NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Ship -Joy

Deck -14

Stateroom # -14296

Stateroom Category –BF?

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Noisy during the day

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –Very small balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Small

Was wind a problem? -No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -Could not be in during the day due to what I believe was the go kart track.  Very noisy

Any other comments? -

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 18

Stateroom # - 18124

Stateroom Category – H5

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No issues

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Very small balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Small

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - This is an ACCESSIBLE cabin.  The big issue is that the TOILET IS NOT RAISED.  The toilet is standard height (Housekeeping measured it at 15")  Please be aware of this when booking if you need a higher toilet to accommodate your disability.  Note:  The other accessible H5 (17124) has a toilet height of 16" as measured by Housekeeping.)

Any other comments? 

Ship - NCL Bliss

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13706

Stateroom Category – H7

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet stateroom with one exception...and this is not necessarily a negative! Because you are in the very front of the ship, you hear when the anchor is deployed and when the ship is arriving into port. This was actually really neat, as I was awoken ( again, not a bad thing in my case ) and able to see our arrival into a pre dawn NYC  - amazing! As for noise from other rooms? We heard nothing. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Balcony is smaller and enclosed for this room, as you are directly under the bridge. A little obstructed if your whole family is crowding around to watch the pier runners, but also not windy at all on cooler legs of the trip. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Small

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No! It was amazing. This cabin was large enough for our family of 7 to celebrate New Year's Eve dinner in it, comfortably. We were three in the room normally, 2 in the bedroom and with our 11 year old sleeping on the generously sized pull out couch. 

Any other comments? We would definitely sail in this room again. 

On 6/22/2014 at 9:32 PM, jordans mom said:

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13306

Stateroom Category – H6

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, no issues

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – port aft corner; no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - a bit tight front-to-back, notably for a Haven suite; plenty of width.  Small table w/2 chairs, chaise lounges were pushed into outside corner to fit

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - on a 12 day cruise it was a minor issue a few times, but steward regularly took care of it

Any specific problems with this cabin? - couch was not very comfortable and a bit 'tattered', especially given age of ship.  Stationary glass panel assembly in balcony door frame had a constant 'creaking' noise which got worse w/ship motion; we got used to it after a while.  

Any other comments? - Shower in guest bathroom very tight; main bathroom had plenty of room.  Sliding door to main bath didn't have a latch to keep it closed so at times it would slide open due to ship movement.

Ship -Breakaway

Deck -14

Stateroom # -14278

Stateroom Category –B1

Starboard or Port Side -Aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Yes, except at party time at night - very loud thumping music and jumping from spice H2o bar

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Wonderful mid aft view - had two deck chairs and one regular chair we asked for and small table - provided our only cabin seating with three beds made.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized for class I believe

Was wind a problem? - No - wonderful for being outside

Any specific problems with this cabin? -cracked tile on bathroom floor, smallish shower

Any other comments? -steward is great

• 2 weeks later...

Very frustrating thread with not having the ability to even search by ship name.

I read a couple of posts where people mentioned that there was a search option under the "Page # of # " but all that seems to do is allow you key in a page number and jump to that page.

Would be great if the thread could be searched by ship at least,  I can't see that having to open all of the currently 21 pages and scrolling trying to spot the posts regarding a specific ship is really useful.

If there is someway to search the thread please share.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skeetns said:

Very frustrating thread with not having the ability to even search by ship name.

I read a couple of posts where people mentioned that there was a search option under the "Page # of # " but all that seems to do is allow you key in a page number and jump to that page.

Would be great if the thread could be searched by ship at least,  I can't see that having to open all of the currently 21 pages and scrolling trying to spot the posts regarding a specific ship is really useful.

If there is someway to search the thread please share.

It's not perfect because you have to search each page, but you can do a CTRL F for the ship name or room number

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GracyandGravy said:

It's not perfect because you have to search each page, but you can do a CTRL F for the ship name or room number

Thanks,  just tried that and it is a  great tip.

I like that I only have to enter the search term once and as I advance through the pages I can click highlight all and will even be shown how many matches appear on that particular page.

Thanks again ,  Scott

• Like 1

Ship -Joy

Deck -10

Stateroom # -10966

Stateroom Category –H6

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Very Quiet

Balcony View - Large wonderful balcony, went around the side a little

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Oversized

Was wind a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -The only problem was probably the space at the foot of the bed, two people can't walk by at the same time. The smaller bathroom's shower is very small however the other bathroom makes up for it. We would definitely book this cabin again.

Any other comments? - We had great staff, room always cleaned, anything we wanted it was brought in right away. Love it!

• Like 1

Ship - Encore

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9300

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Port side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NO! This is a horrible room. It is located directly over the Cagney’s steakhouse galley and the cleaning  staff cleans that galley every night between 1am and 3am and it’s constant very very loud banging. I am an extremely deep sleeper, I can sleep anywhere anytime but this woke me from a dead sleep. It went on for about 2 hours every night. We complained every night and finally on the 4th day of the cruise they found another balcony room to move us to. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  Unobstructed views, directly over the waterfront on deck 8 but there is a canopy so you can’t see all the people down below and they can’t see up to you. No noise from people below. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - slightly larger balcony since it’s on the angle. Nothing to write home about but you do get a tad more space. 

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Horrible issue with the noise overnight as mentioned above. I do not recommend this cabin to anyone. 

Edited by SkierRobUMN

Ship - Pearl

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5603

Stateroom Category – Interior

Starboard or Port Side - Port side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NO! This was one of the worst rooms for “ship noise” I’ve stayed in on the Pearl (this was 3rd cruise on Pearl). Above us  I believe was Summer Palace and we would here carts being rolled back and forth beginning in the AM and last into the late night. But this wasn’t the biggest issue. There was also an intermittent thuh-thump noise that happened anywhere from 7 AM to 2 AM. It sounded like a washing machines, or dryer, or even a dish washer. It woke us up in the morning and kept us from falling asleep - even with ear plugs in. It was determined to be a refrigeration system on deck 4.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? -N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? I wouldn’t recommend this cabin because of the noise.

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - MSC Divina

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11005

Stateroom Category – Aurea Suite w/Panoramic Sealed Window

Starboard or Port Side - front

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - don’t think so

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no balcony, but awesome panoramic views forward facing

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - n/a

Was wind a problem? -n/a

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none

Any other comments? - great bathroom with full size tub; huge walk-in closet and tons of storage

Ship - Escape

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11218

Stateroom Category – BC

Quiet Stateroom?– Yes very quiet.

Balcony View - No obstructions, could see the lifeboats but I think that is true from most cabins on this ship.

Balcony Size? Normal.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - Very nice location (mid-ship) - Midway between elevators so had only a short walk in each direction and could go the direction we were eventually headings.

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 15

Stateroom # - 15880

Stateroom Category –B1

Starboard or Port Side -Aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Yes mostly. Noise of a rolling cart above in the spa was heard some mornings and late night Spice H20 party heard in room.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Beautiful aft view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - balcony was deep enough for lounger and 4 chairs and small table

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Yes. Fine black soot. You needed to wipe the chairs and railing each time before you sat down or leaned on the railing.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? A long walk to everywhere except the Spa. We enjoyed the cabin with larger balcony and would book again.

Edited by teckelmom
Typo and added comments

• 3 weeks later...

Ship -Breakaway

Deck -15

Stateroom # -15120

Stateroom Category – H5 (Haven)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet for the most part; there were some kids running in the hallway a couple times.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? – No.

Balcony View – Good view; no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – I believe the balcony was  normal for the class; good size; two chairs and a table with room to maneuver

Was wind a problem? – No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? – Not an aft cabin.

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No specific problems

Any other comments? – This was a beautiful Haven room. Of our 5 cruises, it was my husband’s favorite.  Good size with flatscreen television, king-sized bed, small table and two chairs (could dine at if desired) and a medium-sized couch (which I believe would pull out to a twin sized bed, but we forgot to try).  Really liked that there was a small “hallway” between the main room and the bathroom with hanging closet space on both sides and shelving for storage (only on the right side).  There were two small drawers in this little hallway that didn’t hold much but were useful for small things.  This hallway also had a curtain that could be closed which was nice for changing.  There was a good-sized counter with a couple large and a couple smaller drawers in the main room as well as a “hidden” storage area behind the mirror to the left of the television.  There’s a large round area on the mirror that you push and it opens to reveal storage (I used it for makeup etc. as it wasn’t very deep).  Each side of the bed also had a nightstand with a shelf and drawer.  Only the left side (as you face the bed) of the bed had an outlet on the nightstand.  There was a separate counter (over the fridge) where the Nespresso machine and ice bucket sat; above this counter was a glass cabinet that held the coffee cups and wine/champagne glasses and wine opener and other bar tools.  There were a couple of open shelves adjacent to this area that could hold smaller items.  The bathroom itself was very roomy with a double sink area, large mirror, tub/shower and toilet which technically had its own door, but it was glass so it wasn’t very “private”.  There were a couple of cubbies under the sink and one small drawer.  One item of note: the doors/drawers in the main room are the kind that you push to open and push to close (be careful not to accidentally shut a cord in them because they become very hard to open); the doors/drawers in the bathroom are the pull open kind and tended to slam shut.  Not an issue, it just scared the heck out of me every time.

All in all, great room.  We have the same one booked for our next cruise.

2020-01-04 11-06-13.JPEG

2020-01-05 08-48-43.JPEG

2020-01-06 17-28-34.JPEG

2020-01-07 17-21-34.JPEG

2020-01-07 18-04-02.JPEG

On 11/12/2019 at 12:13 PM, mom23krzkidz said:

Ship - Encore

Deck - 15

Stateroom # - 15866

Stateroom Category – B9

Starboard or Port Side - starboard side

Quiet Stateroom?  Yes, only noise we heard was early in the morning we could hear setting up noises from upstairs in the spa. It wasn’t bothersome at all.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom?  No

Balcony View -  Excellent balcony. Even on our very very stormy and choppy transatlantic we were able to use the balcony every day. There is a large overhang, so protected from rain and wind from above. It is an angled balcony facing towards the back of the ship, so even in high winds at full speed, when the outer decks were closed and walking was difficult due to waves and wind, there was minimal breeze on the balcony. 

Balcony Size?  Larger angled balcony

Was wind a problem?  No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?  Only one day did we notice any soot, it seemed to get trapped under the overhang on our only calm day at sea, with high speeds to make up for lost travel time due to the storms

Any specific problems with this cabin?  The only issues we had were a whistle sound from inside the bathroom that was only apparent when the bathroom door was ajar. Closing the door made it way less audible. second issue was an enormous rattle the 2nd to last night that required staff go into the ceiling outside our cabin at nearly midnight to fix. We got immediate response from guest services and was fixed in a few hours. Not sure what it was, but with the storms, likely something knocked loose.

Any other comments?   Great location. Just a quick jaunt upstairs to the spa right overhead. A lovely walk to the bar/observation lounge for snacks, coffee, drinks. Close to elevators. We were next to the 3 Haven spa suites and not sure if this is the norm, but our steward we shared only with those 3 haven rooms. So while we didn’t have the butler or the haven, our steward was always available and TOP NOTCH, and he only had the 4 staterooms to service. 

Awesome!  I am booked in this cabin for April 2021.  Thank you!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, ChicaChic said:

I would just like to know what a Privasea balcony on the Star is like?  Thank you>

That is a fancy word they created a few years ago. It is a hull balcony aka all steel top and bottom with a fair size cutout in the middle to look through.  On Star they are the first few on decks8-10 and aft few on 8.

Some people love them, others not so much like the bride who had one and cried whole trip on bed during honeymoon.

On main page there are pictures of these if you do a search as well way buried is account of said bride.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...