking past the bed is a bit of a one-way street, but we made it work.  

Any other comments? - Close to the elevator, but out of the way so not a lot of noisy traffic in the halls.  Sandwiched between staterooms above and below, so no noise issues at all.  Great location if you have a spa pass, as the spa is just a quick elevator ride directly up to deck 12!!  A bit far from the buffet, but maybe the walk is a good thing!?    Very happy with the decor post-renovation!  Beautiful colour scheme.  

46744460_10161018934160257_8451837958775898112_o.jpg

Ship: Escape

Deck: 12

Storeroom #: 12631

Category: Midship Inside

This was not a connecting storeroom, and it was very quiet at the end of a hallway. It was also conveniently located near the forward elevators. However, there was an awkward pole outside the door. It was also the smallest inside that we have ever had, but I think that's just The Escape. Overall we really liked this room. If it wasn't for the pole, we would book it again.

On 12/7/2018 at 1:03 PM, trician24 said:

Starboard or Port Side - didn't matter since the ship docked forward and backwards - depending on the port would determine what side you were on.

The question of "Starboard or Port Side" refers to which side of the ship that the stateroom is on. Think of it like "driver's side vs. passenger side" of a car in America. 

Your stateroom (16108) is port side no matter which way that the ship is docked. 

Ship -  Epic

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12562

Stateroom Category – Studio

Starboard or Port Side - 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Mostly.  I could hear the cabin next door as if we were in the same room (talking on phone, phone ringing, shower, vacuuming.. etc) I am not sure if this was because it was a connecting stateroom as I did not hear anything on the other side. Also, could hear house keeping every morning, which is kind of annoying if you are trying to sleep in.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not really 

Any other comments? - I was worried about feeling closed in given it was a studio, however it was much more spacious than I expected, there was plenty of room.  could use a few more hangers but other than that it was a great room.

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12272

Stateroom Category - BA (mid)

Quiet Stateroom? Yes. No outside noise at all.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No.

Balcony View - This cabin has an angled balcony, facing forward. We totally enjoyed that! You can ask for a lounger chair and it fits just great on the wide end of the balcony.

Balcony Size? Slightly larger than others in the same stateroom class because of the angle.

Was wind a problem? No, we didn't notice any excessive wind at all. Please note we were on a Panama Canal cruise, so in Alaska that may be different.

Only "problem" I found with this cabin was that there are no drawers, which made it awkward to store underwear and socks.

The location is great - just off the aft elevator lobby on a corner. No traipsing down long hallways while avoiding cleaning carts. No noise from the elevator at all. This was a great room that I would totally book again (and bring baskets for undies & socks!)

On 6/22/2014 at 9:32 PM, jordans mom said:

Ship - Escape

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12866

Stateroom Category – BB (midship balcony)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. Occasionally heard people running through halls but nothing specific to the room or location.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstruction. Beautiful views and sunrises/sunsets.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - the couch is closer to the entrance; the bed closer to the balcony. Sleeps 4, with a pulldown from the ceiling.