Breakaway w/ pics and comments, June, Haven

graphicguy

My wife really liked Burn the Floor. I enjoyed it, too. But, I already knew what to expect. She thought it was going to be ballroom dancing. It's much, much more.....salsa, rock the floor, amazing dance moves, regardless of the dance style.

2nd City was fun. We went to the later shows (more adult). The shows really are dependent on the audience. If the audience isn't "into it" (which happened one night we were there), then the show won't be as good. We loved it, though. Show was different both nights we went.

Edited by graphicguy

Every time we passed through the main Atrium, or grabbed a drink at O'Sheehan's, we would hang out a bit and listen to the "Fire and Ice" duo. I think the lead singer was channelingWhitney Houston, Diana Ross, Dionne Warrick and Tina Turner. We never stayed for a whole set as we were usually just dropping by on our way to do something else.

But, evertime we did stop, we enjoyed the show.

Sitting at O'Sheehan's looking down at the stage......

DSC00266_zps2409dc14.jpg

Edited by graphicguy

No matter what we had done all day, no matter where we had been, on the ship, off the ship, no matter how late it was, we always ended up the night at Fat Cats. "Big Poppa" and his band was outstanding. He's a great entertainer. I still have a soft spot for Slam Allen, though (who's taking a hiatus from his NCL gig).

Kind of interesting, Bit Poppa left the ship to do a gig, allegedly in Russia. A Chicago blues guy came on to play with Big Poppa's band during his absence (can't recall his name). But, they also had some of the other performers from the other shows come in to jam with the band. This was one of those nights (they were every bit as good as Slam or Big Poppa). Again, best entertainment at sea.

DSC00270_zps8d61ee25.jpg

Edited by graphicguy

No matter what we had done all day, no matter where we had been, on the ship, off the ship, no matter how late it was, we always ended up the night at Fat Cats. "Big Poppa" and his band was outstanding. He's a great entertainer. I still have a soft spot for Slam Allen, though (who's taking a hiatus from his NCL gig).

I was on the Breakaway last week and spent four nights in Fat Cats watching "Big Poppa" a/k/a Les Getrex and the Creole Cookin' Band. I was disappointed that Slam Allen was gone, but ended up having a great time.

I was on the Breakaway last week and spent four nights in Fat Cats watching "Big Poppa" a/k/a Les Getrex and the Creole Cookin' Band. I was disappointed that Slam Allen was gone, but ended up having a great time.

yeah....love me some Slam, but Big Poppa didn't disappoint. He's a great entertainer. We had a great time every night in Fat Cats.

I think all except for one night, we stayed until they quit playing (wee hours of the a.m.).

While the Haven Suites have their own, elaborate coffee/tea machines, including some high end coffee/tea selections, every once in awhile, we decided we wanted to get some ""Starbucks-like" coffee from Carlos' Bakery, complete with a cupcake.....

DSC00153_zps1488f837.jpg

Edited by graphicguy

I haven't talked at all about the port....beautiful Bermuda.. Interestingly, having 3 nights using the Breakaway for our hotel and for most meals is really appealing.

It worked well. We liked seeing this view when we were done doing "out thing" on the island every night....our home away from home.....

DSC00265_zps7000e6a8.jpg

Mentioned this in another thread, we didn't sign up for any tours. For the cost of two water taxis and bus passes (IIRC, $35/pp/3 days), we made our own itineraries.

Spent a day at Horseshoe Beach....beautiful area...especially if you walk down the beach, away from the crowds to explore the many coves, nooks and crannies....

Here's a crowded area........

DSC00271_zps8f7d0d81.jpg

Edited by graphicguy

Thank you for this. Loving every minute of it!!!!!!!!!!!! Will be in BA Haven in Feb and this is a great resource.

AC....thanks for the kind words. Glad I could help.:)

Gotta little bit more to go before I wrap this up.

One evening while docked, we saw a bunch of people standing around near the dock in Hamilton. We asked one of the "official looking people" what they were doing. They said they were spear heading a sunset rum cruise. Sounded fun. Asked if they had more room. They did.

Off we went to see some of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen (and drink plenty of rum, of course).

DSC00238_zps51e8c630.jpg