Classic drinks, coffee and ice-cream

Jo and Rob

Hi all,

Just wondering if the classic drinks package includes icecream at the Gelateria? I assumed it wouldn't but the free drinks package on Princess does so I would hate to miss out on a freebie!!

We are on Infinity this month, does anyone know if it has free soft serve ice cream on the pool decks? Does the buffet have a fabulous ice cream section like the Eclipse which was fantastic.

Also, I've been reading reviews about drinks prices going up and that some drinks that were included in the package are no longer included. :confused:

Does anyone have an up to date price list as I fear I've been looking at old posts which are now arguably out of date. I am particularly interested in cocktails which a review suggested would no longer be included and I find that extremely hard to believe.

We are sailing out of Harwich (UK) which may be the source of the confusion. I believe that service is included out of the UK but they bump up the prices of the drinks to cover it. Does anyone know the maximum price of drinks included out of the UK?

I am a great fan of a tasty cup of coffee and have already located cafe al Bacio on the infinity deck plan. Is it possible to buy a cup of coffee at any of the bars on Infinity as well?

Finally, I can't find Qsine on the Infinity deck plans :confused: but I know it is there somewhere. Help!

There is no bev pack that includes the Gelato.

There was a coffee drink that had a scoop of Gelato in it that is included in the Prem Pack. The scoop is vanilla and I don't think that you can substitute for another flavor.

There are soft serve machines that are included along with the home made ice cream that is served at the ice cream bar in the buffet.

Plus you can always get some ice cream as part of the desert in the dining rooms.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Sorry, no free gelato with the classic (alcoholic) package - with two exceptions: as a Captain's Club member you get a coupon for one (!) free scoop of gelato per member per cruise. In Café al Bacio it's possible to order an "Affogato" which is a small scoop of vanilla gelato filled up with espresso coffee. it's covered by the package. I didn't dare ask if they could leave the espresso...

When we were on Infinity last March you could get specialty coffees ( covered by the package) in Café al Bacio, Bistro-on-Five and you could order it in the Main Dining room for example for breakfast or after dinner. ( we found the coffee worse than in Café al Bacio but that's a personal view). In contrast to Eclipse or Equinox it wasn't possible to get one at the bar section in the Oceanview Café - they didn't have a machine, yet. I don't know if that has changed meanwhile.

We are members of the Captain's club which makes me wonder why we didn't get free Gelato coupons last time. The ice cream coffee is definitely included in the classic package as I had it last time.

Any information on an up to date drinks and cocktail list please?

We are members of the Captain's club which makes me wonder why we didn't get free Gelato coupons last time. The ice cream coffee is definitely included in the classic package as I had it last time.

Sorry if I am giving the wrong info. I am just passing on my experience on the Eclipse in Mar 2014. I asked for the Affogato that is espresso,and chocolate syrup over a scoop of vanilla gelato and was told that it is not included in the Classic package. I guess it may be like many things that aren't consistant with Celebrity.

It really doesn't matter as they will find out for sure what is and what isn't available when they are on the ship. What was or has been will not make any difference.

As for the gelato coupon if you are an Elite member or above you should have received it along with the other cuopons for your captain club level. It is more of a free sample size and not a full regular scoop.

Edited by miched

As for the gelato coupon if you are an Elite member or above you should have received it along with the other cuopons for your captain club level. It is more of a free sample size and not a full regular scoop.

We are only select members and had a coupon for a scoop with cone in May. It was a regular scoop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ice cream coffee had gone in May on Eclipse, as had any coffee with alcohol. Everything on the Cafe Al Bacio menu was covered by the classic package. We as select Captains Club members had vouchers in the room on day one for a gelato scoop with waffle cone.

The ice cream coffee had gone in May on Eclipse, as had any coffee with alcohol. Everything on the Cafe Al Bacio menu was covered by the classic package. We as select Captains Club members had vouchers in the room on day one for a gelato scoop with waffle cone.

Are you saying that Irish coffee is no longer included on the classic package? That is a great shame as we really enjoyed an Irish coffee on the Eclipse.

Are you saying that Irish coffee is no longer included on the classic package? That is a great shame as we really enjoyed an Irish coffee on the Eclipse.

As I recall from a couple of very long drink package threads, kevinyork was on a cruise during a period of some transition and great confusion with respect to the Classic Package. Many of the issues encountered during that period were subsequently addressed by Celebrity. Perhaps a more recent cruiser could address some of your specific questions about the Classic Package.

I assume the soft serve ice cream is self-serve? And is the buffet area the only place you can get it? The only other cruise I've been on (Disney) had it by the pools, so just thought I'd ask.

Also, I understand that there is frozen yogurt at the Aqua Spa Cafe in the solarium. Has anybody tried it?

We were on "Eclipse" in June and having an Affogato with the Classic Alc.Package was no problem, it was definitely included. We saw lots of people ordering Irish coffees, too. As they didn't sign anything later I'd think they were on the package as well.