NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Ship - NCL Star

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12518

Stateroom Category – Family Suite SJ

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. At times could hear runners above but only during the day.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – 

No obstructions. No balcony. Floor to ceiling windows. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - 

No balcony

Was wind a problem? - N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The bathroom lighting was low due to recent changes. Hopefully they will fix this.

Any other comments? - Great stateroom for 4. There is a large Murphy bed and sofa bed. Room dividers and curtains can seperate the sleeping areas for additional privacy. Great location. 

C8373875-BF35-424D-87D1-B76BF3340364.jpeg

D6109BA1-4B70-4F2D-95DC-253FAC91C81D.jpeg

BD7E4245-1E66-45BF-818F-63D51C418E2E.jpeg

FF77713B-527E-4434-9774-0E931CE247F6.jpeg

07A91F50-0838-4292-B6D0-9EFAD8EFAD85.jpeg

99D60194-75FA-4C73-8A69-308B0257A99B.jpeg

C2BFABF9-2939-45CD-A77F-4BD40FD1D755.jpeg

66BB5A85-DBBA-4354-8DFC-21C08C88C387.jpeg

C8930018-2345-4E5A-95FC-28722BC51C5F.jpeg

8961C2A0-5C53-42F8-A9D3-810F51B0D54B.jpeg

0B11588D-ACA5-4E45-9767-FEED205ECE32.jpeg

Ship -NCL Breakaway

Deck - 5

Stateroom # -5158

Stateroom Category – Family Oceanview

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No problems.  Loved Deck 5.  Easy to get to Decks 6, 7 and 8 where the  restaurants are.  

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No balcony and no obstruction

Was wind a problem? -

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? -  This cabin sleeps 5.  2 singles that are put together, a sofa bed that sleeps 2 and a pull down bed over the sofa bed.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ship -  Breakaway

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9770

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – no. Directly across hall from door to crew door where housekeeping came in and out. Housekeeping cart was always in the hall right outside the door. Noise was made when stewards would fill ice buckets out of a cooler on the cart, which happened often. Cooler kid would bang when it dropped close, ice buckets were metal, so scooping into the, was loud. Also, there was another loud noise that happened often, related to whatever went on behind the door. Sounded like a giant ice machine dumping its ice. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no physical obstructions, but lots of light from a spotlight below, on Deck 7, next to a big white square thing that had inflatable lifeboats in it.  Too much light for me at night. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? -

Ship - Getaway

Deck - 13

Stateroom - 13170

Stateroom Category - Midship Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) - Yes, It was right by the forward elevators and stairs but quiet.  Except for the occasional passengers running thru the hall way.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions.  to the left below was the roof of deck 8 and directly below was deck 7.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - This was seriously the smallest balcony I have ever had.  To sit in the two chairs you needed to be facing one another because you couldn't face the water.

Was wind a problem? - no

Any other comments? - Someone was smoking on their balcony on the floor below us and the smoke would carry up to our balcony and room if we left the door open.

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12443

Stateroom Category – Inside Family Handicap

Starboard or Port Side - Inside Center

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Stateroom was very quiet, no noise issues

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Inside Cabin

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems

Any other comments? - This cabin is an inside handicapped cabin.  The cabin was at least 50% bigger than a regular Inside Family Cabin that was 2 doors from us.  My best guess is around 200 sf.  The cabin is very well laid out for a wheelchair, no raised doorway to the bathroom.  The cabin has an automatic door so that when you swipe keycard door opens.  Plenty of handrails in the bathroom for support.  Roll-in shower with a hinged shower seat.  Mirror tilted down for a better view from a chair.  

The room itself had space for a person in the wheelchair and for traveling companion to move around.  The cabin could handle a 3rd passenger,   The upper bunk extended over the right side of the bed, but not enough to be an issue. Plenty of storage space and the clothes rod in the closet pivots out so that the clothing is in easy reach.

Ship -Epic

Deck -9

Stateroom # -9029

Stateroom Category –balcony suite

Starboard or Port Side -starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Very quiet room.  Bathroom smelled like stale urine no matter how many times it was cleaned.  We had our room steward clean it several times and I cleaned it from ceiling to floor with bleach wipes and it still stunk.  It stuck up the entire cabin and we had to wash all of our clothes to get rid of the smell once we got off the ship.  Guest services said  it's not their problem if our cabin stinks.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –Balcony was twice as deep as other balconies.  We loved the space!  We spent a large part of our cruise on our balcony. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Twice as deep as regular blaconies

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -

Ship - Star

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11060

Stateroom Category – SC

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Not always. It is under the tables and chairs on the pool deck and there is some noise. Nothing that was a deal breaker for us, though. Would sail here again!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - 

Yes. Connects with Stateroom # 11062

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, great views.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for class. 574 sq ft. Two full loungers, two armchairs.

Was wind a problem? - No.

Any other comments? - The wonderful bed fits quite snugly into the alcove, so we had to sidle sideways (is that redundant?) to the foot of the bed. There are four TVs in this suite! Two bathrooms came in handy. Be sure to have your butler explain the light switches and how the master bathroom shower works. One control for the temperature. The other three control the different showerheads. Once I got the hang of it, I loved it. 

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 15

Stateroom # - 15108

Stateroom Category – H4

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  Yes.  Only recurring noise was the sound of gurgling water.  Rather subtle.  Slooshing noise probably coming from the pipes in nearby staterooms.  More obvious in the "kid's bedroom" where I was sleeping.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  No problems.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Pretty small balcony.  Only could hold 2 chairs and a small table.

Was wind a problem? -  No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  NA (cabin is port side and forward), no soot or smoke noted.

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Foggy window over tub in main bathroom.  TV's (there are three) are pretty old.  Channel availability also limited.  Otherwise a great cabin.

Any other comments? -  This was my first experience in the Haven.  Upgraded to this Family Suite.  Really appreciated having 2 bedrooms since I travel with a friend and we have two different schedules in the morning.  It was great to not have to "creep" in and out of the cabin for my gym trips while my travel buddy snoozed away.  Separate thermostats that worked well.  One of us prefers meat locker temperatures, one of us is quite normal in that respect.  Haven experience (primarily the restaurant) was awesome!

Bathroom Winddow 2 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Bathroom Window 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Bathtub15108 Breakaway.JPG

Bedroom 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Desk 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Dressing Area 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Living Room 2 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Living Room 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Outside Logo 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Shower 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Table 15108 Breakaway.JPG

Edited by Mike D.
redo images
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 10:19 AM, misguy said:

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12443

Stateroom Category – Inside Family Handicap

Starboard or Port Side - Inside Center

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Stateroom was very quiet, no noise issues

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Inside Cabin

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems

Any other comments? - This cabin is an inside handicapped cabin.  The cabin was at least 50% bigger than a regular Inside Family Cabin that was 2 doors from us.  My best guess is around 200 sf.  The cabin is very well laid out for a wheelchair, no raised doorway to the bathroom.  The cabin has an automatic door so that when you swipe keycard door opens.  Plenty of handrails in the bathroom for support.  Roll-in shower with a hinged shower seat.  Mirror tilted down for a better view from a chair.  

The room itself had space for a person in the wheelchair and for traveling companion to move around.  The cabin could handle a 3rd passenger,   The upper bunk extended over the right side of the bed, but not enough to be an issue. Plenty of storage space and the clothes rod in the closet pivots out so that the clothing is in easy reach.

I just posted a detailed cabin review on my blog  Https://www.travelingwithachair.com.

I posted a video tour here : 

• 2 weeks later...

Norwegian Cruise Line NCL

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9668

Stateroom Category – OK-BA (Balcony AFT)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments or problems) – There was quite a lot of 'creaking' and 'cracking' type of noises. Could hear some scraping noises from above cabin area.

Balcony View – No obstruction. Docked in 2 Caribbean ports where the view was another cruise ship.

Balcony size - Normal Balcony appearance could be improved with painting of the rust spots and wood railing varnished. 

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - no

Any other comments? - the couch is close to the balcony door. The bed closer to the entrance.Sleeps 2. 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2014 at 8:32 PM, jordans mom said:

Special thanks to Mysticks1 on the Celebrity Cruises forum for this idea. I would like to begin to assemble one for NCL

To the moderators, I would appreciate if we could make this a "sticky" at the top of the page for all to see.

Twice a month - I will try to post a PDF for all the ships and cabin information compiled here.

Please, refrain from posting cabin questions here so this can purely be an informative thread, especially for those that are first time cruisers or seasoned cruisers looking for a great cabin.

The template is as follows:

Ship -

Deck -

Stateroom # -

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Was wind a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -

Hello Jordons mom,

I will be on my first NCL cruise in June2019. In 1997 the only cabin left on the ship to the Fjords of Norway was a stern cabin and we were pleasantly surprised. Since then we have always tried for a stern cabin. We will have one on the Bliss and I will try to remember to report on it. Soot has never been a problem on any stern cabin we have had except maybe in 1975 on an old ship. I don't think any NCL ship should have any soot problem.

After 51 cruises we have learned to always bring wax ear plugs because unavoidable noise can sometimes be a problem. The only drawback to the stern cabins are how far they are to walk to.

For Alaskan cruises  bring clothes pins if you have a veranda to pin the drapes together since it is daylight into the night. If you like a dark room sometimes the drapes don't seal out the light well. I would expect NCL Bliss to have a way to prevent this without us using our clothes pins.  This will be our 6th Alaskan trip.

I think this is a great thread and I hope I can contribute after our next cruise. Yes, we will have a stern cabin. On all the other stern cabins we have had, mostly on Celebrity Ships, the verandas are larger than the port and starboard ones. I  will measure it.

If you think this post is not on topic, you can delete it or ask me to delete it. I just was trying to contribute something. Oh, I forgot one can't delete their own post anymore on Cruise Critic.

• Like 1

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5790 and 5792

Stateroom Category – OB Family Ocean View

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Nope. Constant dragging, mechanical noise. Possibly from bowling alley in decks above. Loud enough to keep light sleepers awake and distract those who struggle to fall asleep.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – None.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Just noise.

Any other comments? -

Ship - NCL Getaway

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10802

Stateroom Category – Mini Suite

Nice room, nice bathroom wide double sink, multi-jet full sized shower and our Steward "Asep" was very responsive and helpful.
No bites, no bugs, no problems

Ship - NCL Star

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12010

Stateroom Category – SG

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes.  Could hear anchor being dropped but generally quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  Good views.  Interesting port hole looks onto balcony besides the inside slider.  

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Fits two chairs, a small table and a lounger.  I'd say normal sized.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  Not an aft cabin and no soot problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Ugly rust in balcony area, painted over on the 6th day of the cruise...still looked ugly.  Slider lock was broken with hand lettered "open" and "close" written on it...but that didn't make it work. See photos.

Any other comments? -  Nice family suite with balcony that trades inside space for a balcony.  We did use the balcony...not sure whether the trade in space was worth it.  It did have a second TV which we used with a DVD player we brought to watch some movies and play Window Channel videos.  That was a positive over the standard 12th deck family suite.

Cabin 12010 Rust.JPG

Balcony Slider.JPG

Balcony 1.JPG

Balcony Rust Paint Over 2.JPG

Balcony 4.JPG

Balcony 5.JPG

Balcony 2.JPG

On 2/25/2019 at 2:53 PM, Cruising Oma53 said:

Norwegian Cruise Line NCL

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9668

Stateroom Category – OK-BA (Balcony AFT)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments or problems) – There was quite a lot of 'creaking' and 'cracking' type of noises. Could hear some scraping noises from above cabin area.

Balcony View – No obstruction. Docked in 2 Caribbean ports where the view was another cruise ship.

Balcony size - Normal Balcony appearance could be improved with painting of the rust spots and wood railing varnished. 

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - no

Any other comments? - the couch is close to the balcony door. The bed closer to the entrance.Sleeps 2. 

Which ship was this on? You just said NCL.

• Like 1

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12500

Stateroom Category – SA -- Deluxe Owner's Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Forward facing, but port side of center

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  We only heard noise from adjoining cabins once, but we heard a lot of shaking and shuddering of the ship. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  No 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – We didn't have a balcony, but we had awesome forward-facing views. We honestly found that we did not miss the balcony at all. 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - We really heard the creaking of the ship in this cabin. 

Any other comments? - A few things about this cabin -- the above-mentioned noise of ship movement was a bit annoying. In addition, we could really, really feel the movement of the ship because of the high deck/forward location. 

We booked this particular cabin because we needed a second bedroom. Although the DOS on the outside have huge living rooms, we didn't mind the smaller living area in this cabin -- it was larger than the living area in the 2-bedroom cabins one the mega ships. 

The fridge is the standard small fridge, which got a bit crowded with the included mixers that were constantly replenished. 

Our only major complaints were the lack of storage in the master bathroom (we ran into the same problem in SD cabin on the Dawn) and how dark the master bedroom/bath were. I really wanted a few more lights. There also weren't any outlets by the beds, which made charging things a little more difficult.

Overall, we were happy with this cabin and would book it again, especially on a port-heavy itinerary.

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 17 forward 

Cabin - 17706

Category - H5 Haven Courtyard Penthouse Suite

Issues -  No issues beautiful cabin, great location

FYI -  Deck 17 has larger balconies then deck 18

Edited by Chesneygirl

Ship - Epic

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12266

Stateroom Category – Mini Suite 

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  Yes, only heard if kids were running down hallway which wasn't often

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  No 

Balcony View - standard

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal size, 2 chairs and a table

Was wind a problem? -  no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? It was near the rear elevators which was nice. No bathtub, just a large shower stall. Bed is nearer door, with couch next to balcony.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - NCL Sun

Deck - 8

Stateroom # -8078

Stateroom Category –aft balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – There was noise. Since we were right above the theater, you could hear when the show started. It really wasn't that bad, but realize you do know when the shows start. Also, there was some engine noise and vibration when the ship was changing course. When it happened, it could get very loud.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes. And we pleasantly found out that if you have the same last name as the connecting suite (and are family), the door can be opened and it is now considered a "family suite" with all the privileges of a suite.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.  The show noise and engine vibration is all worth the price of the beautiful, aft view, especially when cruising through the fjords. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No. in fact, the aft location was more protected from the cold wind and rain, especially when we cruised the "Avenue of Glaciers."

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None, other that the afore mentioned noise. The room is a little smaller than a regular balcony room, but the aft location more than makes up for any problems.

Ship -Breakaway

Deck - 16

Stateroom # - 16122

Stateroom Category – 2BR Haven Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – We did not hear any outside noises.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, great view from shower and tub picture windows as well as the balcony.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I would say small, only room for 2 chairs and small table. This was not an issue at all for us since there is such an awesome view from master bath.

Was wind a problem? - NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments - I can't say enough how wonderful this cabin and the Haven experience that comes with it is. This cabin is 10 steps from the Haven pool or Haven bar and 20 steps from the restaurant. Extremely convenient for enjoying all the luxuries that come with it. Despite being so close, we never heard any noise from the hall. There were always lounge chairs available in both levels of pool area and on sun deck despite the cruise being full, so this benefit from the room was invaluable.

Ship - Escape

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14808

Stateroom Category – BA

Quiet Stateroom?– Very.  The only time we heard much noise is when we had the balcony open and there was a party w/ loud music going on at the pool and the spring breakers were out hollaring.  That never went on for long or until late.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? - Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none

Any other comments? - We had a family set-up.  The overhead bed pulled down from the ceiling above the sofa bed.  My 7 yr old liked the top 'bunk' and my 12 yr old, 5'6 & 160, had plenty of room of the sofa bed.  We had the 2 beds pushed together to make a queen and we were next to the balcony with the kids closer to the bathroom.  It was a perfect set-up.  We never felt any vibration just a gentle rocking that I think is typical from being on a ship.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 15

Stateroom # - 15100

Stateroom Category –  H5

Starboard or Port Side - IDK

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  Very quiet at the end of a long hallway.  

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  Typical view with no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Normal for this category

Was wind a problem? - No wind

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - None

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Cabin was very nice.  Had a small round table and 2 chairs which we asked to be removed to make a little more space.  The deck plan on the Breakaway/Getaway shows this cabin to be larger than the others.  This is misleading as it is the same size.  The extra space is actually dead space between the cabin wall and the Salt room in the spa.  On Escape, this "dead space"  is actually incorporated into the cabin making it a Deluxe version of the same room...meaning it's a little bigger and costs a little more.  Apparently, it is a one-of-a kind in a category of its own.

Any other comments? -  Highly recommend this category and also deck 15, which we found to be very quiet and relaxing.

The template is as follows:

Ship - Pride of America

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13010

Stateroom Category – Penthouse Suite

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Quite

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Yes - beautiful

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Oversized -  Had table with 4 chairs & 2 lounge chair

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - Very large room, wonderful bathroom, large deck, lots of storage1347956497_PrideofAmericaCabin13010.thumb.jpg.bf8734f782155211cfc0f05bf5395297.jpg