'Pirate' bar opens in Dockyard

islegroove

Articles mention it is a former BDA Ferry, wonder if it is the old Deliverance or the Patience. I think she can still sail, which might make for some fun party cruises..

It SURE looks like it could be one of those.

Would love to see the menu and drink prices when someone goes there.

Maybe they'll post a menu on FB but they did say drinks would be cheap, of course cheap is all relative.:D

Peg, we will be there in a couple weeks. Definitely plan to go to Calico Jack's at least once.

If they don't add more to their FB page by then, I will take some pics of their menus and report back here.

Cheers!!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Peg, we will be there in a couple weeks. Definitely plan to go to Calico Jack's at least once.

If they don't add more to their FB page by then, I will take some pics of their menus and report back here.

Cheers!!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

That would be great maybe stop in there when we go in october aboard explorer....

Cheers!!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Thank you. It's going to be hard not to at least stop in for a quick drink and look around. We'll be passing it every time we go anywhere! When walking from the ship to the ferry/bus stops - it's on the right while the ferry is on the left. :)

As I watch/listen to the Bermuda web cam, I wonder if the music I am hearing is coming from this venue. Sounds very inviting, if so.

I would say this is very likely. Looking at the cam right now, I can see Calico Jack's.

Is that Calico Jack's at the bottom right on the cam? Just above the PTZTV logo?

At night I watch it on my iPad and audio is not supported. Can't hear anything.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Is that Calico Jack's at the bottom right on the cam? Just above the PTZTV logo?

At night I watch it on my iPad and audio is not supported. Can't hear anything.

~Robin

Yes that is Calico Jack's. At least on my desktop version, there is a sound on/off button on the website.

Articles mention it is a former BDA Ferry, wonder if it is the old Deliverance or the Patience. I think she can still sail, which might make for some fun party cruises..

10509540_10152472586145758_672690412703999933_n.jpg

I don't think it is either one of those, but I can find out. I do know there was a fire on an old ferry up in Dockyard earlier this year and it's probably the same boat and the name was mentioned there (they were working on it and I believe they were welding something when the fire broke out).

• 2 weeks later...

We were one of the lucky ones that got diverted to Bermuda over the holiday weekend on the Splendor. It will be interesting to see if they have bar snacks at night. They do not have a menu because there is no food at all. Not even bar snacks. She said they have all the regular drinks. Two rum swizzles were $18.50, 1 dark rum & diet coke and a Miller Lite was $12.50. We had fun watching "adult kids" doing shots and jumping from the ship.

The first photo is taken from the balcony of the Splendor docked at Heritage Wharf.

P1040396.JPG

P1040405.JPG

P1040408.JPG

You can jump from the 2nd deck and swim near the "pirate ship".

P1040406.JPG

Can't wait to see what Robin can add about the night scene at Calico Jack's....and also about the catamaran!

It was fun to have a drink or two. Never had the chance to jump either. Just ran out if time.

Only food there were bags of peanuts. It's kind of a dive bar for sure. Here's a couple pics.

ImageUploadedByForums1405269647.019567.jpg.e96d26dc35efb6062aa13c10bc6157fd.jpg

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

ImageUploadedByForums1405269604.744473.jpg.4c9c3b9c5ee2a614704947125d011f2b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1405269626.864493.jpg.8ee0b2c9fb72aee13977d337a6467407.jpg

It was fun to have a drink or two. Never had the chance to jump either. Just ran out if time.

Only food there were bags of peanuts. It's kind of a dive bar for sure. Here's a couple pics.

[ATTACH]319222[/ATTACH][ATTACH]319223[/ATTACH][ATTACH]319224[/ATTACH]

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

WELCOME HOME !

Am I understanding that Calico Jack's is not a "must do" ?

Hope you had a great trip !

Thank you!

Not a must do unless you like to drink and sweat at the same time during the day. Much better once the sun goes down. We did like hearing the music at night from our balcony.

The music heard on the webcam is definitely from Calico Jack's.

Webcam is on the top left of the Commissioner's House.

Right under the roof. It's white.

ImageUploadedByForums1405271011.403609.jpg.fe648dfaf038e0f9c9685e0eb7f339dd.jpg

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006