Booking Dining Packages On Line

Does anyone know how far in advance you can book dining packages for the speciality restaurants? We sail on the Grandeur in 141 days but I have not been able to get the RCI cruise planner to open the dining options. It works for everything else. Tried several different computers and devices. Calling RCI is next on my list...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think they have shifted fleet wide to the simplified,

reserve 3, 20% OBC granted

reserve 4, 25% OBC granted

reserve 5, 30% OBC granted

There was a thread posted recently about an email, some had received.

This allows for every reservation to be made, rather than the old system where 1 venue was booked and then the others reserved onboard.

We sail in October this year and I still cannot book specialty dining even though I received the email suggesting I book. Still would not let me do any booking so will keep going back and checking every few days. Hope you have better luck.

This allows for every reservation to be made, rather than the old system where 1 venue was booked and then the others reserved onboard.

I am new so this may be a dumb question if so please forgive me but...

You get a discount on meals if you reserve multiple dining venues???

For example I'm going on Navigator in February I plan on making reservations for

Izumi - Lunch

Giovani's Table - Lunch

Chops Grille - Dinner

Sabor - Dinner

Would I get a discount on any of these because I am going to reserve them early???

If so I would decently reserve them and maybe even head to Giovani's for Dinner too!

Edited by cb3thatsme

This is a new promotion that started May 15th. I have been following it but have no first hand experience and am waiting for others to post experience.

They had packages up until that point.

It is not a discount. It is now OBC, which is onboard credit to spend onboard the ship.

It is currently showing only for dinner reservations.

I think a way around that would be to book the 3rd meal as Izumi in the evening. The staff onboard should be able to then change this to a lunch time. Not sure though, but should work.

On my next cruise, I currently can not book lunch times.

You would only see if bookable on your cruise in the cruise planner.

hmm I guess ill keep and eye and ear out for that thanks for the info!

It sounds interesting I hope that I have an opportunity to try it :D

On a side note their website does not work well with Safari half the pages come up black I thought it was just the system but it seems like it loads on Chrome...

Edited by cb3thatsme

Thanks for the info. I will keep trying. I got the same email offer and assumed that it was open but now I know it's not just me. I don't want to miss out on the options. Last year on the Allure we could not get in to certain restaurants as they were full before we ever got aboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We experienced this new program on board the Oasis back in May. We booked 3 specialty restaurants online, regular pricing. Then on the second day of the cruise, we saw the credit applied to our on board account in an amount equivalent to 20% off. We didn't have to ask or do anything to get this - it just happened automatically.

There was also a message on the TV (aka Advertisement) showing those same discounts mentioned above at 20, 25 and 30% tiers.

We experienced this new program on board the Oasis back in May. We booked 3 specialty restaurants online, regular pricing. Then on the second day of the cruise, we saw the credit applied to our on board account in an amount equivalent to 20% off. We didn't have to ask or do anything to get this - it just happened automatically.

There was also a message on the TV (aka Advertisement) showing those same discounts mentioned above at 20, 25 and 30% tiers.

Great to here from someone with direct onboard experience.

Did you or anyone else you met use one of the 'a la carte' venues like Izumi and how was the OBC calculated, if so?

Did you notice if the offer was only for dinner reservations or did they open up lunchtime bookings to the promotion as well?

Great to here from someone with direct onboard experience.

Did you or anyone else you met use one of the 'a la carte' venues like Izumi and how was the OBC calculated, if so?

Did you notice if the offer was only for dinner reservations or did they open up lunchtime bookings to the promotion as well?

Hi - this might help even more. Just received this in regards to our upcoming cruise on the Oasis via email:

SAVE UP TO 30% ON SPECIALTY DINING

Make 3 or more reservations in one of our specialty restaurants and receive an onboard credit to use during your cruise vacation.

NUMBER OF RESERVATIONS RECEIVE CREDIT TO SPEND ONBOARD

3 = 20% OF THE VALUE OF YOUR RESERVATION

4 = 25% OF THE VALUE OF YOUR RESERVATION

5+ = 30% OF THE VALUE OF YOUR RESERVATION

Receive 20% of the value of your reservation if you book a specialty dining experience for the first day of your cruise. Traveling with the family? Kids ages 6-12 dine for only $8. Children younger than 5 years of age dine for free.

TERMS & CONDITIONS

*Dining package discount is applicable to all pre-cruise specialty dining reservations. If reservations are cancelled after the onboard credit is posted, the discount amount will be altered accordingly. Onboard credit is applied on Day 1 of the cruise and is given to the primary person on the cruise booking. Onboard credit applies only to food purchases (cover charge or a la carte) and is not combinable with any other offer. Reserve before you sail, and prices will be adjusted for kids once you are aboard, and reflected in your final account.

Edited by marklodi

We sail on 6th Sept and ours haven't opened up yet either. It's just over 70 days until we board.

I've been looking every day though as I want to book the cupcake classes and as far as I'm aware they can be booked under the dining option.

We are on 2 5-day BTB cruises on Oasis in September. I have booked 2 speciality restaurants in the first 5 days and one in the second. I tried emailing RCI to ask if we would get the 20% OBC applied (don't want to do speciality dining for 3 out of 5 nights on just one of the cruises- would be too much!) Of course- no reply from RCI! Does anyone know if the offer only applies to a single cruise? Otherwise we'll just have to wait & see!

We are on 2 5-day BTB cruises on Oasis in September. I have booked 2 speciality restaurants in the first 5 days and one in the second. I tried emailing RCI to ask if we would get the 20% OBC applied (don't want to do speciality dining for 3 out of 5 nights on just one of the cruises- would be too much!) Of course- no reply from RCI! Does anyone know if the offer only applies to a single cruise? Otherwise we'll just have to wait & see!

OBC is lost at the end of the cruise. OBC does not carry over to a consecutive cruise.

We sail FEB 2015 and got the above email but when I clicked on the book button I tried it told me I couldn't book.

Please advise 20%, 25% and 30% of what???

Edited by Ed

Hi - this might help even more. Just received this in regards to our upcoming cruise on the Oasis via email:

SAVE UP TO 30% ON SPECIALTY DINING

Make 3 or more reservations in one of our specialty restaurants

TERMS & CONDITIONS

*Dining package discount is applicable

to all pre-cruise specialty dining reservations. .

Thanks.

It does state 'all' pre-cruise specialty dining. That implies that lunch reservations would qualify.

I am booked on Quantum in November and have 2 of 8 dinners in Wonderland ($45) and Chef's Table ($85) booked. It is very advantageous for me to book at least a 3rd, but hope someone can report success with a lunch booking.

They have no lunch venues open for booking on Quantum yet, but all dinner venues are open for November.

I've been looking every day though as I want to book the cupcake classes and as far as I'm aware they can be booked under the dining option.

Hi - No, the cupcake classes are not booked in advance, as far as I know. You do this at the Cupcake Cupboard once you board. I am not sure if you could also book through the Guest Services desk, but if the shop is closed, I would imagine you could.

Have fun! The cupcakes there are awesome - and if Maria is working, please tell her M&M said hi! :D

Edited by marklodi

Hi - No, the cupcake classes are not booked in advance, as far as I know. You do this at the Cupcake Cupboard once you board. I am not sure if you could also book through the Guest Services desk, but if the shop is closed, I would imagine you could.

Have fun! The cupcakes there are awesome - and if Maria is working, please tell her M&M said hi! :D

I just checked my cruise planner and the cupcake class is indeed available to be booked online. I see a nice cream party too...yum!

New to this guys and just trying to weigh up taking a drinks package or not. Is there a drinks price list available or does anyone know in general the price of beer, wine etc. We are social drinkers, maybe a few most days and a glass of wine with dinner.

New to this guys and just trying to weigh up taking a drinks package or not. Is there a drinks price list available or does anyone know in general the price of beer, wine etc. We are social drinkers, maybe a few most days and a glass of wine with dinner.

Gambee's drink list:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Edited by clarea

I just checked my cruise planner and the cupcake class is indeed available to be booked online. I see a nice cream party too...yum!

Is it? I stand corrected - how cool is that?! Book it if you can - it's one thing we missed. :)