Upsell call

KatRat416

Just got my first upsell call! This will be our 5th cruise, and probably the last for a while. We're currently in an unobstructed balcony on deck 4 and happy with it. They offered an ocean suite for $525 or vista suite for $600something. Too much for us, but husband said if they can get it down to $350 he'll pay for it since it'll be our last cruise for a while and "you only live once!" We'll see....lady on the phone sounded very much like she'll be calling back tomorrow!

Good choice!

I think they're asking too much. You sound like you have a really good room anyway.

I hope you get a bargain upsell, especially if it will be the last for some time. But it's a cruise........ I'm sure a slightly bigger room/balcony isn't going to make a huge difference of your enjoyment of vacation time!!

when I'm tempted to pay to upgrade I always think, would it really make that much difference to the overall experience?? most often I come to the conclusion that, no, probably not BUT if I feel like I got a bargain, then that's a different story!!!

Considering we only paid $600 per person for the balcony that we have we did well there....We agree that we're happy with what we have and don't "need" anything bigger or better, but it would be nice to say "we did that once". Our daughter is 15 months old and this is our first vacation since we were pregnant (our last cruise I was 6 weeks pregnant) and our next one will probably be saving for taking her to Disney World when she turns 5. A few hundred extra for the experience would be okay to do, but if they don't call back with a better price, no skin off our back. We're still going and having a blast!

We got an upsell call for our Victory cruise back in December. We took the deal but we did try to see if we can barter with them to get it cheaper, but no success. I will be shocked to hear if you got a cheaper rate that what was offered