Getting UDP but not yet applied

smting

Hi all,

I booked the Breakaway to Bermuda and am currently 67 days out from sailing. RCI (timeshare company) had a promotion which included the UDP, so I booked on June 11 using timeshare points we had accumulated. I have called RCI twice to see when it would show up on my booking, as it still has not as of yesterday, which is 2 weeks after I reserved and paid in full. RCI confirmed that the promotion was valid and they said they processed it to NCL on June 17. NCL says they see notes of it, but it hasn't been processed yet. I don't know which company is delaying this, but it doesn't seem to me that it should take that long to apply. They said it might take another week or so and I can't do much but to wait and hope it gets applied. Anyway, that is not my question.

The NCL rep said that I can go ahead and make the reservations and when the UDP is applied, I will get credited. I don't see this in writing anywhere and I am a bit hesitant to go ahead and make the charges. OTOH, I would rather secure the reservations now before I lose the slots I want.

Has anybody else ever been in this situation? I suspect since UDP is relatively new and this promotion was a third party deal, my situation is a bit unique. NCL also confirmed that when it was applied, I would see the $0 prices for the specialty restaurants. This is consistent with what I have read here.

Thanks for your thoughts!

AFAIK if you make reservations and cancel at least 2 weeks before you sail, your CC is credited. If you cancel after that, you receive OBC. I would think the same would apply to you but you would have to call to actually get the refund since you don't really want to lose your reservations. I think I would wait another week before booking them to see if they get it processed.